Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What will Pats do in light of current situation?

• Sign Dallas Clark

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • Sign David Thomas

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Sign someone else/no one

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Abandon 2 TE as base offense

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
I think Ballard is more of a true TE. He isn't going to force teams into match up nightmares.

Hernandez is a HUGE loss for this team. Devastating even.

One area where Ballard may even improve the team is in the blocking game. As you say, he's more of a "true" TE and has better blocking capabilities.

I think we're still able to take advantage of running the hurry up in the sense that our current personnel can still stay in and avoid substitution in terms of being able to block on running plays, while still providing viable passing targets too. As long as this happens, we should still be fine, especially considering that Ballard will be an upgrade over last year's "other" TE in an injured Fells/Hooman.

Like you said, obviously we still lose the versatility of AH and that hurts; but we can still take advantage of mismatches vs LB/S players. In the case of Hernandez, I think other teams were treating him like a pure WR at times, and actually lining up a CB on him, so there were definitely times where we didn't have as good of a mismatch as we'd initially believe; at least this was definitely the case vs the NYJ when either Cromartie or Revis were lining up vs Hernandez.

Maybe I am just viewing it too optimistically, but I tend to think that we'll still be able to do a lot of the things that were done in the past with AH. On what level that will work is obviously the million dollar question, and I expect to lose some of the raw talent of course.

Ahern was ,if anything, an H back. We have plenty of tight end candidates going into camp. As I remember it, Thomas pizzed off our QB for some reason his third season so they traded him for a sixth round pick subsequently.

In 2008, Thomas started 10 games as part of a two-tight end formation that also included Watson, who started 9 games. Thomas had nine catches during the season for 93 yards, but none after November 2. He was also a healthy inactive in a December 7 game against the Seattle Seahawks.

The Saints cut him outright this year. Why in the world would the Pats bring HIM back here? They have young talented players with better size ,speed and overall ability.

Dallas Clark?..c'mon man...

Scratch Chris Cooley off the list of potential veteran free agent tight ends to be brought in to training camp. Not that Cooley was ever that great an option - he had all of one reception last year - but some had brought up his name as a TE that the Pats should consider.

Chris Cooley retires, joins Washington Redskins radio broadcast team - The Washington Post

Chris Cooley joined the Washington Redskins’ radio broadcasting team Tuesday, effectively ending his career as an NFL player but preserving the link between one of the team’s most popular players and its legions of fans.​

I wonder which of the 2 babbling geezers he'll be replacing.

If someone were taking bets i'd wager $10 on the Ravens

If someone were taking bets i'd wager $10 on the Ravens

After strong showings by Sudfeld and Fells I'd be real surprised if it was here, my guess would be Baltimore.

Reportedly, Clark and BAL have a mutual interest as per a PFT report from this afternoon.

Years of getting obliterated by Peyton will do that to a guy.

I'm guessing by season's end, Welker will be feeling the same way. It's amazing how often TFB throws his receivers open, and amazing how often the Fivehead hangs his out to dry.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back