PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss hasn't faced a guy like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
because you were HIGHLY motivated to preserve Belicheks name in week 3 after the spygate incident. You had something to prove to the league.
Perhaps so, but it was Week 2.
After embarrassing the Chargers twice you def have something to worry about because the Chargers ARE better than they were in week 3.
Outside of adding the horrifically overrated Chris Chambers (we used to see him twice a year, we know); how are you "Better"?
We have won 8 in a row pretty convincingly and we beat the Colts twice during that run.
Let's see who else is in that streak:
5-11 Baltimore
4-12 Kansas City
9-7 Tennessee (Twice)
7-9 Detroit
7-9 Denver
4-12 Oakland
The two wins (Home and Home) with Indianapolis are impressive. The rest? Meh.

Yeah, we DESERVE to be here.
Very true.
It was not a gift.
It was not.
We're, arguably, the second best team in the league and we're meeting you close to our peak (although I think we could play much better considering our talent).
I would say the final 4 rank as such:

1) New England
2) Green Bay
3) San Diego
4) New York

I suppose your could argue 2/3. I don't understand why all the Chargers fans (not just yourself) continue to bring up your "talent". Talent, as the Patriots (and the Colts for that matter) have proven since 2001, really doesn't mean much. The most talented team doesn't always win. There are several other factors involved, not the least of which are Coaching and Team Cohesion. I'd give the Patriots the nod in both categories. I understand the Chargers are talented, and aren't the Dolphins. No one is saying you are. Just forgive us Patriots fans if we don't think it's as big a deal as you do.
My point is is that the score is going to start 0-0 and we'll see how it winds up after the game.
This just reminded me of Herm Edwards' "You play to win the game...Hello?"
Any more cliches you were looking to throw out here?
Week 3 means nothing.
Especially since the Patriots played Buffalo.
That said, I think a dominating 38-14 performance means quite a bit; if nothing else it helps in terms of preparation, and the Patriots Coaching Staff knows now what weaknesses were exploited the best.

I could look up what Belichick's record is when facing a team the second time in a season, but I don't feel like it. Suffice it to say, there aren't many losses there.

Okay junior, time for some education. First of all, let's get the facts straight.

Profile:

Randy Moss is 6'4" and 210 lbs.

Antonio Cromartie is 6'2" and 203 lbs.

Advantage: Moss

40-Yard Dash:

Moss in Pre-Trade Patriots Tryouts: 4.29 (Link)

Cromartie: 4.44 (Link)

Experience & Football IQ:

Moss Years Experience: 10

Cromartie Years Experience: 2

Vertical Leap:

Moss: 42" Minimum Claimed, 51" Maximum Claimed (Somewhere in the middle)

Cromartie: 40" Minimum Claimed, 42" Maximum Claimed

Advantage (Accounting for Height): Moss

Moss has been drawing double and triple coverage for over 10 years, and is STILL making one handed catches that leave DB's running into each other.

This thread should be titled: "Cromartie hasn't faced a guy like this"

I think I'm starting to hate Chargers fans almost as much as Colts fans.

Last week it was Jax Vaunted Running game that could not be stopped. Well Maroney outgains them 122 to 65

This week Cromartie and Jammer are the reincarnation of Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes. Meanwhile, Pats juggernaught just keeps on rolling..........

:cool:

Okay junior, time for some education. First of all, let's get the facts straight.

Profile:

Randy Moss is 6'4" and 210 lbs.

Antonio Cromartie is 6'2" and 203 lbs.

40-Yard Dash:

Moss in Pre-Trade Patriots Tryouts: 4.29 (Link)

Cromartie: 4.44 (Link)

Experience & Football IQ:

Moss Years Experience: 10

Cromartie Years Experience: 2

Vertical Leap:

Moss: 42" Minimum Claimed, 51" Maximum Claimed (Somewhere in the middle)

Cromartie: 40" Minimum Claimed, 42" Maximum Claimed

Advantage (Accounting for Height): Moss

Moss has been drawing double and triple coverage for over 10 years, and is STILL making one handed catches that leave DB's running into each other.

This thread should be titled: "Cromartie hasn't faced a guy like this"

I think I'm starting to hate Chargers fans almost as much as Colts fans.

Now you honestly need to get your facts strait. You do know that the stats your throwing around is while Cro was STILL recovering from a torn ACL right? These are numbers from the combine. I would love to see Moss run a 4.29 at the combine where nothing is biased this year, or at least compete at the NFL's fastest man race. If they had a video available I would love to see it because he didn't even run that in his prime. 22 year olds don't run those kinds of number, what makes you think a 30 year old with a history of knee problems could run that? c'mon there's some bias there, you have to realize that my friend.

Last week it was Jax Vaunted Running game that could not be stopped. Well Maroney outgains them 122 to 65

This week Cromartie and Jammer are the reincarnation of Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes. Meanwhile, Pats juggernaught just keeps on rolling..........

:cool:

Yeah, cuz Moroney put the Patriots on his shoulders and he won the game for them huh? Sometimes a running game is a product of a great passing game. Brady being nearly perfect made Moroney look like he DOESN'T run upright.

Yeah, cuz Moroney put the Patriots on his shoulders and he won the game for them huh? Sometimes a running game is a product of a great passing game. Brady being nearly perfect made Moroney look like he DOESN'T run upright.

22 carries, 122 yds; 2 rec 40 yds 1 TD

If he "ran upright", the "physical" Jaguars couldn't tackle worth a ****.
Sometimes a passing game is the product of a good running game; especially when the defense is keying pass.

Perhaps so, but it was Week 2.

Outside of adding the horrifically overrated Chris Chambers (we used to see him twice a year, we know); how are you "Better"?

Let's see who else is in that streak:
5-11 Baltimore
4-12 Kansas City
9-7 Tennessee (Twice)
7-9 Detroit
7-9 Denver
4-12 Oakland
The two wins (Home and Home) with Indianapolis are impressive. The rest? Meh.

Very true.

It was not.

I would say the final 4 rank as such:

1) New England
2) Green Bay
3) San Diego
4) New York

I suppose your could argue 2/3. I don't understand why all the Chargers fans (not just yourself) continue to bring up your "talent". Talent, as the Patriots (and the Colts for that matter) have proven since 2001, really doesn't mean much. The most talented team doesn't always win. There are several other factors involved, not the least of which are Coaching and Team Cohesion. I'd give the Patriots the nod in both categories. I understand the Chargers are talented, and aren't the Dolphins. No one is saying you are. Just forgive us Patriots fans if we don't think it's as big a deal as you do.

This just reminded me of Herm Edwards' "You play to win the game...Hello?"
Any more cliches you were looking to throw out here?

Especially since the Patriots played Buffalo.
That said, I think a dominating 38-14 performance means quite a bit; if nothing else it helps in terms of preparation, and the Patriots Coaching Staff knows now what weaknesses were exploited the best.

I could look up what Belichick's record is when facing a team the second time in a season, but I don't feel like it. Suffice it to say, there aren't many losses there.
lol. week 2, week 3, eh what's the difference. my mistake.

The only reason why I made a corny cliche is because he said we don't stand a chance because you scored almost 40 on us last time. IMO that means nothing come sunday.

We do have the talent and we didn't have the coaching, that's why we changed our coach. We got off to a slow start and since then we've noticably played better and better. Each week it seems like we're learning more and more from Cottrell and Norv. It was probably them figuring out the players and vise versa. That's why we're better than we were in week 2. Plus, the wind is going to play a huge factor, assuming it's going to be cold and windy.

Actually, Cromartie's verticle leap is 46 inches. That picture doesn't demonstrate his full leaping ability but it gives you just a taste. Also, Cromartie is 6'3" inches and has long arms so that gives him an extra advantage over the typical 5'10 corners.

Cromartie's official combine numbers:

40 times

He did not run the shuttle/3-cone

His vertical was listed as 38 inches and he did 18 reps.

Cromartie's "Pro day" numbers:

40 times

His vertical was recorded at 42 inches.

Cromartie was the player I'd hoped New England would draft above all other candidates that had a chance to be available when they picked, so I'm not trying to badmouth the kid. That being said, let's not be pumping up his numbers, either.

Do you forget that over the last 8 weeks, we have the best overall defense? Our players have just gotten used to the new defensive coordinator and are playing good in all areas. Your team has a lot of good receivers, although all of them are not equally gifted as you claim. Moss is clearly the best receiver in the league and Welker is the second best, Stallworth is the 3rd best.

Over the last 8 weeks I believe it was, Jacksonville was the #2 scoring team in the NFL. New England surrendered 20 points to the Jaguars and people all over Patriot Nation were screaming about how lousy a job the Patriots defense did. This team is simply so good that it's held to a completely different standard than any other team in more than 15 years. While anything can happen, the reality is that this year has been about the Patriots being on a completely different level than the rest of the league. The oddsmakers seem to think that will continue this weekend.

Last edited:

you are a moron. Did you even watch the game ?

I suppose b/c of Lord Favre passing, somehow Ryan Grant gains 200 yds vs Seahawks too ?

That Romo to TO hookups surely opened up large holes for Marion Barber to gain 90yds in 1st half vs the stingy Giants D

doofus

22 carries, 122 yds; 2 rec 40 yds 1 TD

If he "ran upright", the "physical" Jaguars couldn't tackle worth a ****.
Sometimes a passing game is the product of a good running game; especially when the defense is keying pass.

Isn't that what I said? An upright RB could run over a DB and if he reaches the next level he'll get big yardage. If he gets caught at the line he can't power his way because his size and strength is negated by someone who is larger than he is. If the LB's are keying pass and the DE's and DT's are pass rushing, let alone the Jags didn't blitze once all game, I'de expect Moroney to have a great game if they can't stop Brady. Your offense was better with Sammy Morris.

You do know that the stats your throwing around is while Cro was STILL recovering from a torn ACL right? These are numbers from the combine.

Those are the numbers reported in the media. Find better numbers from reputable sources or shut up.

I would love to see Moss run a 4.29 at the combine where nothing is biased this year, or at least compete at the NFL's fastest man race. If they had a video available I would love to see it because he didn't even run that in his prime.

Wrong.

While at Florida State, Moss ran a 4.25 40-yard dash,[5] with only Deion Sanders being faster (4.23).

22 year olds don't run those kinds of number, what makes you think a 30 year old with a history of knee problems could run that?

Because he did it and MSNBC, among other mainstream media, reported it and Moss confirmed it when asked about it.

c'mon there's some bias there, you have to realize that my friend.

Says the deranged loon from the 14 point underdogs who thinks he's found the kryptonite to arguably the greatest WR of all time, who is being thrown to by the greatest QB of all time.

you are a moron. Did you even watch the game ?

I suppose b/c of Lord Favre passing, somehow Ryan Grant gains 200 yds vs Seahawks too ?

That Romo to TO hookups surely opened up large holes for Marion Barber to gain 90yds in 1st half vs the stingy Giants D

doofus

ok, sir, could you provide me with Moroney's stats in the first half when the game was close? To play the Pats a unique defense is required. The Jags didn't blitze all game and played nickel and dime on first down on many occasions. The Cowboys and the Packers don't get to see the types of defenses that the Pats see out of pure respect for Brady. Maroney is a product of the most prolific pass attack in NFL history. Sadly, your run game lacks. I figured it was just a well known fact that Maroney runs upright and Morris was just the better RB. I mean, look at the way he runs, it looks like he's staring at the sky.

Rivers and LeClassy Tomlinturd already ordered their thermal underwears. Watch them start to argue and fight before the end of first quarter as Pats roll to a 21-0 lead
You're assuming they play.

ok, sir, could you provide me with Moroney's stats in the first half when the game was close?

9 car 45 yd 1 TD, 2 rec 40 yd

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playb...by_play&season=2007&week=POST19&override=true

5 ypc, and 20 yd/rec, plus a TD. That's some pretty effective play.

To play the Pats a unique defense is required. The Jags didn't blitze all game and played nickel and dime on first down on many occasions.
Actually, they played Nickel (3-3-5) and Dime most of the game, rarely rushing more than 3.

The Cowboys and the Packers don't get to see the types of defenses that the Pats see out of pure respect for Brady.
Teams routinely run Nickel against Favre and Romo. The Patriots played almost entirely Nickel against Romo.

Maroney is a product of the most prolific pass attack in NFL history. Sadly, your run game lacks.
Maroney is a product of Maroney and the best offensive line in football. When the Patriots decide to run, they do, effectively.

The Patriots are 13th in rushing, 12 ypg less than the Chargers.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst..._YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

I figured it was just a well known fact that Maroney runs upright and Morris was just the better RB.
Don't believe everything ESPN tells you.

I mean, look at the way he runs, it looks like he's staring at the sky.
See above.

ok, sir, could you provide me with Moroney's stats in the first half when the game was close? To play the Pats a unique defense is required. The Jags didn't blitze all game and played nickel and dime on first down on many occasions. The Cowboys and the Packers don't get to see the types of defenses that the Pats see out of pure respect for Brady. Maroney is a product of the most prolific pass attack in NFL history. Sadly, your run game lacks. I figured it was just a well known fact that Maroney runs upright and Morris was just the better RB. I mean, look at the way he runs, it looks like he's staring at the sky.

Maroney caught a 33 yard pass in the first quarter (10:14)
He ran for 6 at 9:03
Another 6 at 6:26
No gain at 1:27
9 yards at :52
No gain at :08

Second quarter
Maroney scores from the 1 at 15:00
Maroney short pass for 7 at 7:42
-1 at 6:39
6 yards at 3:59
6 more at 3:15
9 yards at 1:16

So, in the first half, Maroney ran for 42 yards on 10 carries, had a touchdown and caught 2 passes for 40 yards.

3rd quarter
2 yards at 14:18
5 yards at 13:00
22 yards at 11:20

New England scores to make it 21-14. Jacksonville then kicks a fg to make it 21-17. NE ball again:

29 yards at 3:37
11 yards at 3:02

3rd quarter totals: 5 carries for 69 yards

Total numbers through 3 quarters (assuming I didn't miss any in the play-by-play and didn't botch the math), with the game clearly still 'close':

15 carries for 111 yards, 2 catches for 40 yards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye