PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEM, your Hobbs' wager, are you for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify, I didn't accept anything.

As a service to the board, I would gladly put my posting privledges up on the block if he would stick with what he orginally said which was that Hobbs would not be starting next year. There was no "out" about Samuel re-signing or not. As of now, nobody knows what Samuel's future is with the team. I have an opinion, NEM has an opinion.

What I don't get is that if NEM believed his statement, "And, quite frankly, I dont want to get rid of anyone..." Then why did he bet you in the first place?

To clarify, I didn't accept anything.

As a service to the board, I would gladly put my posting privledges up on the block if he would stick with what he orginally said which was that Hobbs would not be starting next year. There was no "out" about Samuel re-signing or not. As of now, nobody knows what Samuel's future is with the team. I have an opinion, NEM has an opinion.

Ok so if Nem says fine then you both will agree?

What I don't get is that if NEM believed his statement, "And, quite frankly, I dont want to get rid of anyone..." Then why did he bet you in the first place?

I'm fascinated with his reasoning for picking me. I give NEM his share of grief, but I don't think I'm anywhere near the top of NEM's enemies list on this board. That honor probably goes to Box.

Again, if he stuck to what he originally said which was Hobbs would not start next year w/o the dubious Samuel caveat then I'm GLADLY in.

I bet 80% of our opening day roster will be injured by playoff time next year.

I bet the B_O_R/NEM feud will continue unabated.

I bet Bob Kraft makes more money this month than I will in my entire life.

I bet Italian_Pat suggests using throwback unis next year.

I bet I will continue to read and occasionally post on the board and quietly hit 1000 posts some time this winter or spring.

I bet I'm still pretty freakin' upset about the Colts game, but I bet that everyday it stings a little less.

If I lose, I will convert to the religion of the winner's choice. Any takers??

Ok so if Nem says fine then you both will agree?

Yes. Absolutely. My terms are as follows:

1-Ellis Hobbs is at the top of the depth chart at one CB spot heading into Game 1.

2-An injury to Hobbs in camp nullifies the bet.

3-Independent verification that Hobbs is or is not a starting CB heading into Week 1.

Loser doesn't post until the last game is completed whether that's Week 17, the wildcard or divisional round, the AFC title game or the Super Bowl.

Come on, you know what I said in my bet...that , the situation being the same as it is now, with Samuel on one corner, that Hobbs would not be the starter on the other corner next season.

It was very plainly posted that way.

And, I included all of the out clauses for both of us, ie. injuries, Asante not signing, etc.

It is a very simple bet.

Howerver, I can understand your concern that the stakes are, somewhat high... so, make a counter proposal.

However, I will tell you this, that Samuel has to be figured into the equation because he is there NOW, with Hobbs, and that is the situatin that exists.

If Samuel is not there, that totally changes the parameters and Hobbs, of course, stands a much better chance at being a starter next season if only because they then would need TWO starting corners instead of just ONE, IMO of course.

And, you know ecactly how I meant it, didnt you.

Right now, as it stands, Hobbs and Samuel are the starting corners.

I am saying that if Samuel is still here, and is the starting corner on one side, that Hobbs will NOT be the starting corner on the other side. Cant be more explicitly written than that, can it?

It's very explicit. But that's not what your original point was. Originally you said Hobbs would not start next year. There was no Samuel caveat.

Here again, neither of us knows what Samuel's future is with the team. We may think we know, but we do not know for certain. For that reason, this is the time to do it because there are risks both ways. If Samuel re-signs then I might want to worry. If he leaves, you might want to worry. But is it or is it not a unknown factor as of today?

If you want to voice your opinion on Hobbs, do it in another thread, and we can discuss, and debate it, but the bet was, fairly, made to someone other than yourself.
Hijacking my thread are you? What a surprise.

There is nothing "fair" about your bet with Sooner, it was a sucker bet intended to set him up and silence him for several months. You wouldn't offer anyone a wager that didn't have an out for you - not that we'd expect you to honor any wager you made either.

If you don't wish to read P-80's thoughts on your cowardice and ignorance, stay out.

What "out?" There is absolutely no out , and I am sure all can see that.

Hobbs currently is the starting CB on one side, Samuel on the other.

My bet was very clearly posted, and with no "out" I say that Hopbbs will not be the 2nd starting corner back, with Samuel, next season.

That has been my stance fromthe beginning, and it has never changed.

If you want to make it something that it isn't, be my guest. But, you wont fool anyone this time as you have fooled them for so long.
:rofl: You are hilarious. Dishonest, but hilarious.

EDIT: It is my pleasure to speak to your personal attributes, please share your concerns with whichever power cares to listen to your whine.

Last edited:
My bet was very clearly posted, and with no "out" I say that Hopbbs will not be the 2nd starting corner back, with Samuel, next season.

lol. The probability of Samuel returning is so low your "bet" is almost meaningless. Samuel will not be back next year and Hobbs will be starting. You will then recite all year how bad Hobbs is but he plays there because we let Samuel go and have no one else to play CB. You will harp on his size and one or 2 plays that he will invariably allow, like every other CB in the league. When teams dont throw his way again all year long, you will bring up his lack of stats. It's ok though, at least the name is Ellis Hobbs, something different from Josh Mcdaniels

And I 100% maintain my position that Hobbs is our best CB on the roster currently. Argue it all you want all day long I dont really care, but don't be suprised if BB believes Hobbs is our best CB as well.

lol. The probability of Samuel returning is so low your "bet" is almost meaningless. Samuel will not be back next year and Hobbs will be starting. You will then recite all year how bad Hobbs is but he plays there because we let Samuel go and have no one else to play CB. You will harp on his size and one or 2 plays that he will invariably allow, like every other CB in the league. When teams dont throw his way again all year long, you will bring up his lack of stats. It's ok though, at least the name is Ellis Hobbs, something different from Josh Mcdaniels

And I 100% maintain my position that Hobbs is our best CB on the roster currently. Argue it all you want all day long I dont really care, but don't be suprised if BB believes Hobbs is our best CB as well.

LOL. I have had my fun with the thread though.........

I bet I will continue to read and occasionally post on the board and quietly hit 1000 posts some time this winter or spring.

The unfairness of it all.

If I'm not mistaken, your reward for hitting 1,000 as a valuable special teamer and third string depth, is to be put on the practice squad.

Hurry up and post so we can find out!

Last edited:
Box O'Rocks and Nem, this stuff is a riot.

Like Fred Allen and Jack Benny. Sad part is I think we're all old enough to get the reference, (not really, but I like old Radio).

The unfairness of it all.

If I'm not mistaken, your reward for hitting 1,000 as a valuable special teamer and third string depth, is to be put on the practice squad.

Hurry up and post so we can find out!

7 more to go. At this rate I'll hit 1000 in April. Stay tuned!

I am going to bed, but I just noticed that this thread has almost 2,000 views. Must be the Legend Of NEM.

Thank Box. :D

And I bet that I am not the only one who wishes that he had that part of his life back. :(

You have got to be kidding, Replacing ONE starting corner is hard enough, but replacing two....give me a break.

Ahem, but I thought your whole argument is that Chad Scott should be starting over Hobbs anyway, so wouldn't they actually just be replacing one 'starter' (Samuel)?

You jump back and forth on your stance depending on how far against the wall you are.

Your view is that Hobbs is not a starter anyway, so you can't use Asante as an out. Asante should have no affect on Hobbs starting according to your view. Your view is that Hobbs is a nickle player. The Patriots have an entire offseason to get two outside cornerbacks, whether it's Asante or anyone else. Resign Chad Scott, as you say he's a better starter than Hobbs.

Don't be a coward. Take it straight up. If Hobbs starts (injury the only 'if/but') then they win, if he doesn't you win. Putting quantifiers on it only weakens your position and shows that you are just blowing wind. Believe your own argument or stop making it.

Last edited:
as it stands today the starting CB's of the NE Patriots are

Ellis Hobbes and ?

Gay, Asante and scott are all free agents awaiting the oppotunity to sign a new deal

Asante is no longer a member of the Patritos until the time his signature is placed on a contract with the team.

so the reasoning of as it is today is a bogus proppsition - I fully expect Asante to elsewhere next season - the Tatoo and his other actions lead me to believe this - I hope I am wrong but Nem as of today Asante is not a member of the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back