PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE vs Miami pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be interesting to see what our starting O-line is today.

Thank god the team has the bye week locked up already.

Yeah Ross, I don't know what would be scarier, playing a playoff game with LaFell as our number 1 wideout or playing with this O-line without Vollmer and Kline. lol

It can't be now.

It didn't need to be either. No team is getting an advantage because of the game times. If Denver loses and KC wins then Denver would be a WC instead of the AFCW winner. That way the Pats and Cincy results still won't matter.

Bill Cohwer had to correct himself after saying New Jersey Jets.:p

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 5m5 minutes ago
Keshawn Martin, Danny Amendola and Chris Harper out to return punts in warmups for the Patriots. Amendola looks to be moving well.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 2m2 minutes ago
Ed Hochuli, referee today, is going with the short sleeves today in Miami Gardens.

LOL @Reiss

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 7m7 minutes ago
The Dolphins are dressed like Gumby today

CXz7f6UWwAAMSMD.jpg

Mark J. Murphy ‏@murphmj 17m17 minutes ago
As Pats fans invade South Fla.
CXz5onQW8AAnqG5.jpg

Really excited for this game (but I'm excited for pre-season game 4 against the Gints!) Want to see what the run defense looks like and whether the O-line can block enough to convert 3rd-and-1 ...

if garrapolo comes in on the 2nd snap replacing brady out of the game , we might see some 522s here ! :D

Want to see what the run defense looks like and whether the O-line can block enough to convert 3rd-and-1 ...

Glass half...ummm...well, just half - TBD whether full or empty.

Disagree not used, but felt...really really felt!!!! No injuries today NFL Gods...we beseech you!
No worries. To reverse the trend, I've taken the drastic step of changing beer mugs.

lets go!! lock up the 1 seed.

who knows though, 2nd seed might get houston in the 2nd round. very easy instead of jets/steelers.

Just saw this...

Mike Reiss ✔ @MikeReiss
Top backup o-linemen today: C David Andrews, G Shaq Mason. While OT LaAdrian Waddle technically is active, he isn't dressed for the game.

So, definitely a short bench.

I don't disagree with you, VP. I just believe that it will be much more challenging without having an adequate rushing attack, and it goes above and beyond reasons that pertain to proper balance or statistics that show 50+ passing attempts.

Yes, it's certainly possible, but the odds will increase dramatically if we're able to get Steven Jackson going on the ground, with James White fully taking over the Vereen role catching passes. As a matter of fact, I personally think that it's necessary. Hopefully, Edelman comes back and dominates again, guys like Amendola and LaFell add something significant like they did last postseason, and we get things going with our RBs.

Their "Super Bowl" offense will be somewher between gimpy and rusty and White isn't a game breaker [though he's doing a nice job]. Any shot of juice from a superior player has got to help the offense. Jackson is a beast and he can catch. That's got to loosen up the defense and put a little hesitation in that pass rush.

If Jackson is 80%+ of his prime, that let's dola and Edelman work in and adds another dominator with Gronk [whose blocking makes him a double threat with a real run threat]. Hate to base it on a statistically poor performance against the Jets superior rushing defense, but I'm getting the tingles about Jackson. See if my feeling is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents