Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Most pleasant surprise as a 2010 Patriot?

• Danny Woodhead

Votes: 46 29.7%
  • BJGE

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Rob Nincovich

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Devin McCourty

Votes: 57 36.8%
  • Rookie TEs Hernandez and Gronkowski

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Deion Branch return

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Dan Connolly

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Kyle Arrington

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Zoltan Mesko

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no wrong answer for that question from this group.

Yes there is.

ETA: Phew... thank you for not letting me down PF's.

Last edited:
Branch's production doesn't surprise me - the fact that we actually finally reacquired him did.

Have to go with the TE's first, from a non weapon to 18 TD's from this slot, along with some devastating blocking has made this team much better.

There have been so many other pleasant surprises as well.. the comeback of Mayo, Devon McCourty, BJGE, Woodhead..

Also think the ability of BB to integrate 25 new players into the Pats System deserves some consideration as well..

It's hard to decide. What a great year to be a Patriots fan!

Before voting or looking at any posts in this thread... Mcourty better be winning this in a LANDSLIDE. If he isn't I may need to look for a different fan site out of embarassment.

McCourty only requires a landslide most pleasant surprise vote if in the pro bowl vs. bust voting thread you predicted a first round BUST... Just sayin'...

McCourty only requires a landslide most pleasant surprise vote if in the pro bowl vs. bust voting thread you predicted a first round BUST... Just sayin'...

yes. yes i did. :bricks:

But COMEON!!!

A Mike Haynes like rookie season?? Not even the blindest homers believed that possible!

Who was your most pleasant surprise player of 2010?

This would mean the player you were most shocked with having an outstanding season.

All of my choices would be worthy but you can only pick ONE

I picked "other": the 2010 draft class.

After terrible drafts from 2004-2008 (the jury is still out on the '09 class), the '10 batch was the best BB draft ever. McCourty is a legit DROY candidate, Gronk has been sensational, Cunningham has been solid (not bad for a 4-3 DE moving to 3-4 OLB), Spikes has been a force against the run, Hernandez is a player, and Zoltan Mesko has made everyone forget Hanson. Heck, even Taylor Price showed me something last week. He looks like a better pass catcher than Tate.

No team in the NFL has gotten more out of their draft class than the 14-2 Pats. No team is even close.

I just hope the 2011 class makes just as big an impact.

I picked "other": the 2010 draft class.

After terrible drafts from 2004-2008 (the jury is still out on the '09 class), the '10 batch was the best BB draft ever. McCourty is a legit DROY candidate, Gronk has been sensational, Cunningham has been solid (not bad for a 4-3 DE moving to 3-4 OLB), Spikes has been a force against the run, Hernandez is a player, and Zoltan Mesko has made everyone forget Hanson. Heck, even Taylor Price showed me something last week. He looks like a better pass catcher than Tate.

No team in the NFL has gotten more out of their draft class than the 14-2 Pats. No team is even close.

I just hope the 2011 class makes just as big an impact.

Chung, Vollmer, Tate, Edelman, Pryor, Brace alone is an enormous haul from one draft class. Then add in Butler getting more snaps and Ohrnberger still hanging around and you have 3 starters, 2 guys who have proven to be capable starters, 2 role players and a flyer who the team still likes.

Is that jury deliberating between "excellent" and "incredible"? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes