PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Morris and Watson out two weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, that article does not say anything about working out Barlow.

Also, that article does not say anything about working out Barlow.

Which one? I just clicked on the link to Patriotsinsiders again and it says that we did workout Barlow on Monday. :confused:

Those links aren't what you would call reliable. Even though they might be out, I would wait until Wednesday before believing anything.

I did say FWIW. I don't trust info from any other source than Reiss. When he reports it this thing might have legs. However, if the injury to Morris is severe enough that he misses significant time, it would make sense for the Pats to look for other options. You are right about one thing, we won't know anything until Wednesday.

if i remember correctly, barlow wasnt all that bad...

I love how Reiss uses the word "sense." Just what the hell does that mean. Is there any evidence to back this up, or is this just Reiss' intuition at work here? Not buying what he's selling here quite yet.

In his case "sense" means he has some information, but it's not solid yet.

For other reporters "solid information from a source who should know" means they're just making it up.:D

Reiss is rarely wrong on these issues. His "sense" going into last weeks games included:

* Koppen would play.

* AD would play, but not as many plays as he had been prior.

* Maroney would miss another game.

All three nailed.

Reiss gets actual information from the team. No one else does.

In his case, I would think it means he actually heard something, but injuries and team policy being what they are, he doesn't want to be definitive.

I did say FWIW. I don't trust info from any other source than Reiss. When he reports it this thing might have legs. However, if the injury to Morris is severe enough that he misses significant time, it would make sense for the Pats to look for other options. You are right about one thing, we won't know anything until Wednesday.

LPF, you must be a subscriber. Can you give us an idea of the wording of the Barlow article please?

LPF, you must be a subscriber. Can you give us an idea of the wording of the Barlow article please?

It just says that they worked him out on Monday. That's it. Reiss is now reporting the same thing in his blog

No one else gets actual information from the team? You must be kidding. Reiss had great sources and analysis, but he is not the only one with sources on the team.

Reiss gets actual information from the team. No one else does.

In his case, I would think it means he actually heard something, but injuries and team policy being what they are, he doesn't want to be definitive.

Is there any player whom BB hasn't praised? I think BB always speaks highly of all players in public, regardless of whether he has just cut them or if he just signed them or if they are next week's opponents or played 100 years ago.

Freddy Mitchell ? :)

No one else gets actual information from the team? You must be kidding. Reiss had great sources and analysis, but he is not the only one with sources on the team.

I'm not really kidding. Which other Boston reporter has solid sources "on the team".

Tomase has sources around local hospitals or MRI units, but he obviously anniys BB and, in case you haven't noticed, blabbing is strongly discouraged on this team.

Give me a name and I'll give you my opinion of their access based on what they write.

There are some national guys, no doubt.

Last edited:
I'm not really kidding. Which other Boston reporter has solid sources "on the team".

Tomase has sources around local hospitals or MRI units, but he obviously anniys BB and, in case you haven't noticed, blabbing is strongly discouraged on this team.

Give me a name and I'll give you my opinion of their access based on what they write.

There are some national guys, no doubt.
reiss really doesnt break stories hes just the first to post them no one has sources around this team, in fact shefter breaks most of the stories

Tomase SEEMS to have sources to get stories...and I am NOT sure how helpful/unhelpful that really is...OK..the speculation of time out is some...that annoys the coach...I am with teh coach on this..but I must give Tomase credit...

Why are people saying Tomase's saturday report was correct?

He said Maroney had already been ruled out. Frankly, I believe that was incorrect.

Tomase has sources around local hospitals or MRI units,
It would be against the law (privacy acts) to let out medical information. No medical employee would do it or they would lose their job. I doubt he gets his information from such sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News