PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE vs Miami pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Brady was on MNF radio before the game and stated "consistent" players are coming back for the Dolphins game when asked why the Pats offense struggled in NJ. Brady didn't name anyone but I wouldnt be shocked to see Edelman on the field.

The announcer also poked fun at Brady. "Tom, you've always told us that the season begins after thanksgiving. Well, NE is 2 - 3 after thanksgiving this season, When are you going to start to play?" Brady laughed and said " Man, youre tough"

Anyone else going down to the game?

High ankle sprain for Vollmer

Expected back for the playoffs

It wouldn't surprise me to see Edelman play this game to get the live reps in before the playoffs. I hope it's only for a few series or so. No need risking him that much against a team that has nothing to live for but also has nothing to lose. Get him the live reps to knock the rust off then let the walking wounded kick their heels back, relax, and lick their wounds before the divisional round.

Anyone else going down to the game?

I was going to but work screwed me up.

Tickets were sort of high a few weeks ago, but I have checked lately.

The way brady was talking in the interview about expecting some of his "very dependable players back" im expecting edelman and mb amendola to play. Get the full offense live reps and get up early so the dolphins fold

The Pats leave Thursday for Florida because Gillete is being turned into a hockey rink.

Good move by BB. Soak up some sunshine.

The Pats leave Thursday for Florida because Gillete is being turned into a hockey rink.

Good move by BB. Soak up some sunshine.

Maybe the sun will have the same healing factor with the Pats that it does for Superman.

He also said its "all hands on deck," and that they have to win this game, that they work all offseason and season to have homefield advantage.

As for which players might return, I thought he was referring more to Amendola than Edelman.

The Dolphins look like a team in complete disarray. Boring seems to be a theme all over the Dolphins' board:

Hayden Fox Assessment: Week 16 vs Indianapolis Colts

When the interim head coach's most newsworthy statement is about the tweets from a player's wife, you know the train is off the rails. Can you imagine Bill Belichick's response if a reporter asked him about a player's wife's tweets?

Wouldn't be surprised to see this game flexed to 4:30pm.

I would seeing as how all game times have been decided and NE/Miami stayed at 1pm

With the way Miami has been playing, coupled with the facts that their season is long over, and the Pats are still playing for seeding, I can totally foresee more Pats fans that Maimi ones at the game. I have a feeling that fan distribution at the game would be something like the game in SD last year.

With the way Miami has been playing, coupled with the facts that their season is long over, and the Pats are still playing for seeding, I can totally foresee more Pats fans that Maimi ones at the game. I have a feeling that fan distribution at the game would be something like the game in SD last year.

I've been to several games in Miami since the Dolphins went into the crapper. The only game where it wasn't at least equal Pats fans to Dolphins fans down there was in Week 1 last season. Outside of that, it's either been equal distribution or the distribution has favored Pats fans.

I don't see this Miami Dolphins team being able to beat us. There is smoke coming out almost everywhere in Miami with coaching issues, locker room controversies, players taking business decisions on the field instead of giving 100%.

This is as much of a gift already wrapped for us as any game that decides HFA could be. Unless we have an Eagles-esque meltdown with multiple turnovers I honestly don't see how the Dolphins can win that game.

The announcers for NE, Socci and Zolak, for Miami, Miko Grimes.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this game flexed to 4:30pm.
It can't be now.

I don't see this Miami Dolphins team being able to beat us. There is smoke coming out almost everywhere in Miami with coaching issues, locker room controversies, players taking business decisions on the field instead of giving 100%.

This is as much of a gift already wrapped for us as any game that decides HFA could be. Unless we have an Eagles-esque meltdown with multiple turnovers I honestly don't see how the Dolphins can win that game.
I thought the same thing in 2004 when patriots were 12-1 and phins were 2-10. Patriots were fighting for #1 seed and ended up losing 29-28. Hopefully it is a different result this time

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes