PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Draft: Day 2, Rounds 2-3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you like, announcing the picks before they're announced on TV? You stated the Garafaloaoalaoal pick before ESPN did. Was that supposition or whatever?
Actually, I am announcing them with the NFL.COM site..

I announced the Garropolo pick because LaConfora announced it right after the Cards selection.

That wasn't the only pick he tipped.

Ok yeah, I thought I was going crazy. It'd be super rad if people could at least wait until after it is announced on TV. It's super anticlimactic to read it here vs. hear it announced by Willie McGinest.

Actually, I am announcing them with the NFL.COM site..
I have the NFL site open, and from my view it has been in-sync with the TV the whole night.

Donte Moncrief please. Time for a frickin receiver. Dobson with his foot healing, Boyce on the outside? Amendola and Edelman in the slot? LaFell? Come on!!

Moncrief would be a good value pick at this point. Very explosive athletically, real good size at 6'2 220 lbs. Might turn into Aaron Dobson 2.0 for us. Which means more mismatches against the defense. He really killed it at the Combine.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/donte-moncrief?id=2543614

Is there any OL left there that would be starter over Wendell and Connoly right off the bat?

Chiefs select Phillip Gaines - DB

I don't particularly like the pick, but you do realize that Brady ran a 5.28 at the Combine?

yes I do...and I realize that Tom is 3 and a half inches taller, rangier and FAR FAR better velocity. Stop rationalizing and LOOK at what a total PROJECT this guy is...then ask yourself, WHY???????????

Did you not see our QB getting bludgeoned and beaten to a pulp in the AFC conference game? We NEED O line help in the middle...guard, center...we need them NOW...and they take this hot shot from a nobody who cares conference that can't even read a goddamned progression...krist...tell me, exactly HOW does THIS guy improve the 2014 NEP roster making it a better team than the 2013 squad?

I don't particularly like the pick, but you do realize that Brady ran a 5.28 at the Combine?
Judging QB's by 40 time is at best a very slippery slope. Even all "mobile" QB's don't necessarily test well. But your right, complaining about JG is hilarious when Brady was running with lead cleats on. You could have timed him with a sundial.

Bengals select Will Clarke - DE

hoping for daquan jones/yankey

expecting brock vereen or some random player that nobody's ever heard of. we're due.

Rapoport says that there's interest in a Mallett to Texans trade that would involve a year extension for Mallett, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Chargers select Chris Watt - G

Seems like a good spot for RB, OL and WTF out of left field head scratcher picks. Interesting to see what direction we go, my preference again is probably to trade down.

Christian Jones still available

I feel an RB coming on. Not what I'd prefer, but the value's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents