PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss post-game [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Moss post-game(merged X3)

Why the sympathy for a guy that forced his way out of town? He wanted out. He shot his way out of town. The grass isn't always greener, Randy.

If he would've just kept his fat mouth shut, he would still be here. I have no sympathy for a guy that gets what he asked for and now pouts about it.

Why would anyone want this guy back? He's the not the same player he was in 07 or 08. He's lost a step. He can't just run by everyone on the defenes. He still won't go over the middle -- the only year he did it a little was 07 to "prove" he could still play. He's not physical at all. The only thing he did that we miss was open up the field for Welker and the underneath guys.

Felger was 100% right. Better when it counts and better in the 2nd half w/o Randy. You can't have a tough, mentally strong, clutch team with Randy. Even Welker said it's nice to have all 11 guys out there competing and not going in the tank when things go bad. Clearly a shot at Moss shutting it down when he doesn't feel like playing.

3-0 without him, 4-0 if you want to count the Miami game in which he didn't have a catch. Get a young guy who can dictate coverage, get vertical, but still has balls going over the middle to be the new #1 next year.

Poor Randy. Got what he deserved.

seems he really miss the New England Patriots...

Whats funnny to me is people on here you say that they dont want Moss back are the same people who will sware they've always wanted him back if next season Him, Branch, Welker and Tate set NFL records and become the best WR group in nfl history.

Kind of like the people who think they are better "fans" because they say that the patriots are not the best team in the nfl, even though their record clearley proves that they are. I use to love this board, but I havent sceen a message board with so many negative comments about a 6-1 team in a long time..actually ever.

I say the patriots are the best team in the nfl..they win games, they dont win pretty but they win games. The chargers have all these stats and what not, but what do they have? A losing record.

If the patriots win the superbowl with this team..and then re-sign moss in the offseason, all the while getting an extra 3rd round pick..that will go down as the single greatest move in the history of sports and BB could retire as the best coach of any game not just the NFL.

Ha....maybe the Patriots will sign Moss this offseason.

If it was such a love fest why did we part ways?

Why did we take Branch back? Both voiced contract displeasure. Branch actually sat out, Moss kept playing.

Branch after a few years, and a few injuries, and not playing up to expectations, learned that NE isn't such a bad place to be and he came back for a discount.

It seems like Moss learned that lesson in a few weeks.

Its really easy for anyone - including us normal folk, to get content at our workplace, then go looking for something better. In an athletes case, something better is something that pays more since you assume the work environment is a wash. Turns out with the Patriots, its not a wash.

He was like a little kid who threatens his mommy about running away and when he gets halfway down the driveway he's hoping that dear old mom will call him back. Nobody's calling Randy. Good luck with the egomaniac throwing to you and your new lamebrained coach.

Is Randy wearing an all-black Red Sox cap in the interview??

Can't say I've ever seen a player wearing gear from the opposing team's city in a post-game presser before...:confused:

Yes, He was.

Gotta love this guy.....crazy as hell, but that's just Randy being Randy.

I'll always cheer for him.

Re: Verbatim: Randy Moss

And if he kicked a field goal he probably would have been called gutless. A TD would have been huge there along with them getting the ball back. The challenge was moronic, but I don't blame him for the 4th and 1, especially when you have Adrian Peterson. I expect Bill would have made the same decision, along with most coaches in the NFL.

No way- most coaches would be perfectly happy to kick the field goal, go into half time with a lead, and get the ball to start the second half. Belichick goes for it on fourth down when there's no better option. 3 guaranteed points in the first half of the game is a better option.

One of the things that I noticed in the shots of the pre-game was how Kraft made it a point to seek out Moss and how they seemed to be extremely friendly. I also believe that Randy talked to BB as well.

What is telling is that the Vikings didn't play better against us. Especially after Randy mentioned certain things that have become tendencies... That was one of the things that BB always said about Randy. Is that Randy was a great film guy...

Do I feel bad for Moss? No. He made his bed and now he has to sleep in it. He's the one who basically forced his way out of New England with his antics. They were Manny-like antics. Certain things can be ignored, but not what he pulled at the Kick-off dinner or during the game against Cincy. The interruption of the special teams huddle, well, it's bad, but Scott O'Brien could have said something to him. Or Bellichick at half-time.

You made the mistake of a lifetime Randall. And for what? Money and ego, nothing else. Now your gonna have to live with it.

This is what you accuse him off even though he had publicly stated that he wanted to retire a Patriot and that money wasn't an issue? Jeez! Wonder what your take on Mankins is.

And correct me if I am wrong - didn't Moss adjust his contract for a lower amount even earlier?

Instead of "nothing else", you could have been more objective by mentioning more plausible reasons such as insecurity, lack of response from the FO etc. But then, no way we can expect fans to be rational when they already dislike a player intensely.

Whats funnny to me is people on here you say that they dont want Moss back are the same people who will sware they've always wanted him back if next season Him, Branch, Welker and Tate set NFL records and become the best WR group in nfl history.

Exactly.... The same people who hated on Branch after he left.

I find it incredibly difficult to believe the Patriots traded him for compensation.

99.9% the other factors weighed in a lot more heavily.

Yes, He was.

Gotta love this guy.....crazy as hell, but that's just Randy being Randy.

I'll always cheer for him.

Does Brady where Yankees hats a lot?

seems he really miss the New England Patriots...

As a fan, I miss him with the Patriots also! I felt really bad listening to his press conference yesterday. He seems so unhappy where he is. The guy was a valuable asset while with the New England Patriots, and I wish him nothing but the best......

And if he kicked a field goal he probably would have been called gutless. A TD would have been huge there along with them getting the ball back. The challenge was moronic, but I don't blame him for the 4th and 1, especially when you have Adrian Peterson. I expect Bill would have made the same decision, along with most coaches in the NFL.

Your argument requires an alternate universe that doesn't exist. I guarantee you Bill does not make that decision, he'll take the lead in a 7-7 game any day. It's not like this was a 4th and 1 to win the game, it was end of the first half. An absolutely horrible call, just pitiful.

Last edited:

I find it incredibly difficult to believe the Patriots traded him for compensation.

99.9% the other factors weighed in a lot more heavily.

A high 3rd round pick isn't terrible compensation.

Your argument requires an alternate universe that doesn't exist. I guarantee you Bill does not make that decision, he'll take the lead in a 7-7 game any day. It's not like this was a 4th and 1 to win the game, it was end of the first half. An absolutely horrible call, just pitiful.

Right. Go into the locker room at halftime with the lead in a low scoring game, knowing the ball is yours at 2nd half kickoff. Use the 20 minutes as an energy sustaining reinforcement of your game plan. The pressure is all on the Patriots in that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore