PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Coach of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanTheColtsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
There's a slim chance it happens now but if the Vikings fall into the playoffs, my vote goes to Tice.

But since it won't happen.. Bill Belichick.

I can see Lovie Smith or Marvin Lewis, too. No to Saban.

I thought you'd be the first to say Dungy.

My vote goes to...

Lovie Smith.

drew4008 said:

My vote goes to...

Lovie Smith.

The head coach of my team can't win COY. Manning isn't eligible since he plays quarterback.

I'd like to see Dante Scarnecchia get COY.

Last edited:
Ryan, where have you been. I would say its between Smith and BB. The thing about the Vikings is everyone is all over there winning streak. Well, what about the losing streak, wasn't he coaching then? Are they winning because of his coaching genious or maybe Dante isn't really that good ( which is another thread). Hey good for Tice, but I wouldn't mention his name in the same paragraph as the forementioned coaches.

drew4008 said:

My vote goes to...

Lovie Smith.

I have to agree with you on Smith. Saban has done a very good job in Miami though.

I like the Tice pick. Everyone was on his case early in the season, then he loses his starting QB. Now he has the team turned around and has a good shot at making the playoffs. Even Jets fans were making fun of him, they're not laughing anymore though.

Me thinks Mike Holmgren will win it if he beats the beloved Dolts this weekend.

Lovie Smith or Bill Belichick. It's funny, when the Patriots were looking so crappy and injured, everyone was saying, "If the Pats make the playoffs this might be BB's best coaching job to date!" Now the pundits seem more focused on the resurgence, the players, the injuries, and aren't talking about Belichick the same way. Taking him for granted. Oh well - let's win the Super Bowl. Yawn.

When do they actually vote? The timing could make a difference. I don't really care about these things that are voted including Pro Bowls and MVP, etc.

PatsSteve1 said:
When do they actually vote? The timing could make a difference. I don't really care about these things that are voted including Pro Bowls and MVP, etc.

BB doesn't care either!! Bring on another Lombardi!

It would be heartwarming to see Tice win it. It would give him a lasting momento of his time as a HC in the NFL once Ziggy Wolf finishes his "build me a new taxpayer funded stadium" housecleaning, and Mike gets ass-canned for being the coach of the Minnesota Sex Offenders. :rolleyes:

Marvin Lewis probably deserves serious consideration for finally making the Bungles legit. Lovie Smith and BB as well for overcoming devastating injuries and winning their Division.

I'll go with Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren. Born out of the Bill Walsh coaching family tree, don't be shocked to see the Holmgren-led Seattle team finally making it to the Super Bowl.

I think it will go to Dungy or Lovie Smith. Dungy certainly deserves one for what he's accomplished in Indy. He's made an excellent offense better, and he's put together a good defense with a lot of younger players. What Lovie Smith has done with Chicago is remarkable, and if defense wins championships ....

i think lovie smith should win it but i think dungy will. The colts quest for the undefeated season was the biggest story of the season by the press.

It'll never happen, but I'd love to see Dante get it. But for HC I'd say Smith or Lewis.

Dungy won't get it now without the perfect season. The risk that the Colts choking in the playoffs and making the pick look foolish is much too great.

Smith is a much safer choice - after all, if the Bears never win a game for the rest of the year, you can't deny that he did a great job.

R

If not BB, then I would have no problem with Lovie Smith. What he has done in Chicago is really great to see, and since BB has won already in the recent past, they may want to spread it around a bit.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
There's a slim chance it happens now but if the Vikings fall into the playoffs, my vote goes to Tice.

But since it won't happen.. Bill Belichick.

I can see Lovie Smith or Marvin Lewis, too. No to Saban.

In all honesty I believe that Dungy has to be the COTY simply due to the fact that he got that defense over the hump, won more games and finally tied up homefield for his club. Of course, if he mismanages these final weeks and goes out of the playoffs early again, that'll all be out the window. Great regular season though, without a doubt.

Belichick and Smith are both tied in my mind right behind Dungy as close second place guys.

Last edited:
My vote goes to Saban in Miami. He's done a great job and that team is really starting to jell. I see them as having a legitimate shot at the playoffs next year.
My #2 would be Smith in Chicago. What a great defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call