PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next week Rats-GMEN (Giants vs Jets game merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Next week Rats-GMEN (Giants vs Jets game merged)

The week leading up to that second Jets game seems like such a long time ago... in the aftermath of today's slate of games.

I seem to recall many writing off the Patriots after that Giants loss and poised to anoint the Jets prematurely as in the driver's seat for the division... as well as Eli as being in the same class as Brady.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning's delivery of the NY Daily News to my doorstep here in the Apple. The local mediots went all-in predicting a big day for both the Giants and the Jets today, so they're usually particularly nasty to the teams when they have the temerity to prove them wrong.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see some fracturing in the Jets lockerroom make its way into the press.

The Giants looked truly awful today, but next week's game is the kind of game they have usually won over the last few years, so I'm optimistically looking forward to them taking the Jets out of their already long-shot playoff hopes. Then, against the Cowboys in week 17? As Rodney Harrison said tonight on NBC, it will all depend on which Giants team shows up.

It's almost too much to hope for by a Pats fan living in New York to have the Jets eliminated by the Giants and then have the Giants flop on the final day of the season, but 'tis the season and I still do believe in Santa Claus.:singing:

I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning's delivery of the NY Daily News to my doorstep here in the Apple. The local mediots went all-in predicting a big day for both the Giants and the Jets today, so they're usually particularly nasty to the teams when they have the temerity to prove them wrong.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see some fracturing in the Jets lockerroom make its way into the press.

The Giants looked truly awful today, but next week's game is the kind of game they have usually won over the last few years, so I'm optimistically looking forward to them taking the Jets out of their already long-shot playoff hopes. Then, against the Cowboys in week 17? As Rodney Harrison said tonight on NBC, it will all depend on which Giants team shows up.

It's almost too much to hope for by a Pats fan living in New York to have the Jets eliminated by the Giants and then have the Giants flop on the final day of the season, but 'tis the season and I still do believe in Santa Claus.:singing:

Don't forget to tune into WFAN at 10am.

I think I'm rooting for any scenario where the Cowboys get in over the Giants. The Jest will prob still make it since the other teams can't get it together to take the 6th seed.

How anybody can hate the Giants 1/100th as much as the Jets is beyond me. F the JETS.

I'll be rooting for the Giants in that game.

If Jets make it, the only two teams they can play in the wild card round are the Texans and you know who.
actually no i dont know who.

How anybody can hate the Giants 1/100th as much as the Jets is beyond me. F the JETS.
You must have forgotten a certain game. Good for you.

I predict that the jets finish 8-8.Giants game is going to be tough and we all know
how much the Jets are loved in Miami.:D

I admit that I'm rooting for the Jets next week, if only for how it affects the NFC East. if the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles all finish at 8-8, then the Philadelphia Eagles win the division. LOL

Here's to a Pats-Eagles Super Bowl

Jints or Jetsies?

Tough choice - atleast one of them will lose which is a good thing.

After thinking alot about this - I just cannot root for the Jetsies. Despite the fact that the Giants did beat us in the game that shan't be named, I just despise the Jetsies with all my heart!

If the Jetsies win - the Giants are pretty much out of playoff contention but the Jetsies are in prime position to get into the playoffs with a win in Miami which is possible with everything to play for. If the Giants win - they still have a tough game against the Cowboys for all the marbles and the Cowboys will be playing for their playoff lives as well and at the same time the Jetsies will be in a very very tough position to make the playoffs as they would not only have to beat Miami in Miami but hope that the Bengals lose their next two and that the Titans also lose one of their next two.

All in all - I will root for the better of the two evils...the Jints!

Re: Jints or Jetsies?

All in all - I will root for the better of the two evils...the Jints!

I love to see the jests lose. Fudge The Jests!

Jints. I hate the Jets soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Just as soon knock the JETS out of the playoffs and shut Tubby's pie hole until next season and weaken the six seed and leave the Jints alive to ruin another season for Jerry Jones...

Root for Giants obviously, they are not a big rival and since 07 have lost first round and missed 2 going on 3 straight playoff chances. They will get owned by Dallas and won't be able to pass DET or ATL so both teams miss out.

Just as soon knock the JETS out of the playoffs and shut Tubby's pie hole until next season and weaken the six seed and leave the Jints alive to ruin another season for Jerry Jones...

I want the Jets to be the six seed. I want them to beat Houston. And, I want to hang a f'n hat trick on that fat bastard!! They have no answers for Gronk/Hernandez. Especially, without Leonhard. Let's get the top seed and roll those clowns.

Yep, no doubt about it. I want to see the NYJ sit home in the playoffs, it would make it that much nicer for the NEP fans.

And that's also a great point about wanting to weaken the 6th seed too, that's very important in my opinion.

How is this remotely a tough choice?!? Anyone who isn't rooting against the Jets are ludicrious. The only reason you might root for the Jets is because of the satisfaction of beating them in the playoffs. bBut since the Pats are almost assured of a first round bye, the Jets will most likely be eliminated by the time the Pats play their first playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3