PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: 2022 Patriots Season Prediction: How They Get to 13 Wins

They are discussing this article on WEEI.
Lol, I got a message from my brother-in-law - who I haven’t heard from in years - about this because he apparently heard it as well. Judging by Merloni’s earlier tweet this morning, I’m sure they weren’t praising it.

I just listened to it. They misinterpreted part of it and then crushed the rest of it, so it was about what I expected. :rolleyes:

Whatever, man. Moving on.

2022 Patriots Season Prediction: How They Get to 13 Wins
Ian Logue
I posted this initially on our discussion forum back in June and after seeing how the preseason has gone, I still feel like this team could potentially be poised for a solid year. Here's a week-by-week look at how I could see this season playing out.

The post 2022 Patriots Season Prediction: How They Get to 13 Wins appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Pray?

definitely miami is pivotal - as in, looking back it'll either be "we knew we might be in trouble if..." vs. "It was far from a bellweather, but a positive sign when..."

Sign me up, fvcck being emperor palpatine BB is the motherlovin Quisinart Haberdasher and he is going to make you his Bene Gesserit B***.

I just listened to it. They misinterpreted part of it and then crushed the rest of it, so it was about what I expected. :rolleyes:

Whatever, man. Moving on.
Goonloni is a pathologically crippled, splinter gathering Patriots hater.Plus he's so annoying with all those snorts and snarfs in between words when he's speaking on air.How many listeners has he lost to Felcher and the Midget Liar?

Goonloni is a pathologically crippled, splinter gathering Patriots hater.Plus he's so annoying with all those snorts and snarfs in between words when he's speaking on air.How many listeners has he lost to Felcher and the Midget Liar?
How does he keep his job?

How does he keep his job?
faux controversy sells in this day and age, Sammy...consider that there is a veritable maelstrom of continuous outrage over a moral grenade like Orchids Of Asia...or the idiotic faux pas committed by a young kid suddenly wealthy beyond all reality involving back rubs and prickle tickles..this Deshaun Watson imbroglio has been going on how long now" The corporate Al Capone of the NFL has dragged this right into the season..and luxuriates in the media spotlight once again ..like the reprehensible corporate criminal GOON he is. The ginger sub-moron found out when Spygate occurred what a fantastic P.R. issue can do to spike interest and ratings...and he's been milking this cow ever since. THIS is what "Opposition Lou" does on a much smaller scale...but it's the same idiocy.

Marginal improvement vs the rest of the division & conference...

Tougher schedule than last year, which had Lady Luck spreading her legs nice & wide with bad weather & opponents' injuries...

The smallest & least experienced (in their current roles) coaching staff in the league...

To me this all adds-up to: 7-10.

Marginal improvement vs the rest of the division & conference...

Tougher schedule than last year, which had Lady Luck spreading her legs nice & wide with bad weather & opponents' injuries...

The smallest & least experienced (in their current roles) coaching staff in the league...

To me this all adds-up to: 7-10.
Again, here's essentially how it breaks down - or at least where my head was at.

- I had them stealing the opener because while the Dolphins have a solid group of receivers, they still have Tua and I feel like the Patriots could potentially win that one since I give the edge to Mac over his former teammate. I also have them beating Miami in December at Gillette, so that's essentially two wins. (2 wins)

- I have them sweeping the Jets (2 wins)

- I have them splitting with Buffalo (1 win, 1 loss)

So that's 5 wins.

From there, this is what I was thinking:

Can they beat Pittsburgh at their place? I don't like the match-up with Flores in the mix, but I give Mac the edge over Trubisky. If Roethlisberger was there, maybe I'd feel differently. (1 win)

Can they beat the Ravens at home? Sure, I don't think Baltimore is invincible, although my mindset might have been different if this was in Baltimore. If they get pressure on Jackson and he turns it over, and he tends to, I like their chances. (1 win)

Can they beat the Packers at Lambeau? I don't know about that ... (1 loss)

Can they beat Detroit? - They should (1 win)

Can they beat Cleveland? - They should (1 win)

Can they beat the Bears? - They should (1 win)

Can they beat Indianapolis? - They lost against Wentz, I don't think they do against Ryan (1 win)

Can they beat the Vikings? - They should, but like I said, they tend to lose weird ones against someone like Cousins for some reason (1 loss)

Can they beat Arizona? - They should, especially since the Cardinals are usually a mess by December. (1 win)

Can they beat the Raiders? - They lose against old coaches and McDaniels seems like he's got that team heading in the right direction (1 loss)

Can they beat the Bengals? - If they're playing well by then and with this game being at home, who is to say they don't win a good back-and-forth battle? (1 win).

So that's how it broke down. None of the above games are unwinnable and looking at it objectively, it's not crazy. Truthfully, I went through each game week-by-week and then looked at the record at the end. But none of the above teams are unbeatable, so I don't really get the outrage.

Again, look at the match-ups. Detroit? Cleveland? Indianapolis? Arizona? Chicago?

Why is the idea of them ending up with 10+ wins so crazy...? Honestly, I got annihilated on the radio yesterday for suggesting they might win the opener, sweep the Jets, beat the Lions, Browns, Colts, Cardinals, and Bears and split against Buffalo. Is that really that bizarre of a notion? I guess the questionable ones would be whether or not they can beat Pittsburgh and Baltimore and pull off an upset against Cincinnati...but still...?

I'll have to SEE it to believe it in the opener, Ian. I have the sense that this game could be a blowout. I've seen too many games both in person and on the tube over the years to think any game in Miami is a lock to win. Tua just needs to be average to get Miami a lead and if/when they do I've seen nothing the past months to suggest the Pats can come from behind at this point. I expect BB to run run run and control the number of possessions.If Miami starts off bombing our secondary with their uncoverable WR's I expect it'll be a long day.

Beyond that, it's anyone's guess how the season unfolds.Until I SEE the Pats beat Buffalo this season I cannot ascribe to a split. The last game of last season showed the massive gulf between the two teams.

I'll have to SEE it to believe it in the opener, Ian. I have the sense that this game could be a blowout. I've seen too many games both in person and on the tube over the years to think any game in Miami is a lock to win. Tua just needs to be average to get Miami a lead and if/when they do I've seen nothing the past months to suggest the Pats can come from behind at this point. I expect BB to run run run and control the number of possessions.If Miami starts off bombing our secondary with their uncoverable WR's I expect it'll be a long day.

Beyond that, it's anyone's guess how the season unfolds.Until I SEE the Pats beat Buffalo this season I cannot ascribe to a split. The last game of last season showed the massive gulf between the two teams.
I get that, but still. Detroit? Cleveland? Indianapolis? Arizona? Chicago? The Jets? That's seven right there...I feel like they can win a few beyond that and still get into double digits.

I hear you on seeing how they play, but I have a tough time believing we can't beat the Lions, Browns or Chicago...it's just bizarre that this is where we are right now.

I get that, but still. Detroit? Cleveland? Indianapolis? Arizona? Chicago? The Jets? That's seven right there...I feel like they can win a few beyond that and still get into double digits.

I hear you on seeing how they play, but I have a tough time believing we can't beat the Lions, Browns or Chicago...it's just bizarre that this is where we are right now.
I don’t think there’s many guarantees like there used to be. Jets I would definitely give you. I think they had a hard time sweeping Miami with Brady, I don’t see how it’s a given now. Tua has been the worse qb in all 3 matchups and has won all 3.

I don't think the talent is there for this to be a 13 win team, but I like the optimism. I'm at anywhere from 7-10 to 10-7, with an outside shot at 11-6 if everything lines up.

I don’t think there’s many guarantees like there used to be. Jets I would definitely give you. I think they had a hard time sweeping Miami with Brady, I don’t see how it’s a given now. Tua has been the worse qb in all 3 matchups and has won all 3.
I hear you, but the Lions, Indy, Arizona, Cleveland, Chicago, and the Jets I feel like are teams they should beat - which is 7. Then look at the rest and I feel like aside from Buffalo (and Green Bay at Lambeau) they’re not impossible. They should also beat Pittsburgh with Trubisky.

Still, stealing the opener is obviously the big thing but I don’t feel like the games I mentioned are unwinnable. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m sort of having a tough time believing what we saw in preseason is going to last all year with a receiving corps that has more talent- and experience - compared to last year and a tight end duo that should be better also.

I hear you, but the Lions, Indy, Arizona, Cleveland, Chicago, and the Jets I feel like are teams they should beat - which is 7. Then look at the rest and I feel like aside from Buffalo (and Green Bay at Lambeau) they’re not impossible. They should also beat Pittsburgh with Trubisky.

Still, stealing the opener is obviously the big thing but I don’t feel like the games I mentioned are unwinnable. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m sort of having a tough time believing what we saw in preseason is going to last all year with a receiving corps that has more talent- and experience - compared to last year and a tight end duo that should be better also.
I don’t think any game is impossible, just think they’re a lot closer to most teams than they used to be obviously. Arizona they could easily lose, same with Pitt, same with Miami, same with Indy, etc. but they could win them as well. I just don’t see many games as a given anymore. Minus the jets and probably cleveland

Reactions: Ian
I don’t think any game is impossible, just think they’re a lot closer to most teams than they used to be obviously. Arizona they could easily lose, same with Pitt, same with Miami, same with Indy, etc. but they could win them as well. I just don’t see many games as a given anymore. Minus the jets and probably cleveland
I’m not saying any games are a given, but they are ones they should have a good shot at winning. As for the rest, I expect them to be competitive in most of the games since they’re not really facing any teams that they can’t hang with. Obviously, we won’t know until things start, but I can’t see them not figuring things out and being a team capable of winning a few tough matchups along the way.

I’m not saying any games are a given, but they are ones they should have a good shot at winning. As for the rest, I expect them to be competitive in most of the games since they’re not really facing any teams that they can’t hang with. Obviously, we won’t know until things start, but I can’t see them not figuring things out and being a team capable of winning a few tough matchups along the way.
That’s fair, I just think there’s games in there that you expect to win and they’ll end up probably losing a few of those too. My prediction was 10-7 for the record

I don't think even the Brownies game is a given...

Reactions: Ian

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back