PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill the GM and His Special Teams Obsession....

So, these didn’t happen? Or didn’t matter?

He is obsessed with ST players because they are cheap and easy to find and he thinks they make a huge difference in game outcomes.
Even if their importance diminishes, they are still cheap to sign and easy to find.
Those two examples above show that good special teamers are not necessarily easy to find.

Nobody knows for sure how the new rules will affect the kicking game but it seems like there may be even less returns than the 1 in 4 there are now.

Maybe the new rules will help the Pats STs.

Stupid thread.

Saying placekicking, punting and kick coverage and returns are meaningless is ignorant.

Saying a football team should not invest in talent to maximize opportunity in that aspect of the game is also ignorant.
I think the question is more about the new rules and how they will affect STs.
I must have missed the poster who said that STs are meaningless.

Volin’s really reaching with this take of criticizing BB for drafting too many STers.

To not have drafted a place kicker and punter would have been criminal, and we got 2 great prospects for a 4th rounder and two 6th’s, when we had three picks in each of those rounds.

Then we picked up two CB’s in the 6th & 7th who are each 6’2 200 and run 4.3, projected initially as ST cover guys.

Not only is criticism unwarranted, they deserve a standing O for that haul at that price. What it also shows is the value of acquiring a bunch of day 3 picks.

I think the question is more about the new rules and how they will affect STs.
I must have missed the poster who said that STs are meaningless.
The position the OP takes is the investment needs to be scaled back and Bill always invests too many resources in the roles. I disagree.

That is the same as saying STs aren't important

The position the OP takes is the investment needs to be scaled back and Bill always invests too many resources in the roles. I disagree.

That is the same as saying STs aren't important

You might have said, "That is the same as saying STs aren't as important as BB thinks they are". I think that is what the OP is stating. I disagree with the OP and disagree that the OP is saying "ST aren't important". Note the thread title.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back