PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nationally televised games

Ok... I have two questions... Is there someone else besides Directv that does something similiar to the NFL package? I can't get Directv because of the trees, I've tried. I have Comcast right now, which I'm pleased with them but I wish they did something like Directv and their football package... Also, according to Reiss, the Colts- Pats game isn't going to be nationally televised-- WHY? That game is like the Super Bowl without the trophy. I would rather see the Pats/Colts game than Pats/Philly any day if I had to choose.

Ok... I have two questions... Is there someone else besides Directv that does something similiar to the NFL package? I can't get Directv because of the trees, I've tried. I have Comcast right now, which I'm pleased with them but I wish they did something like Directv and their football package... Also, according to Reiss, the Colts- Pats game isn't going to be nationally televised-- WHY? That game is like the Super Bowl without the trophy. I would rather see the Pats/Colts game than Pats/Philly any day if I had to choose.

I believe Sunday ticket is only available via satellite (directv).

I believe Sunday ticket is only available via satellite (directv).

This is indeed the case. DirecTv keeps negotiatiing an exclusive contract with the NFL. The NFL's price to keep it exclusive keeps going up, so the price for Sunday ticket will keep going up. The first time I purchased it, I paid 150 and there was no separate HD package, now it's 250 with an xtra 100 for the HD (plus the 10 monthly for the HD service).

Sunday ticket is available in Canada over regular cable.

As for the Nationally televised games that Reiss lists. Those are only the ones that are "prime time". Depending on where you are and who else plays the late games on Sundays, some of the 4:15 games will be 'nationally televised'.

For you two that live in PA. I also live in PA. I'm in Pittsburgh and have been unable to find a bar that would show Pats games. Not suprising given the Pats/Steelers recent history.

Last edited:
Dang it... Directv screws us all...

unfortunately the NFL Sunday Tickets is EXCLUSIVE to Direct TV through at least 2011.

THe original contract expired in 2006 and I was hopeful that this package could've been picked up by Comcast (for tree/weather reasons, DirectTV does not help me either), but DirectTV has renewed the contract through 2011.

... I can't get Directv because of the trees, I've tried. ...

I had the same problem but it was resolved with a tower on my roof. A few years ago I tried to get it but they couldn't get a signal--they told me it was because of a couple trees, which I took down (yes, i'm diehard), but still couldn't get a signal (major disappointment). Anyway I called DirectTV last year to see if their satellite had moved or something and they said that they now can build these towers on your roof (really a mounted tripod). Mine is about 5' tall (apparently they can go much higher if necessary), ugly as hell, but I got the dish! Also, apparently you get a better signal with an HD dish (it is bigger).

Last edited:
So what all games do you think will be nationally televised?

This doesn't matter to many, but it does to me since I'm a displaced Pats fan living in Central Pennsylvania (Steeler Country).

I'm guessing I'll be able to watch the following which includes the Steeler game since it is in my market.

WEEK 2
Sunday, Sep. 16
San Diego at New England 8:15 pm

WEEK 4
Monday, Oct. 1
New England at Cincinnati 8:30 pm

WEEK 6
Sunday, Oct. 14
New England at Dallas 4:15 pm

WEEK 9
Sunday, Nov. 4
New England at Indianapolis 4:15 pm

WEEK 12
Thursday, Nov. 22
Philadelphia at New England 8:15 pm

WEEK 13
Monday, Dec. 3
New England at Baltimore 8:30 pm

WEEK 14
Sunday, Dec. 9
Pittsburgh at New England 1:00 pm

WEEK 17
Saturday, Dec. 29
New England at N.Y. Giants 8:15 pm

I am also a displaced Pats fan living near Pittsburgh. I enjoyed when they came to town we went to each and every game they played in Pittsburgh for the last oh 5 years or so maybe longer. I wish they were coming this year.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back