PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New York Times writer calls for Belichick 1 year suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the Fans for truth campaign here coming along. We really need a generic email to send out to these morons.

Wed have a tremendous document completed.

We need help with distribution.

Need someone that knows how to set up a website we could put it on and run it.

Anybody that wants to see a copy - feel free to PM me with your email addy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/09/s...m&ex=1210478400&en=c65800f0ec50350f&ei=5087 \

I find it interesting that Araton wants to punish Belichick for conduct that took place before 2006 - even though in his own article he makes clear that the NFL revised its policy that year - inferring that Belichick was not breaking any rules before then.

Araton (who kindly provides his email [email protected]) wants Goodell to send a message.

A message of what? Suspending coaches for rules that didn't exist at the time?

I wish someone could send a message to the media that they should be consistent over these things. Jimmy Johnson admitted to the same thing as Belichick did - under the same pre-2006 rules.

I don't think I've heard one member of the media call for taking away the Cowboys Super Bowl Rings or putting an asterisk next to their season marks. And since they were all gung ho about finding teams that DID spy on practices and engage in filming, how come no outrage on their about how long this has been going on?

http://www.thesportgallery.com/sport-stories/1967aug-nflspy.html

For the fascists that populate the editorial trashbins at the New York Times, this approach makes perfect sense.

Ef 'em...

I'm surprised the Times isn't concerned about their journalistic integrity (not politics).

They used to be quite prideful.

Another function of bored idiotic press, keep focusing on Belichick and ignore an all star wide receiver from Philly who had a armor piercing gun, somehow that gun shot someone and somehow the owner wound up with it.. this is f..ing idiotic, these guys have to move on..

Another function of bored idiotic press, keep focusing on Belichick and ignore an all star wide receiver from Philly who had a armor piercing gun, somehow that gun shot someone and somehow the owner wound up with it.. this is f..ing idiotic, these guys have to move on..

The New York Jets and New York media will never forget the

press conference where Belichick was introduced as the next

head coach of the Jets and turned down the position. Each

Patriot victory makes them furious and seethe with envy.

The New York Jets and New York media will never forget the

press conference where Belichick was introduced as the next

head coach of the Jets and turned down the position. Each

Patriot victory makes them furious and seethe with envy.
Thank you for reminding me of that. Every time I play that over in my mind, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. :singing:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/09/s...m&ex=1210478400&en=c65800f0ec50350f&ei=5087 \

I find it interesting that Araton wants to punish Belichick for conduct that took place before 2006 - even though in his own article he makes clear that the NFL revised its policy that year - inferring that Belichick was not breaking any rules before then.

Araton (who kindly provides his email [email protected]) wants Goodell to send a message.

I wish someone could send a message to the media that they should be consistent over these things. Jimmy Johnson admitted to the same thing as Belichick did - under the same pre-2006 rules.

I don't think I've heard one member of the media call for taking away the Cowboys Super Bowl Rings or putting an asterisk next to their season marks. And since they were all gung ho about finding teams that DID spy on practices and engage in filming, how come no outrage on their about how long this has been going on?

By responding to the bait you prove to the NY Times that you read the horrible article and assure his future employment.

What a CorkSoaker Mike Fish is.

He says that Goodell keeps referring to us taping "defensinve signals".. like that is his proof we need more punishment.
Doesn't he realize that Goodell just refers to us taping defensive signals, because thats what he saw and we were accused of.... and tha we were punished for taping signals..PERIOD! The rule is against taping signals, not 3 different rules about taping each units type of signals!

We were punished for breaking that rule, and all that that rule encompasses.

He later goes on to clarify this with Goodells own statement of it encompassing them all. He freaking contridicts his ownarguent later on in his own article!!!!!

He also tries to further indict us base on the fact that these tapes not only exist, which we already knew, but that they are much more sophisticated than he thought. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?! Of course they are sophisticated. What about audio/video in this days world is not sophisticated? My damn cell phone can take a picture in black and white, negative, tin etching or color. then I can edit it on the phone... put your face on the mona lisa.. add text and then either email it to myself or my friends homes and phones, post it immediately to Myspace, or text message it to the Gillette stadium operator during the game for display on the jumbotron! Forget what it can do with video. Come to think about it, maybe thats what Jim Mora was doing when he got in trouble a few years back for being on his cell phone on the sideline during a game :p

These people are supposed to be journalists, who are educated in the english language and how sentences are structured.
But, when breaking down Goodells words, they seem to be on the level of 9 year olds arguing over who would win in a fight.. superman or the hulk.

Two points about Fish's mention of the "advanced sophistication" of the tapes:

1. He's comparing the raw footage to the finished product and declaring the finished product to be "sophisticated." Isn't that more common sense than a revelation? You could say the same thing about the tape of the first take of a commercial or movie scene compared to what actually gets aired.

2. He's writing about tapes that are 6 to 8 years old and comparing them against each other. I could see if he was comparing tapes from 2001 with tapes from, say, 2005. Or how about comparing comparing the sophistication level of these tapes to the other, legally produced game footage that teams use.

Sent this to our boy Harv,
DW Toys

Harv,
Are you an actual writer or just some N.Y. fan the Times let write a piece because you are a relative of the editor or something? Are you a qualified journalist or did you cheat? Just some basic questions because your facts are not correct and "tainted" just like the Boston Herald writer who is going to lose his job. Hey I got it! You could get him a job through your uncle and he could write with you! You are a "Pats Racist" (meaning: Racism typically starts with, though is rarely confined to the assumption that there are taxonomic differences between different groups of people. Prejudices on other grounds would strictly categorize as discrimination to national or regional origin, religion, occupation, social status or some other distinction).

Please remember this if you are indeed writing fact, not fiction. The Pats got caught with a "rule infraction", not cheating. It is not illegal under the current rules, to tape opposing teams (even sidelines if your lens aimer slips) to gain incite into their tenancies or in fact, or if there are teams that are dumb enough to use the same signals year in and out, as long as the boundaries are specific. The rules specifically state that as long as taping occurs within a area that is enclosed with a roof and three sides, taping games is legal (I am paraphrasing).

Legally, the Pats could have taped the games if the videographer were enclosed in a large cardboard box right on the field, like a discarded refrigerator packing box. Are you and all the media aware of that?

The Jets got caught at the Razor in 2006. They were never punished. The Dolphins received illegal audio tapes of the Pats audibles and lines calls....nada. The Colts got caught raising the volume of their speaker systems when opponents have the ball and setting the heat higher. The Colts also have Harrison and the Ravens have Ray Lewis who were involved with felonies and murders. Why are the Pats the brunt of the film issues where it is many teams (previous coaches or management) admitted to or if not, certainly used similar methods to gain an advantage in opposing signals, and yet you and the media refuse to bring that fact into the light? Its o.k. to be involved in killing and maiming?

The Pats were the example set. O.K., they got caught, but to let everyone else off the hook is a failure of a media person unless they have an agenda. I can live with the Goodell term "rules infraction" penalty, but "cheater" is not correct in this matter. If that's the case, when are the other 31 going to take their medicine. A "cheater" is like the Broncos when they won the Super Bowl while going over set salary CAP rules to keep stars and purchase the best players. Now that is "cheating". Where are you on putting and asterisk on Elways' success and trophys? The Niners did the same. The Packers were "roiding-up" when they won a trophy. Where is your passion there Harv? Oh, it wasn't a lock down offense back then. I get it...you are a "Pats Racist"

With todays satellite you can see what the signals are from miles on high. How about a cell phone video? Why not the first row in the stands, etc.? Kind of have to ask your self if it's time for agonizing reappraisal of this sin against man-kind Harv.

Harv, I am willing to bet you J-Walk in NYC, You sir,... are a "Cheater" in that case. You have challenged the sanctity of all "good street corners" everywhere!!!! It is illegal Harv, com on now! How about them taxes Harv? Are you a "cheater"? Yet you sit on your "hollier-than-thou" thrown and pile on the Pats who paid way too much for their sin, and say because they video taped a few yards from where they should or didn't use a cardboard box over their video guy, that three quarters of a million dollars and a draft choice were not enough? The rules in 2000 and 2001 were slightly different I am sure you will admit. The Pats got caught because of where they were taping. They were warned and didn't follow correct protocol. They get a "bad" on that one. The Jets were taping the Pats sidelines in the playoff game in 2006. Show me your article on that world wide injustice and how the sanctity of the game was changed in 2006.

When a guy like Willie McGinest have to defend what he and many great players have accomplished because of a rule infraction they were not aware of. The media keeps it going. Why?....."Pats Racists" or Jealous. There is not one team owner in the NFL who would not take Belichick over their present coach in a heart-beat. You know what, even the Belichick hater fans of those teams fans would be the first to love him as their coach. You will not deny that fact sir! Kind of scary huh?

Last edited:
To Harvey:

Harvey -

I'm sure you wrote that Belichick article to get some measure of 15 Min of fame and hit counts and linked to message boards and........

However, the real foundation of that article could not be more clear, Hate. Who's your team? Giants? Jets? Bills? or some other team that the Patriots of bulldozed thru over the past 8 years?

That's really the end game, hate - You perpetuate it by writing stupid articles like that, one that you probably already had penned (sources quoted) before Walsh ever turned in his tapes - Minus the ONE tape that you counted on So much, the one that you went to bed dreaming of, hoping was there, knowing was there. And now you are left writing a sensationalistic story that lacks the punch and just oozes Jealousy and hate.

Too bad for you. Your team will line up against the Patriots again someday and will most likely loose......again, your hate will fester a little more and then you can write another story that highlights your intelligence.

Just out of curiosity? Do you think that Belichick invented this process, this taping of signals? Do you think he was the pioneer? Do you think that all the other teams are just innocent corporate juggernaut's trying to wrestle with what the patriots did? Seriously, that's the underlying notion that makes all these articles that call for Belichicks' head so stupid.

I hope your team does well in 2008, unless they are playing Bill and the Boys and in that case, I hope you loose..........big.

Scott
Atlanta, GA

To Harvey:

Harvey -

I'm sure you wrote that Belichick article to get some measure of 15 Min of fame and hit counts and linked to message boards and........

However, the real foundation of that article could not be more clear, Hate. Who's your team? Giants? Jets? Bills? or some other team that the Patriots of bulldozed thru over the past 8 years?

That's really the end game, hate - You perpetuate it by writing stupid articles like that, one that you probably already had penned (sources quoted) before Walsh ever turned in his tapes - Minus the ONE tape that you counted on So much, the one that you went to bed dreaming of, hoping was there, knowing was there. And now you are left writing a sensationalistic story that lacks the punch and just oozes Jealousy and hate.

Too bad for you. Your team will line up against the Patriots again someday and will most likely loose......again, your hate will fester a little more and then you can write another story that highlights your intelligence.

Just out of curiosity? Do you think that Belichick invented this process, this taping of signals? Do you think he was the pioneer? Do you think that all the other teams are just innocent corporate juggernaut's trying to wrestle with what the patriots did? Seriously, that's the underlying notion that makes all these articles that call for Belichicks' head so stupid.

I hope your team does well in 2008, unless they are playing Bill and the Boys and in that case, I hope you loose..........big.

Scott
Atlanta, GA

Response back from Harvey:

my team, like most sportswriters, is the one that supports whatever angle i have or deadline i am on. at your job, or schoolwork, do you make decisions based on what you hope for or what you are required to do? apply the same logic to what we do. ( but i will tell you that after growing up a yankees fan, i kind of prefer the red sox now. nicer people, better owners.)

my team, like most sportswriters, is the one that supports whatever angle i have or deadline i am on. at your job, or schoolwork, do you make decisions based on what you hope for or what you are required to do? apply the same logic to what we do. ( but i will tell you that after growing up a yankees fan, i kind of prefer the red sox now. nicer people, better owners.)

The problem is HE writes for the NYTimes not the Darlington County Peach Press or the Goober Weekly....I understand showing your bias and opinion. But the could have at least made some sort of sense....

I sent him an email too. We'll see if he responds...

Just to add this reference to the fact that the Kraft family was Jewish, Is it a coincidence that Greg Easterbrook who is the biggest Pats hater on ESPN was once fired from ESPN for writing an Anti-Semitic article.

Anti semitism is alive and flourishing at ESPN and don't think for one second there is no truth to that claim.

Anti semitism is alive and flourishing at ESPN and don't think for one second there is no truth to that claim.
Do not forget what happened to Kraft when he wished to build in South Boston..funny how at the time they were complaining about how 10 games a year would destroy traffic in their neighborhood...(which is all fine if THAT WAS the real reason)..but when there were thoughts of a NEW ball park for the Sox, it magically was OK to have 80 plus games...so 10 games for Kraft was NO GOOD..but 80 for the Sox were...PRETTY blatant to me..And yes...I heard that Kraft had NOT really approached the neighborhoods correctly..which maybe gave him SOME opposition..but traffic is traffic..if you think 10 dates is too many and would cause a hassle..anything over that for teh Sox would to...unless..what the real reason is obvious...if it was O'Kraft...things would have been fine.

Last edited:
Keep in mind Greg Easterbrook was fired from ESPN once for writing an anti-semitic piece. Just a coincidence.

i dont' know if i agree with a one year suspension i am sure other teams have done the same think just haven't got caught!

I think you're the only one to get a response so far. So he basically admits to having an agenda against the Patriots & not taking the time to check his facts. Not sure where he was going with the Red Sox/Yankees comment though. Are we supposed to feel sympathetic for him now? lol

As a Pats fan, I urge all Pats haters , ESPN, and NYT to leave Patriots and BB alone for 1 year. We call it even after calling Goodell to give BB 1 year suspension.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results