PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England and Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
bump

I agree that the players who play will play like the professionals they are. They will try to win.

The question is not whether players will play to win.

The question is how cautious Belichick will be in resting folks that could use the rest.

Will Branch or Welker be active?

Will Chung or Spikes be active?

I'd say all will be active (if Chung and Spikes can go). I think the Pats will play to get up early, hope the Bills lay down (which they probably won't, but who knows if the score gets really out of whack) and then take people out in the 2nd half if possible.

If Chung and Spikes can go, wouldn't it be better to get them back into game shape now instead of during a playoff game?

I'm sure BB won't be considering it, but the Pats play the early game. If they win, then Baltimore, which plays a later game, will have nothing to play for and may even be deflated. This helps Cincinnati against the Ravens.

Just one more event which could help keep the loathsome Rats out of the playoffs.

Baltimore has a lot to play for regardless of the Pats outcome.

Either the Steelers or Ravens one of them will have to win 3 road games to get to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, he rested Welker, and look how well that turned out.

Plus last year's situation wasn't the same. We already had the #1 seed locked up before week 17. This week there is something big at stake so I could see BB approaching this one different from last year.

Yeah, he rested Welker, and look how well that turned out.

To be fair, that was Wes's fault, even though I thought the foot conference was original, well thought out and brilliant.

Hmmm..I would not be surprised if Cinci won this weekend..It would be fitting for the Ravens to lose when they need a win for the division. Honestly, I think they are overrated period.

I never like the idea of resting up and throwing a game. I think it gives a team bad karma going forward (see Colts in Peyton's heyday). We should strive to win to make a strong push for the playoffs and to get the number 1 seed.

Yup..that is my thoughts exactly. I rather go into the playoffs on a high note rather than lay down for a team. This team has to end the season on a 11 game winning streak if they win the SB.

How much does either team want to win this week? isn't a week to rest all the injured?

Patriots have to win to get HFA

If Houston loses, TENN will be in the playoffs. Houston will likely beat them (or Cinci) the next week in Houston. HOU will then go on to play the #2 seed.

Just how hard should we try to play PITT and BALT at home instead of HOU at home and BALT away?

You can't lose on purpose to predict the matchups, that is silly.
Yes, I would rather play both of those teams at home than someone else at home and one of them on the road.
I don't see why people think they are fearsome teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft