PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New FieldTurf Surface Installed at Gillette Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God.

Call me superstitious but I just saw "New fieldturf installed in Gillette Stadium" right above the thread "Brady on Cover of Madden 2018" and I almost crapped my browsin' sweatpants.

Oh God.

Call me superstitious but I just saw "New fieldturf installed in Gillette Stadium" right above the thread "Brady on Cover of Madden 2018" and I almost crapped my browsin' sweatpants.
Nah, no worries. The turf is green and rejuvenating, it's avocado.

Nah, no worries. The turf is green and rejuvenating, it's avocado.

Oh my gawd oh my gawd now it's the nightmare kitchens of the 70s...

Well the Revolution game went well last night .... the players liked the turf a lot ...
was really weird not seeing the Patriots paint on it, even though they take it off you can still see it a bit - was like a newly surfaced pool table.

The ball was a bit slow on it as the game went along probably due to the black pellets.
By games end there appeared to be more black than green ... they'll water it down with a big hose as usual to make it faster.
Normally they do that before the game and at halftime but it was raining last night so they skipped the halftime drench.

I know some folks here want to go back to the days of broke-ass Billy Sullivan owning the joint and miss the aluminum seat with puddles of Shaefer beer everywhere and parking in the mud, but I'm not one of them.

I remember those games like it was yesterday, puddles and all.

That... seems like a lot of rubber pellets.

C_vR2UcW0AAqlek.jpg

Regarding Lambeau Field vs Gillette Stadium, isn't that all due to heating coils that were installed beneath the field surface in Green Bay?

Tenderizing the Packers’ Tundra With Some Light and Heat

Oops, I may have just inadvertently derailed this thread into a 'Kraft is cheap' debate.

If Felger brings this topic anytime soon, is it proof that he peruses this website for his material?

Lets paint it blue one day like Boise St and confuse the **** out of the Jills or whoever is in town that week

They are still using black rubber pellets? I thought they had better stuff to use at this point.

Oh my gawd oh my gawd now it's the nightmare kitchens of the 70s...

Either that or "Harvest Gold" at that time they were considered some sort of status symbols...

Nice to see the Pats investing in state of the art stuff... many of us remember the days when this type of thing would not be done. because of cost...

Regarding Lambeau Field vs Gillette Stadium, isn't that all due to heating coils that were installed beneath the field surface in Green Bay?

Tenderizing the Packers’ Tundra With Some Light and Heat

Oops, I may have just inadvertently derailed this thread into a 'Kraft is cheap' debate.

If Felger brings this topic anytime soon, is it proof that he peruses this website for his material?
I believe Felger posts here.

Lets paint it blue one day like Boise St and confuse the **** out of the Jills or whoever is in town that week
Heh really though, we should paint the endzones blue like it is at the Super Bowl.

Im thinking that one day it will come out that the players will be getting ill from the rubber pellets. More then likely breathing problems from inhaling them

Either that or "Harvest Gold" at that time they were considered some sort of status symbols...

Nice to see the Pats investing in state of the art stuff... many of us remember the days when this type of thing would not be done. because of cost...

011c3abad287f1e21e5496a233a6908b.jpg

27e4176a567296d2f160e1172711b8fa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents