PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England at Denver AFCCG pre game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from the reactions in this thread, this forum will be unbearable for a week. How can you be that scared of the team you saw play today? If Pittsburgh was halfway competent they would have won by two scores.

I'll always ask people who are shocked that people are scared ****less of another team. Are you new here?!? People would be scared if we were playing Alabama next week ****s so annoying.

Anyway if Pitt can put 13 on them with a QB with a hurt shoulder, # 1 WR out, no RB than I'll assume we will double that score atleast. Now they have Chris Harris role reduced which is a huge blow. If they put Talib on Edelman than who Martin/Amendola/Lafell should feast on the left overs. Last time there running game was a joke till both all pro LBs went out. If we stack the box and make manning throw we are good. That offense isn't scoring over 20.

Are the Fans who are saying weird things happen in Denver the same who
were calling our O line ****e and how are we going to lose just a few days ago?

This time last year the same fans had Andrew ****ing Luck in the Super Bowl

Well, in a sense, he's right that Manning's strength has also been the ability to read pre-snap alignments, switch protections, and call audibles. That's nothing new. We can make fun of Manning's arm strength all we want, and rightfully so--but Manning still possesses the ability to compete at a high level due to the cerebral part of the QB job, and that shouldn't be taken lightly. I guarantee you that no one in our locker room takes it lightly, even if they'll admit behind closed doors that he can't make some of the throws that he used to hit without issue.

The running game is huge for them, as is the reliance on WRs such as Thomas and Sanders, in terms of geting them the ball in space and allowing them to rack up YACs. Today we saw Manning attempt to spread the ball around more to different receivers. I think if we can limit the running game and apply some pressure to knock Manning off his spot, we should be alright. I'd consider using the same coverage matchups from the previous game after Thanksgiving where Butler covered Sanders and Ryan/McCourty had Thomas. That seemed to be fairly effective, although it's hard, if not impossible, to imagine Ryan limiting Thomas to a 1/11 showing again.

That just frees up Amendola or Martin/White.

Harris being gimpy is a big concern for them.

If the Pats go 5 wide, Roby, Talib, Ward, Bolden and a LB won't be able to control Gronk, Edleman, Anendola, White and LaFell/Martin.

Only concern is can the line handle Ware, Miller, etc to give Brady enough time to find the open reciever.

Ya the emergence of Martin is huge
If we go 5 wide how they probably put Talib on Lafell, Roby on Edelman, and Harris on Amendola Martin would beat there 4th CB all day not to mention what Edelman would do to Roby. And this is with Gronk having to get double teamed there pass rush won't stand a chance when Brady is getting it out in milliseconds to open WRs

This is an important week guys so please don't forget to do your job too. No cursing and do one good deed this week. I also had to sit cross legged during the game until both my legs were numb so do your job guys. Thank you.

How about if I do one good deed every day to offset some of my sailor mouthed cursing?

As far as you sitting cross legged until your legs went numb--thank you, I think....

Ya the emergence of Martin is huge
If we go 5 wide how they probably put Talib on Lafell, Roby on Edelman, and Harris on Amendola Martin would beat there 4th CB all day not to mention what Edelman would do to Roby. And this is with Gronk having to get double teamed there pass rush won't stand a chance when Brady is getting it out in milliseconds to open WRs

They attempted to take advantage of the mismatches against DEN's LBs last time, so one can argue that a guy like James White may be used much more this week.

So what's the difference between the two?

There's no difference whatsoever, as they both apply as long as the correct +/- was placed next to the correct team, that's all.

If you bet NE, you're taking NE -3.

If you bet DEN, you're taking DEN +3.

If you're simply commenting to someone about the spread, you could use either one.

Last edited:
Your right about that but Anderson really would excel. At this point I see him as more of a threat.

I agree that the running game may be seen as a bigger threat than their passing attack at this point, although you have to take the windy conditions from yesterday into account on some of Manning's failed throws just the same.

I'd have to guess nickle defense, with Chung playing closer to the line to act as a hybrid LB/S and help in the running game. How much we see Coleman as the CB3 vs. how much we see Harmon as a S3 is up for debate, as I'd have to imagine that they'll both see plenty of looks.

Long-term forecast says High of 46 and Low of 27. Winds SSE @ 6 mph. Sunny.

Bring on the snow...and another polar vortex.
I wish we were in the air today and if, by chance, the Steelers won, we could just fly back.

Completely different game than 2013 post season Brady has supreme confidence in Edelman and Dola these days.

It has been said that we have never lost a post season game with a healthy Gronk except for his first one against the Jets in 2010 post season. And Gronk looked absolutely fine on the weekend

As long as Brady trusts his team which I think he does we will win this game and it shouldn't be close- our offense is as good/better than their D. Our D is much better than their offense. If we can stop the run early than the ball will be put in Peyton's hands and I'm not trusting him to get it done

Denvers approach is to wear the defense out and beat you in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Denvers approach is to wear the defense out and beat you in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

It seems more like Denver's approach this year is an uncanny ability to get the game handed on a silver platter thanks to sometimes earned sometimes completely lucky turnovers.

Don't turnover the ball and the Broncos are dead in the water.

It is funny that they keep bringing up the tied Brady v Manning playoff record. It is rather misleading.

Manning has failed a few times even getting his team to a showdown with Brady. And Manning is a Reche Caldwell drop away from still looking for his first SB title.

I agree that the running game may be seen as a bigger threat than their passing attack at this point, although you have to take the windy conditions from yesterday into account on some of Manning's failed throws just the same.

I'd have to guess nickle defense, with Chung playing closer to the line to act as a hybrid LB/S and help in the running game. How much we see Coleman as the CB3 vs. how much we see Harmon as a S3 is up for debate, as I'd have to imagine that they'll both see plenty of looks.

I have to think that we'll be playing plenty of cover 1 because Manning just can't make plays of 20+ yards as he used to, and as you say (contrary to popular opinion) focus on shutting down the run game and force the game onto Manning's shoulders; put the pressure on him. Butler will have to have another big game slowing down Sanders.

One thing I noticed was Ben hitting those low crossers with ease, so I expect we'll be running a handful of those. I really do not want to see us run screeners because the Broncos sniff those out so well as we saw in the game. Maybe one or two throwaways to keep them close to the line, but not on key downs.

Probably the biggest takeaway I have from the game yesterday was how much lackluster performance there was from the Broncos offense, especially in the beginning- I have to think that they just aren't confident with how far Manning can take them, and it shows. That is the single, most important thing I noticed.

The run, the run, the run. IMO, we need to do a better job of stuffing the run. Really, that's one of the few things that concerns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back