PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Muhammed Wilkerson guarantees win against Patriots

The ONLY thing guaranteed in the nfl is at least one jet will always say something stupid before a game.

Rookie QBs back to back weeks filled by 10 days to prepare for Josh Freeman??? Yes please.

Rookie QBs back to back weeks filled by 10 days to prepare for Josh Freeman??? Yes please.

Followed by Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, AJ Green and Julio Jones for the three weeks following. No thank you.

we have saints, atlanta and cinci coming up? if we're as happy with the D after that stretch as we are now, then we would have half a team already

I have a guarantee.....

I guarantee that the Jets will be picking a top 5 draft pick in round one next April WITHOUT moving up.

How duz you like dem apples Muhammed?

Followed by Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, AJ Green and Julio Jones for the three weeks following. No thank you.

That's a fact but those three are a nice warm ups (which this team obviously needs) before the storm begins . Plus Gronk and Vereen should be back for most of that stretch.

I have respect for him as a talented player but his youth is showing when he makes statements like this.

I agree. I really wanted to select him that year. Unfortunately he didn't last until 33 and we didn't package something to move up a bit for him.

As for the comments, he's a Jet so I expect this from him. Maybe I'm giving him too much leeway (or Cromartie's attitude is rubbing off on him). Sometimes there's a fine line between trying to take over that leadership role on a young team and bringing some confidence when you're an underdog, vs running your mouth unnecessarily and looking stupid.

Since he's a Jet, I'm going to assume that he's running his mouth and looking stupid ;)

That's a fact but those three are a nice warm ups (which this team obviously needs) before the storm begins . Plus Gronk and Vereen should be back for most of that stretch.

True. The first couple/few games can be viewed as a continuation of the preseason, especially with our young offensive WR's. Hopefully we make some nice strides between now and the end of the month b/c we have our work cut out for us with CIN, ATL, and NEW ORL.

Is he playing QB?

Does he want to kiss Suzy Kolber? :D
glitter-lips-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

can he tell us what the winning lottery numbers are?

Don't forget Andy Dalton neutralizes AJ Green a bit.

Justin Smith vehemently disagrees.

Yeah, I'm not getting the "MW is the second best 3-4 DE in the league" talk. :confused2:

Who? The Pats probably had to look him up in the Jets game program. See you on Thursday chump!

Not for nothin, but the scumbag Wilkerson may be right. There is a chance they can beat our Pats. With Vereen, Sudfeld and possibly Amendola out, our offense is now even with theirs. Their defense is probably better than ours. I still think we eke out a win, it's our home opener for Christ's sake. But I'm not as confident as I was when the Pats were up 17-7 and the Jets were losing 14-5, and before all the injuries. When the Jets won, that gave them confidence. And a confident healthy team vs a wounded team, anything can happen.

Not for nothin, but the scumbag Wilkerson may be right. There is a chance they can beat our Pats. With Vereen, Sudfeld and possibly Amendola out, our offense is now even with theirs. Their defense is probably better than ours. I still think we eke out a win, it's our home opener for Christ's sake. But I'm not as confident as I was when the Pats were up 17-7 and the Jets were losing 14-5, and before all the injuries. When the Jets won, that gave them confidence. And a confident healthy team vs a wounded team, anything can happen.

Our offense is even with theirs? Geno Smith = Tom Brady? Sorry, no dice. We have enough left to beat them and I am confident we will.

The Jets offence is of no concern at all. Our defence is more than cable of stuffing them although the pass rush needs to get its act together.

The Jets conceded five sacks on Sunday....which bodes well for even the most average of pass rushes. Geno is indecisive just like Sanchez. His TE was the biggest producer on their entire offence and the run game looked average.

I always fear their defence somewhat but I fear it much less without Revis.

Typical Jets. Rex Ryan has built a culture of popping off at the mouth and coming up empty.

Don't forget Andy Dalton neutralizes AJ Green a bit.

He certainly didn't against the Bears.

As for Wilkerson, I don't see how this is a bad play for him at all. It fits in with the rest of his team, and as others have stated in recent history, trash talking before a game with the Pats doesn't seem to cause results that deviate from the norm. In other words, the Pats typically win about 70-75% of their total games, and that happens whether the opponent is made up of mouthy jackholes or not.

we have saints, atlanta and cinci coming up? if we're as happy with the D after that stretch as we are now, then we would have half a team already

AJ Green is the only overly impressive piece of the Cincy offense. I have to think we will manage pretty well against them defensively. Their defense against our O worries me though.

Atlanta, however. That one might be ugly. Everyone run to your Chandler Jones totem poles and pray for Julius Peppers 2.0.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back