PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL 2012 Kicks Off: Cowboys at Giants Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think thursday night openers started with pats/colts in 2004. So last 8 seasons no home team has lost those games...
.......until tonight

The Giants have a worse secondary than most of the league now with those injuries,they are going to have to put up lots of points on the board if they are to win next week.

Last edited:
Romo was pretty clutch tonight it must be said.

I think the refs got a call from the league office at halftime. They tried their best to give the game to the Giants.

Screw you Eli

You overrated lamer

Last edited:
Well it didn't ruin the Giants night. They did get to raise the banner, but it sure took them down a few notches. I feel a little better anyway

First Manning face of the season, ladies and gentlemen football is back :cool:

I think the refs got a call from the league office at halftime. They tried their best to give the game to the Giants.

yet the spin will be the replacements cost the Giants the game

Screw you Eli

You overrated lamer
Explain to me how the numerous drops committed by Victor Cruz where Eli put the ball on the spot is Manning's fault?

The game wasn't lost by Eli, it was lost by the Giants' secondary and their inability to cover Ogletree.

Last edited:
And that is why Romo is a top 5 QB

Yes, one of my upset picks won..YES! I predicted already I think the Cowboys will be better than the experts think. We shall see ...nice game!

To be fair, they did miss the holding call that would likely have turned that early fg into a TD for the Giants.

Could be a lot of road team winners this weekend.

Last edited:
To be fair, they did miss the holding call that would likely have turned that early fg into a TD for the Giants.

So the Cowboys won by 3 anyway

One thing I did not see from Romo today was that giddiness he displays after every good play during the game. I used to see him laugh, not concentrating enough on the next play once someone makes a big play. Tonight, he was all focused and only celebrated the touchdowns and that was it. Watch out people, Dallas is a dangerous team.

The second Manning face will be Sunday night!

I don't see Denver beating Pittsburgh... And I say this with my prediction of the Steelers missing the playoffs this year,the Broncos will also be out IMO

Explain to me how the numerous drops committed by Victor Cruz where Eli put the ball on the spot is Manning's fault?

The game wasn't lost by Eli, it was lost by the Giants' secondary and their inability to cover Ogletree.
It isn't, but Manning gets all the credit when he throws up jump balls and the WRs come down with it. Manning also missed a wide open pass that would have been a TD.

man...that was brutal...Blue Ref Group the entire quarter...don't make it TOO obvious...5 straight penalties on Dallas taking them from the Giants 14 to the Giants 35????...then the Giants get the ball and all flags on the Dallas defense....Goodell looked VERY unhappy at the outcome...1st team to lose at home after winning the Super Bowl the year previous in the opener....next up...the Jets home opener....after THIS ref performance in the 2nd half I'd think Tim Tebow will draw flags on the defense 20 or 30 times in the 2nd half...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents