PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New sport within his grasp

I think Porter is sticking around...BB's words give you the impression that he's committed to him. That doesn't mean he'll make the roster but it's a good sign for Porter that the coach is committed to him.

I think Porter is sticking around...BB's words give you the impression that he's committed to him. That doesn't mean he'll make the roster but it's a good sign for Porter that the coach is committed to him.

As long as his attitude is positive and he continues to improve.
But if in contact, in pads he looks lost...
Over and over, and in the last day of training camp he looks just as lost as the first day - then the experiment is over.

Again, I really hope it works.

I think his goal is to make the practice squad. He said himself it takes thousands of reps to really get it down right...don't think he's going to be on the 53.

I think his goal is to make the practice squad. He said himself it takes thousands of reps to really get it down right...don't think he's going to be on the 53.

I never figured him as vying for a shot at the final 53...not this year. Practice squad is the best he can hope for for this year, but fist he needs to make it to training camp.

in the last day of training camp he looks just as lost as the first day - then the experiment is over.

No question. That's just what it is, an experiment. But a lot of the guys at rookie minicamp don't even hit that threshold. Many are present simply to place a body at an unfilled position for drill purposes. Which reminds me...does anybody know the economics of the tryout process? Is there any per diem payment? What kind of insurance if injured at minicamp? Etc.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back