PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New York media continues it's Brady injury joy

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth...Jet's fans pretty much despise the NY media more than you do. They are mostly lazy writers who care more for the headline than the story. Go ahead and beat on them like dogs but don't assume they represent the fan's view in any way.

Sorry if that takes some of the fun out of it. :)

Understood, and good post.

There are media and fans alike everywhere that are classless and cruel, just as there are those that hold higher standards. MHO is that no one should ever find joy over an injury to a player. Thinking like that would seem to be a clinical manifestation of a sick personality whether that be due to emotional immaturity or a more serious condition. One might expect this type of behavior more with individuals than with members of the press, but the sad fact is that the press, as a whole, has lost its morality long, long ago.

It's not worth spending a lot of energy trying to make sense of it just as it is worthy to rebut it and not tolerate it.

I enjoy it keep it coming, the patriots do much better when they have locker-room board material

I'd expect no less from Zoo York, but beware of karma Zoo Yorkers. You have a 39 year old gray beard behind center that is one hit away from the same fate.

this reminds me of when someone on this forum once called him a "39 year old, half-hearted interception machine." i loved it. :-D

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2008/09/si-cover-brett-the-jet.html

September 9, 2008
SI cover: Brett the Jet
"Here’s the early rundown on Brett Favre’s career with the Jets:

One game. One victory. One Sports Illustrated cover.

That didn’t take long, did it?

Favre is featured on this week’s cover, a celebration pose from Sunday’s win in Miami. It’s the 10th cover appearance by Favre, according to the folks at SI.

The Jets are 1-0, Tom Brady is finished for the year and Favre is a cover boy. These are giddy times for Jets fans."
If you notice closely a Hack wrote it so what do you expect?

this reminds me of when someone on this forum once called him a "39 year old, half-hearted interception machine." i loved it. :-D
If you haven't been following his career, thats what he has been an int machine especially in big games. Just wait and watch.

This is ridiculous and classless to wish injuries on others, irrespective of which team they play for.

Tell that to 50% of the so called fans of the NFL and the so called "sports journalists" on FESPN....

The NY Jets media is sickening aren't they.

BTW, isn't there an SI cover curse? Why would the Jets fans be giddy that Favre is on the cover?

because they're stupid?

I want to see the Post cover on Monday after the beatdown the J-E-T-S receive on Sunday:

'STILL not good enough!'

'J-E-T-S C-H-O-K-E!'

'Thanks for the Favret, Brett!'

The Jets are going to walk into this game overconfident and be very quickly reminded that the other 52 guys on the Pats roster get to suit up and play too.

Jets fans sentiments...I dunno but I take issue with 'bring me the head of the pig'. Maybe their media does tap into some of the fans:
http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177261

Come Sunday hopefully the NY media and the fans have a little of their fun squashed ;)

Last edited:
because they're stupid?

I want to see the Post cover on Monday after the beatdown the J-E-T-S receive on Sunday:

'STILL not good enough!'

'J-E-T-S C-H-O-K-E!'

'Thanks for the Favret, Brett!'

The Jets are going to walk into this game overconfident and be very quickly reminded that the other 52 guys on the Pats roster get to suit up and play too.

I unfortunately work in NYC and I am just going to wait for the monday morning ny times or daily news who will crucify farve when they loose on sunday.

Its going to be priceless....might have to get it framed....

Last edited:
Jets fans sentiments...I dunno but I take issue with 'bring me the head of the pig'. Maybe their media does tap into some of the fans:
http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177261

Come Sunday hopefully the NY media and the fans have a little of their fun squashed ;)

That is the work of the biggest d-bag on that forum, Green Jets and Ham. He's been predicting the slaughtering of the pig for five years now....and, the Jets will probably win this Sunday - not sure it will be a slaughter, but I digress. Anyway, even a blind squirrel find a nut every once in a while.

pollard300.jpg

Even worse when this is on Boston.com...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/pollard300.jpg

Last edited:
How come that doesnt surprise me....i swear....if this happend to Farve or Eli....i wonder what they would be saying now....

Eh, probably the same thing we're saying. Call for suspensions and lynchings of Pollard, claim the League office is against the Pats. Classic jumping to conclusions.

I know that this is a sensitive subject here, but if any of y'all are having trouble with Jest fans you may want to point out that the R-- S-- are yet again locked in a tight Pennant race this fall with a team that's NOT the New York Yankees, who are relegated to playing out the string for the first time in a long while.

Hey, every little bit of ammo helps.

I just hope the defense is ready to punch em in the mouth and make it hurt. We need energy. If we come out with energy and positive emotion then we will win.

Now that the Pollard hit is considered legal by the NFL, I hope that Rodney, Vrabel and Wilfolk are practicing their flop and hit in the knee tecniques. There is an ancient QB in a green uniform that would be a perfect target for a few of those hits.

Now that the Pollard hit is considered legal by the NFL, I hope that Rodney, Vrabel and Wilfolk are practicing their flop and hit in the knee tecniques. There is an ancient QB in a green uniform that would be a perfect target for a few of those hits.

your better then that

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference