PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England at Denver AFCCG pre game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Harris telling us this information?
You're right to be skeptical, but this is an Elway-run team. They can't keep their mouths shut.

Does anyone think we can win a close game? I don't. They need to go out there and get a big lead. The defense has to play better then it did against the chiefs.

Does anyone think we can win a close game? I don't. They need to go out there and get a big lead. The defense has to play better then it did against the chiefs.

they should play a better game than against the chiefs I would think. Manning certainly wont hurt them with scrambling/running abilities.

I was pretty pessimistic before the divisional round going into denver, but seeing our offense clicking again we should beat them. They knocked of the rust against KC and hopefully have a better game against the Broncos

I just wanna see tommy get over the hump in denver. It's like a house of horrors. Have to come out and silence that crowd. That 2013 matchup was just awful.

Rationally, the Pats are a much better team and should win easily. Irrationally, I hate Mile High, I hate that Goodell and Kensil are going to figure heavily into this game, and I hate that the Broncos have been winning games that they had no business winning all year.

I have no idea what to expect. The refs sold out hard to gift the regular season game to the Broncos, can only imagine how blatant this one will be.

Same. After watching them today, I'm tempted to say we win this game with ease. The problem is every time I have this feeling the game ends up being a nail biting win or we lose. So, I guess I will go on record predicting a close win despite a greater than zero number of ******** penalties called against us at the most inopportune moments. Call it a quiet confidence in TB and that BB will find ways on defense to exploit Manning's physical limitations.

That said I'd really love to steamroll them and then sign up for Twitter so I can troll Bart Scott.

fcde1b68e39089464855738df774e1d3.jpg

Worried about our injuries and the refs. We overcome the refs...no turnovers..we are going back.

No turnovers...that's a big 10/4

I just wanna see tommy get over the hump
denver. It's like a house of horrors. Have to come out and silence that crowd. That 2013 matchup was just awful.

If this was 2013 I'd say the same thing as I did then: Everyone get out their rabbit's foot, chunk of the blarney stone, rub their Buddha statue, wear their old lucky Steve Grogan jersey, or whip up whatever wing of bat and eye of newt voodoo concoction they had. That's probably the only way the Patriots could win. In 2013, while some may not like hearing it, the best team won. Denver was the Elite team of the AFC while the Patriots were one of the best teams -- of course BB and TB capable of pulling out any game -- but an inferior team compared to Denver. They were almost staggering into Mile High with very notable deficiencies in too many areas.

This is not 2013 and it really isn't all that close. Manning is definitely not Manning of 2013, Denver is not Denver of 2013, and the Patriots are better almost across the board than 2013.
Consider, up until the last 6 minutes of the Den V Pitt game, the Denver scoring output against Pitt was less than the McCarron led Bengals (that is not a misprint).
While on the Patriot's end there was KC who had won 11 games in a row including putting the screws to Pitt and Denver in that span. Across that span only 2 teams scored more than 20 with the highest output being 23. Factually stated: KC had demonstrated a top tier solid defensive capability over a very very large sample. Yet with Jules and others healthy we all saw what the Patriots are capable of on offense against a solid D -- scoring more points on KC than any team had in 3 months. Plus remember there was some conspicuous rust showing for some on the Patriots (even Brady for a brief starting time of rust). I think it was to be expected for our 'first half of the season high functioning offense' that hadn't played/practiced together in a long time, for them to be more efficient and execute better with the KC game experience in hand.

Denver is not a push over. With all facets of their game combined they are capable of winning any game. But the Patriots facets put together are, unlike 2013, superior to Denver's. If the Patriots don't beat themselves -- they had a span in the second half of the KC game that was a bit shaky -- then they are primed to win. Our D has shown repeatedly they can dampen another team's scoring, and the offense now is back to being able to score on anyone with near 30 or above. Despite being a good team Denver simply cannot make that claim about its team. Of course all this doesn't mean the Patriots will certainly win but they are certainly primed given our opponent.

Bottom line: Everyone should feel pretty good about our chances considering the Patriots moving forward from the KC game will probably be playing their best football in more than 2 months. Yet if we lose?? Thanks largely to key injuries it just wasn't meant to be. On to 2016....

I really hope they use James White more often against Denver. He was pretty much a non-factor against Denver last time and hadn't really come on yet.

He took off for 30 yards on [I think] his very 1st target vs Chiefs.

Guys come on, the Indianapolis Colts, whom we flatlined in the AFCCG, went into Denver during last year's playoffs and beat a better Broncos team than the one that's out there now.

If the paper soft Colts could do it, a moderately healthy, Brady/Belichick led team should be able to as well.

Have some faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back