PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Need your help: need an apartment in boston ASAP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
hey guys
you've always been able to help me out with questions or requests

so, im comin here again for your help

i just got my first job out of college
workin in downtown boston

ive been out of school for four months, and thought it would be a lot easier to find a job, especially graduating with a great degree (business admin-marketing) from a great school (BU), but it ended up bein very difficult
anyway, i got a job :) but one of the catches of the job is that it starts next monday, and i was living back home in western mass

so, now i need to find an apartment in boston now
im lookin to spend around 750-850 a month
im either lookin for a room in a larger apartment
or a one bedroom that has a living room big enough for my friend (1400-1500 bux for that)

im lookin in either the south end/back bay area
or somthin on the t not too far out of downtown (allston/brighton maybe, brookline perhaps, parts of jp possibly)

i've looked on craigslist, and roomates.com extensively
ive looked a lil on bostonapartments.com

so, anyone out there no anyone lookin for a roomate or have any connections with realty at all or anything of the sort

thanks again for all your help whatever u can do

love u guys!

NEM said:
I havent lived there in almost 20 years, but my understanding is that, in Boston, 750 - 800 a month will get you a broom closet.

haha pretty much

thing is im lookin to get a bedroom in say a three or four bedroom apartment that someone is lookin to give up, so i can get somthin decent for that price range

but ya its not easy to find anything there
when i was in school i lived on campus all four yrs, did live in an apartment last summer though and actually had a great place for like 900 a month, in a three bed

patsfan55 said:
haha pretty much

thing is im lookin to get a bedroom in say a three or four bedroom apartment that someone is lookin to give up, so i can get somthin decent for that price range

but ya its not easy to find anything there
when i was in school i lived on campus all four yrs, did live in an apartment last summer though and actually had a great place for like 900 a month, in a three bed

You know you have a tough time of year cause school just started.

I'm sure you're checking the Globe, Herald, Phoenix etc.

Why not also check college papers and bulletin boards at colleges, coffeeshops, laundromats, etc.?

You could post a "looking" for apt. notice also.

Good luck.

You could try www.bostonroommates.com I found a great roommate on there a few years back in an absolutely HUGE townhouse in Brighton on Vineland St. My split was only $725 a month. I was pissed I had to move to San Jose for work because I knew I wouldn't such a great place for the price out here.

It may be worth it to post on ad on Craigslist stating that you're looking for a roommate and both try to find an empty apartment together.

I have room opening up in November in my 2 bedroom apartment. The rent is only $450 per, but it's a small place in Waltham. Easy access to the T though.

I have a big ass fridge box with some spare pieces of styrofoam for added insulation. It's an Amana - the penthouse of fridge boxes. One request is that you don't set up too close to me. I need my space, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes