PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEM, your Hobbs' wager, are you for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the loser has to wear a #18 Colts jersey to a Patriots game and have his picture taken next to the bridge and keep it as their avatar for a year?

I think NEM is dead wrong. BB is NOT going to replace Hobbs. Hobbs is a good corner. If we keep Asante, Hobbs will still start.

And, that is what makes our world a great place because we always have a differing of opinions. If we all agree on everything, it would be a very boring world, right?

And, BTW, I respect your opinion, and your right to have it. I, just don't agree with it.

yep......................

And therein lies the loop hole wide enough to drive a 18 wheeler through.

The bet should be quite simple. Barring injury in camp, regardless of whether or not Samuel is re-signed, Hobbs is one of two starting corners for the Patriots next year. It need not be any more complicated than that.

You say he will NOT be. Most EVERYONE else here, in the media and probably within the halls of Pats HQ believe he will be.
Yep, ol' Nemmie tried to hit you with a sucker's bet by tying the bet to Asante and not to Hobbs. Nice of him to try and get you off the forum next fall with his trickery.

There is also the issue of if Samuel gets franchised and holds out.

Hobbs has way too much potential to not be a 2nd starter for our team. No offense to anyone here but Hobbs injury has hampered his ability this season. Even then so he had great games against Wayne and Parker.

There is also the issue of if Samuel gets franchised and holds out.

Theres no way he holds out. Maybe asks to be traded but no player is going to turn down a guaranteed 7.8 million for one year.

If that is so, and it very well may be, then he has nothing to lose by accepting the bet.

your asking for a tough bet NEM. I really don't blame Sooner for not accepting a steep bet.

Last edited:
NEM -
I just read your stipulations and they are BS. Plain and simple. Why? Because you are saying that If Samuel was injured then Hobbs would replace him and that isn't necessaily the case. How would you KNOW that Hobbs wasn't the #2 and that the #3 would be the new guy? Its a cop out on your part.

And, you didnt respond to my offer.

You didnt respond to my offer. My offer included you not posting on ANY Pats board next season. I would do the same. Unfortunatley I dont have the option of posting on one that you post on, but that is not my problem. You have a place to get out anytbhing you want to say, on that board, and I dont.

So, thats the only way. Also, I didnt say Hopbbs wouldnt make the team, i just said he wouldnt START at corner. If he starts at nickel, or ko return, thats not starting at corner, the position you say he excels at.

I say that he will be replaced, at starting corner, next season. By whom? I dont know, could be another player already on the roster, could be a draft pick, could be a free agent...but it wont be hobbs on the starting corner oipposite Asante.

Now, if Asante should get hurt, and Hobbs replaces him, that makes the bet null and void.

I am saying he wont be the otherr starting corner , opposite Asante.

You and I were in the discussion on that thread, so the bet is for you, and you alone.

If you dont want to risk not being able to post, then I will agree to somethng else that others may have suggested in this thread. Your choice.

Or, if you dont want to bet, that is acceptable, also. It is your decision.

No posting from the date of the first regular season game till the end of the last regular season game, no aliases, etc....on this forum and the other one.

And, i will add this. The reason I will only make the bet with you is that on many occasions, you and I, although in disagreement, had several good back and forth conversations with out personal attacks, unlike one, or two, other posters that made a point of coming itno threads for that sole purpose only, and who I wouldnt give the satisfaction to in case I lose the bet, which is possible, but, IMO, not probable.

If you agree, I will draw up the conditions and we can both agree.

If not, The we can just continue to agree to disagree on some items. I have no problem with that as long as it doesnt get personal.

The bet is equal both ways.

Odds are it will be all for naught because three things can happen.

(1) we sign Samuel. then it becomes 50/50 that you will win nem.
(2) we franchise Samuel and trade him. (null)
(3) either Samuel or Hobbs get injured (again null).

two out of three scenarios says its null. Why risk it if there is a 67% chance it will be null? I don't blame Sooner.

Last edited:
If that is so, and it very well may be, then he has nothing to lose by accepting the bet.

If you dont mind me asking what is the bet? I dont want to look though pages of talking.

Call it laziness:D

Who is the "we? I assume you aren't including all those that think that I am correct, right? :D Which, is probably the "silent"majority. :D

I think you are talking out your arse on this as well, NEM. If you took off the Hobbs-hating glasses you have on, you'd see that Hobbs played amazingly well against Reggie Wayne and that he is more than qualified to be a starter. He'd have had as many ints as Samuel if it wasn't for the cast on his wrist.

Hell, I'll make it simple. I'll put up a poll about hobbs and then we can see how many support your opinion.

If you dont mind me asking what is the bet? I dont want to look though pages of talking.

Call it laziness:D

NEM is challenging Sooner that if we keep Samuel, BB will replace Hobbs as the starting CB. Hobbs will go to nickel. If Samuel or Hobbs get injured, bets are off.

NEM is challenging Sooner that if we keep Samuel, BB will replace Hobbs as the starting CB. Hobbs will go to nickel. If Samuel or Hobbs get injured, bets are off.

So the stipulation is no posting for a year?

The bet is equal both ways.

Obviously, you are deluding yourself with this NEM. It is NOT equal both ways.

Fact is that you don't have the gonads to stand behind your opinion. Plain and simple, NEM. Will or won't Hobbs be starting for the Pats next season., regardless of what happens to Asante?

I'd take a friendly sig bet with nem for the course of the season if he wants too.

I dont know about not posting for a year seems to unfair.

Obviously, you are deluding yourself with this NEM. It is NOT equal both ways.

Fact is that you don't have the gonads to stand behind your opinion. Plain and simple, NEM. Will or won't Hobbs be starting for the Pats next season., regardless of what happens to Asante?

there's a 67% chance the bets all null and void.

It IS equal.

Right now we have, allegedly, Asante and Ellis as starting corners.

I am saying that if Asante stays, that Hobbs wont be the starter on the other side.

He says he will.

What is not equal about that?

You are biased in your opinion.

It couldnt be any more equal.

And we throw out any, and all injuries to either one, and if Asante signs with another team.

It is EXACTLY equal, both way.

OK, if its so "equal," then it should be no problem for you to accept my challenge. I challenge you are on YOUR terms. If Samuel and Hobbs are the starting CB on opening day, I win. If Hobbs and somebody else are starters, null and void. If Hobbs or Samuel are injured, null. If Hobbs get replaced by BB or moved to nickel you win NEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back