PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEM, your Hobbs' wager, are you for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*ROFLMAO* You claim I am biased, but you are the one being proven WRONG in the poll. 14 of 20 say that Hobbs is a starting quality CB.

And no, RIGHT NOW, the Pats have Hobbs and Gay as their starters. Samuel is a UFA, though he could be tagged.

You claim I am biased. That is hilarious. Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black.

Whether Asante stays or goes, it won't matter. Hobbs WILL be the starter on that side come the 1st game of the season.

It IS equal.

Right now we have, allegedly, Asante and Ellis as starting corners.

I am saying that if Asante stays, that Hobbs wont be the starter on the other side.

He says he will.

What is not equal about that?

You are biased in your opinion.

It couldnt be any more equal.

And we throw out any, and all injuries to either one, and if Asante signs with another team.

It is EXACTLY equal, both way.

Polls like that are useless. Its very easy for those on one side to get others to cast votes by use of PM, etc. I couldnt waste my time. And, it's quite irrelevant what other people think. Its between me and Sooner. He and I have differing opinions, plain and simple. I proposed a fair wager, he refused to accept it. End of story.

It is irrelevant what I think of Hobbs. I dont believe he will be the starting corner opposite Asante Samuel next season. He believes he will be. One of us is wrong, one is right. Nothing more, nothing less.

You are officially a JOKE. You claim that the poll is irrelevent, yet you are the arse insinuating that more people on here agree with your opinion that Hobbs won't be starting. You have no proof to back up your claim, yet you want everyone to accept it as gospel. ITS BS and you are officially called out on it.

NEM said:
Who is the "we? I assume you aren't including all those that think that I am correct, right? :D Which, is probably the "silent"majority. :D

OH, btw, NEM, if Samuel signs with another team and Hobbs is starting opposite someone else, then, you'd still be correct because Hobbs wouldn't be starting opposite Samuel.

Here's the terms NEM, as laid out by you............

"Asante Samuel at one corner, Hobbs at the other corner, to open the 2007 season.

Injuries to either, or Asante signing with another team, make the bet null, and void.

Its very simple, If Asante Samuel is a starting corner for the Pats, then Hobbs either is, or isnt, the other starting corner, with the exceptions, as shown above, as making the bet null and void.

If the Pats are to receive on the opening kickoff, and Hobbs is back as the return man, that does NOT constitute starting as a corner, as starting as the nickel back does not constitute starting as a corner."
"the loser of the bet will not post on this forum, or any other Pats forum, for the entire season, not including post season games....... And we can have it verified by IP check ...."

Well, there is only one tiny little loophole in that scenario, Patriots-80.

Lets say the opposing team is the Colts and they open with 3 WR with Wayne in the SLOT, which does happen. If Hobbs lines up opposite Wayne, the NEM could very well claim that he won and claim that Hobbs was lined up at the Nickle position because he was lined up in the slot opposite the Colts #2 receiver.

I honestly believe that NEM would, most definitely, say that.

I have a lot to lose. I can't post for the regular season. Just as equal as you. The only problem is that you will only bet with somebody you know won't accept your challenge on your terms. Prove me wrong by accepting the challenge on YOUR freakin' terms.

come on NEM. By getting rid of me, you can rub it in everyone's face you're right. There's a lot at stake.

"I dont want to get rid of anyone...What would that prove?" Then your bet wasn't for real.

Prove my following statement wrong....

"The only problem is that you will only bet with somebody you know won't accept your challenge on your terms. Prove me wrong by accepting the challenge on YOUR freakin' terms.

No vindictiveness, no name-calling. Just a friendly bet.

Last edited:
Opinions are like as sholes, everyone has one.
Not everybody speaks through their backside so often though. [no smiley]

When i suggested the bet to him, there is no way that I could know that he wouldnt accept the challenge, and the bet was made because he and I had a long standing debate on the subject. He is a hard line poster, here and in another forum, as I am here, and we both have a lot more to lose than you would have. Nothing against you, but the bet was made with him.

And, if he doesnt want to make the bet, I have no problem with that, after all, the stakes ARE very high, and I doubt he would not like to be in the position of not posting here, and in the other forum, as much as me.

If he wants to make the wager for different stakes, perhaps as some have suggested, that too is fine with me.

In either case, I believe that come September, Eugene Wilson, or a draftee or free agent will be on the other corner, opposite Asante Samuel, providing he is still a Patriot.

Nothing against Hobbs, as I said, just that he will better serve the team as the nickel back. And, that's what this organization is all about.....TEAM....so, IMO, if they can come up with another player at the corner, they will, definitely move Hobbs to the nickel back position.

hey, I love this forum. Its a tough bet. He's got 2,000 something posts. I have 730. I'll give you odds. You win. I'm out until April 15, 2008. I win, you're only out to regular season. Come on Nem. I'm giving you a heck of a deal.

How much fairer can "my"terms be? With Asante Samuel on one corner, Hobss will either be the other corner starter, or not. Plain and simple.

And you have someone who will take your bet. And give you odds. No reason for you not to take it.

Last edited:
Forget it. The bet was not made for you. Drop it. You are wasting your time.

Dude i'll make you a year long sig bet. i posted but you never responded.

Exactly, what is it that you thought? Please be specific.

That you wouldn't back up your opinion by accepting the challenge, on your terms and with odds.

My challenge was made to another poster. It had, absolutely, nothing to do with you.

Sooner, and I, have gone around the wood with each other , on two different boards, for some time now, and we had an ongoing discussion on the Hobbs situation, so the wager was intended for him, and him only.

If you would like to make the same wager, then find someone else to make the bet with. This particular bet has nothing to do with you, or anyone else.

If you want to voice your opinion on Hobbs, do it in another thread, and we can discuss, and debate it, but the bet was, fairly, made to someone other than yourself.

And, that is the end of our discussion.

Nothing personal, but you really have nothing to do with the discussion between me and Sooner.

End of our discussion. And I'm not being personal or vindicative. Sooner wouldn't take you up. I gave you chance at me.

My bet was with Sooner. Both he and I have a lot to lose. You have, relatively, nothing to lose.

I like posting here. I value the opinions of several other members and I come here to get breaking Pats news like many others do.

However, I don't have much to lose at all. I can assure you my life is quite fulfilling with or without this board, great as it is.

You? Not so much.

I think this board means a lot more to you than it does to me, and most of the other posters. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but I think you would probably admit that yourself. The sheer number of posts you have makes it so. In fact, I don't know what you'd do with yourself if you were not allowed to post here.

I would gladly accept your bet if you didn't insist on gerrymandering the terms. Originally you said Hobbs would not start next year. I say he will. There was no Samuel caveat in your original opinion about Hobbs, just that he wouldn't be starting next year.

Well Sooner took the bet so guess my bet is done.

sucks.jpg

Well Sooner took the bet so guess my bet is done.

To clarify, I didn't accept anything.

As a service to the board, I would gladly put my posting privledges up on the block if he would stick with what he orginally said which was that Hobbs would not be starting next year. There was no "out" about Samuel re-signing or not. As of now, nobody knows what Samuel's future is with the team. I have an opinion, NEM has an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes