PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: 2022 Patriots Season Prediction: How They Get to 13 Wins

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
2022 Patriots Season Prediction: How They Get to 13 Wins
Ian Logue
I posted this initially on our discussion forum back in June and after seeing how the preseason has gone, I still feel like this team could potentially be poised for a solid year. Here's a week-by-week look at how I could see this season playing out.

The post 2022 Patriots Season Prediction: How They Get to 13 Wins appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

84226011.jpg

@Ian lol I am just goofing on you. Love the enthusiasm.

Beware of Patsfan2 as he will call you a homer like he does everyone else

@Ian lol I am just goofing on you. Love the enthusiasm.

Beware of Patsfan2 as he will call you a homer like he does everyone else
The Miami game is obviously pivotal. This team is too good to be a sub .500 team and I do think they'll get over the 10-win mark. Getting to 13 would definitely depend on a few things going their way as well. But if they don't beat Miami, I think that changes the tone and would clearly alter things. The fact they're heading to Miami on Wednesday I think is a positive, which tells you Belichick knows this one is critical as well.

The Miami game is obviously pivotal. This team is too good to be a sub .500 team and I do think they'll get over the 10-win mark. Getting to 13 would definitely depend on a few things going their way as well. But if they don't beat Miami, I think that changes the tone and would clearly alter things. The fact they're heading to Miami on Wednesday I think is a positive, which tells you Belichick knows this one is critical as well.
Yeah. This is a tough team to predict . I think the Bills have their number and sweeping Miami will be really tough.

That would mean 11 and 6. In the new NFL a 11 win season just isnt what it used to be . Not a given of a playoff spot anymore

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ian
10 rookies are going to help propel this team to 13 wins?

10 rookies are going to help propel this team to 13 wins?
Again, it's easy to look at it big picture and think they won't be that good. When you go through each game week-by-week, the outlook ends up being a little different.

Technically the offense should be great. Lest year you had 2 big FAs do nothing and Mac was held back. They were still 6th in the nfl. BB Has had a top ten D the last two years.

Reasons for optimism? Sure.

Technically the offense should be great. Lest year you had 2 big FAs do nothing and Mac was held back. They were still 6th in the nfl. BB Has had a top ten D the last two years.

You look at the Jacksonville game with Wilkerson and that's why I feel like with Parker, and eventually, Thornton, Harry's absence is essentially a massive upgrade by subtraction. When you've got a group who can all get open and catch the football, I feel like it's something that's probably flying under the radar given how much better they played as a group with him out of the line-up.

You look at the Jacksonville game with Wilkerson and that's why I feel like with Parker, and eventually, Thornton, Harry's absence is essentially a massive upgrade by subtraction. When you've got a group who can all get open and catch the football, I feel like it's something that's probably flying under the radar given how much better they played as a group with him out of the line-up.
This is definitely one of the deepest group of pass catchers they have ever had.

They also lost a lot of experience on the offensive side of the ball. I think the numbers were skewed last year due to huge point totals against 2 awful teams. A majority of the games the offense was pretty average

They also lost a lot of experience on the offensive side of the ball. I think the numbers were skewed last year due to huge point totals against 2 awful teams. A majority of the games the offense was pretty average
Yeah but they play awful teams every year. In fact all teams play awful terms and there will always be awful teams. We should know we rooted for one for many years

Again, it's easy to look at it big picture and think they won't be that good. When you go through each game week-by-week, the outlook ends up being a little different.
A tad bit light on analysis to conclude anything beyond the writer loves his Pats

Ian, your glass is 13/17ths full

1662134561417.png
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Yeah but they play awful teams every year. In fact all teams play awful terms and there will always be awful teams. We should know we rooted for one for many years
I agree, just saying the offensive PPG could be skewed a touch, depends if you look at that vs the majority of games. Just playing devils advocate

I am on optimist. I think the Pats additions this year are positive and will help the team. They also had several additions by subtraction. is it game day yet....

I'm horrible at these, but I think the defense is going to gel and the offense will do enough to be competitive in most games. But that could mean 13-4 or 7-10.

I'm a homer, so I'll say that I hope we go 17-0!

Bless you Ian for your enthusiasm and this site, but "This one is a little odd, and I’m not quite sure how it will go." could've been the start of each game write up.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
I agree, just saying the offensive PPG could be skewed a touch, depends if you look at that vs the majority of games. Just playing devils advocate
It would only be skewed in a vacuum. However PPG is measured against all the other teams who also (get ready for this) play crappy teams.

So while YES you are correct, the pats scored more points against crappy teams and less against better teams, it does not matter because all the other teams did the same thing.

So what we need to do is look at SOG or even better yet compare how the other teams ahead of them did (looking at who they played and how easy it was for them to score points) etc etc in order to form an opinion on this.

Otherwise its just being pessimistic for no reason because you arent thinking the whole thing though. It would be easy (but take some time) to see how the 7-12th ranked offenses did against better/worse teams.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back