PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My 2011 2 Round Patriots Mock Draft W/ Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the Amukumara pick, if the Patriots do trade up, he would be the type of player they would value that high. If they really want him though, they'll have to leapfrog Houston and get the #10 pick from Washington. It makes a lot of sense, the Redskins have been shopping the #10 pick for more draft picks and thepats simply don't need all the selections they have (2 first rounders, 2 second rounders, 2 third rounders). They were 14-2 last year, they don't need a ton of players, just a few great players. To get #10, they would probably have to give up pick 17, 33 and possibly 92. I say they still sit tight at 28 and take one of the best defensive linemen or linebackers available, Muhammed Wilkerson would be best case scenario. Ryan Williams at pick 60 would be great as well and taking Allen Bailey as a possible conversion outside linebacker at 74 would also be a solid pick.

Outside of Dareus, I do not see any other player in this draft that is worth trading up for.

Even Quinn who I think is the next Merrimanas as a 3-4 OLB in our defense is not worth trading up to #10 for, when we can get Sheard at #33.

Also I think if you want enough Nebraska tape, you will see opposing QB's throwing at Amucmura so they can avoid the other Nebraska CB. Now either the other Nebraska CB is Revis moonlighting on the side or Amucamura is not the best CB on his team.

I think 3 of the 4 players in this mock won't be there at the slots. If there is 1 consensus among the "experts", it's that Watkins will be gone somewhere in the 30-35 range. Although he's older, he's about as close to Mankins as it gets. So I just don't see him being there at 60. I also don't think Heyward will be there at 28 with all the teams playing 3-4 these days.

As for Amukamara, I don't believe he's a shutdown corner. Still, if he gets by the Texans at 11, they should have their head examined.

Outside of Dareus, I do not see any other player in this draft that is worth trading up for.

Not even Patrick Peterson or AJ Green?

I've come to the conclusion that if the Patriot had the first pick in the draft and couldn't trade out of it, they would take Peterson with Von Miller and Dareus being two and three on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes