PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nantz & Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.

SebertJr

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Simms, I can live with, I just hope Nance can keep the mancrush on Manning under control.
I noticed last week he was careful not to throw out the usual jinx stats he so loves to do to the Pats, you know the ones, he waited until just after Prader missed the field goal to mention the consecutive successful kicks, if that was Gostowski, he would have been all over it as they were lining up.

I really can't take him, I rather have had Gumbel & Dierdorf again...even as clueless as Dan can be sometime.

re: Nantz & Simms

Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts is the best commentator team on any network, though I'm a little biased as a Nets fan since Eagle calls Nets games on YES and is really good at it. Case in point was the week 17 game against the Bills, where Eagle became the first announcer in history to correctly pronounce Hoomanwanui rather than saying something like 'oobadoobie' and Fouts made funny references to his role in The Waterboy.

I'm with you! NANTZ has a hatred for the Patriots that has no end. His commentary is so biased against Patriot Nation. I cant tell you how many times during a telecast someone in my family yells at the tv for him to "shut up" or "stop talking".
GO PATS!!!

Nance just wishes he was in Augusta, sitting in Butler Cabin and giving people green jackets. I have no support for this, but I think we all know it to be true.

I'm the opposite. I like Nantz for play by play but I think Simms brings no analysis to the color. I like Collinsworth for that.

I like Nantz calling the games. Don't like Phil Simms though and I don't get the Fouts love I have seem about him lately. I like Ian Eagle thou.

Would you rather have them bring back Greg Gumble and Dan Dumbledork back?

This is why remote controls have MUTE buttons

For me, HD TV has too much delay to listen to the radio announcers.

I noticed that I needed to give myself a few minutes of cushion on HD to make sure I could finagle a bit between the TV and radio to synch them. It was worth it though. There were all kinds of things that they noticed that would go completely unnoticed by the CBS crew. They are also more familiar with the Patriots, so you get to bypass the usual "they're good at this" platitudes and get to some decent in-game analysis.

It's like the difference between watching the Sox on NESN versus ESPN.

I like Nance and Simms, both knowledgeable they call a good game...

Could never deal with Dumbledorf...

At least it's not Joe Buck.

I'm with you! NANTZ has a hatred for the Patriots that has no end. His commentary is so biased against Patriot Nation. I cant tell you how many times during a telecast someone in my family yells at the tv for him to "shut up" or "stop talking".
GO PATS!!!

His biggest crime against our team was his introduction of the term Tuck Rule after the Pats beat the Raiders in the Snow Bowl. I had seen that play many times prior to that, but the name didn't come until Nantz was crying after that game.

Was Nantz the one who got Don 'Cheat' Shula to respond to a question about asterisks? If not, I bet he wishes he was.

People like him know how much control they have on some viewers and they like to use that power.

I've never really thought Nantz didn't call a good game (a Dierdorf homage there). Seems to be fair. All announcers say stupid ****; it's why I utilize that mute button most of the time during games.

Nance just wishes he was in Augusta, sitting in Butler Cabin and giving people green jackets. I have no support for this, but I think we all know it to be true.

He's trying to immortalize his words more than the golfers he's covering. I get a kick out of the way he keeps hitting us over the head with his - a tradition like no other or whatever - nonsense every year at the Masters.

I think I'm in the minority here, but Nantz and Simms are my favorite commentating team. Since Simms was a former QB I think he brings a unique view to the table, and I just enjoy Nantz's commentating.

He's trying to immortalize his words more than the golfers he's covering. I get a kick out of the way he keeps hitting us over the head with his - a tradition like no other or whatever - nonsense every year at the Masters.

I agree. I'm not sure how it developed, but my friend and I have a running joke about how whatever Jim Nance's assignment is that week, he wishes it was covering the Masters. At this point, every time I see him pre-game the Masters theme starts playing in my head.

And I actually agree Bravo. My favorite play-by-play commentator is Al Micahels, although I find Nance serviceable. I don't really like any colour commentator, but think Simms is the least annoying, and provides some good insight. I respect Collinsworth's knowledge of the game, but he has a nasty tendency to make comments that simultaneously piss off fans of both teams playing.

I really wish 98.5 would sync their broadcast with HD TV feed. They could really pull in a lot more listeners.

Lets face it- the diehards that want to listen to Zo's analysis are going to watch the game on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes