PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss hasn't faced a guy like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup this ****** needs to learn some history.

My memories of Mike Haynes are from when he and Lester "The Molester" Hayes shut down the 80's version of the Greatest Show on Turf when the Raiders beat the Redskins 38-9 in Superbowl 18. They shut down the fun bunch with old fashioned man on man coverage.

The Redskins had a CB who wasn't too shabby either by the name of Darrell Green. Funny thing is he could probably still outrun half the CB's in the league now.

Deion Sanders is not the be all end all of CB's. He just gets the most press because he has the biggest mouth.
Unlike Sanders, these other corner backs were not afraid of contact, in fact, they enjoyed it.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. First he insinuates that Moss has never faced a CB as good as Cromartie. Then he calls Jammer a shut-down corner. THEN he says that Tom Brady throws an inaccurate deep ball. What a freakin dunce.

Oh my now some guy acting like Maroney is a scrub. ROFL this may be the biggest display of idiocy I've ever seen. No wonder the Chargers can't sell out playoff games. The fans are too dumb to even find their way to the stadium without getting lost and ending up in Mexico.

Last edited:
Isn't that what I said? An upright RB could run over a DB and if he reaches the next level he'll get big yardage. If he gets caught at the line he can't power his way because his size and strength is negated by someone who is larger than he is. If the LB's are keying pass and the DE's and DT's are pass rushing, let alone the Jags didn't blitze once all game, I'de expect Moroney to have a great game if they can't stop Brady. Your offense was better with Sammy Morris.

You just lost any integrity you might have had. The Pats offense was NOT better with Morris as the lead back. It was better when it had both Maroney and Morris.

ok, sir, could you provide me with Moroney's stats in the first half when the game was close? To play the Pats a unique defense is required. The Jags didn't blitze all game and played nickel and dime on first down on many occasions. The Cowboys and the Packers don't get to see the types of defenses that the Pats see out of pure respect for Brady. Maroney is a product of the most prolific pass attack in NFL history. Sadly, your run game lacks. I figured it was just a well known fact that Maroney runs upright and Morris was just the better RB. I mean, look at the way he runs, it looks like he's staring at the sky.

You clearly didn't watch the game. Maroney was running with lean the entire game.

Maroney was 11 for 49 yards in the 1st half. Which is pretty damn good considering that Jax is a damn good run defense.

Your statements regarding Maroney are laughable.

I'm sure Jerry Rice has something to say about the best of all time.

Numbers are ALWAYS fudged in the NFL. My gf is 5'3 and Sproles isn't much taller than she is and he's listed at 5'7. no way is that possible.

Sproles was 5'6 at the Combine. Those are the official numbers. He could have grown, but not likely.

Cromartie wears "soccer" cleats. That makes him gay in America doesn't it? The question is not about Moss. Moss comes, sees and conquers. Simple as that. The question is wether Cromartie can handle Moss should they match up.

I'll answer that for you...

No.

Last edited:
The Chargers will elect to bump Moss and give safety help over the top like every team has the second half. I don't know if they move Cromartie.

I think the interesting match-up is actually how the Chargers are going to handle Welker. They could put Jammer over him and try to jam him at the line much like the Ravens did. The issue there is if Jammer misses and Welker is allowed to run free he cannot stick with him. This is especially dangerous for the Chargers if they blitz. The second option is to put Weddle, he has come on as much as Cromartie has, on him and then use the linebackers to bracket him. The issue here is if you put that much emphasis on Welker and then do the same to Moss you're leaving Watson, Stallworth, Gaffney, or Maroney free.

The media outlets are focusing on what Moss did to the Chargers week two but Watson and Welker had very big games as well. I'm very interested to see how the Chargers try to handle them.

The Jags didn't blitze all game and played nickel and dime on first down on many occasions.

Sure they did. The one time they blitzed, Brady hit Stallworth on the deep one.

Think SD will try it?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes