PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL 2012 Kicks Off: Cowboys at Giants Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the AFC North is so hard to predict this year. You can make a case for and against all the contenders. I do know that 3 teams won't make it though!
The AFC North will be far more competitive than the AFC East.

BB is gonna love if his DBs can get away with PI all season.

Last night's game was a temporary fix for my football jones. It's only going to get worse the next three days waiting for Patriots/Titans to start. Sigh.

I'll also add that I think many people are going to be surprised at just HOW good our defense will be the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that has been lost in the shuffle is that the Dallas defense looked pretty darn good last night. Morris Claiborne often had tight coverage on Hakeem Nicks. I thought Brandon Carr did a pretty decent job on Cruz, though Cruz did get open at the end of the game and simply had a few bad looking drops. IMO, that's one of the key pieces that was missing on this Dallas defense... consistent play throughout a game from the secondary. They look to have that now and Claiborne will only improve with time.

On the flip side, the Giants defense is clearly missing Amukumara and, now, Coe. Tryon looked horrible last night and Romo was laser locked on him from the moment he entered the game. If that CB position doesn't get healthy, and fast, the Giants may have trouble navigating through that tough schedule.

only a matter of time before the giants start faking injuries again....

Who was wearing Romo's jersey last night?
Aside from the pick 6 prevented by a penalty, Romo played a steady, mistake free game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes