PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monday Night Football on Propaganda Sports News Network:Scum of the Earth vs Charmin Soft Cry Babies

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is this as bad as the butt-fumble?

• Hell yeah. Definitely a low-light for a scum-bag team

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • No. Nothing comes close or is as clownish as the butt fumble... LET THE LEGEND LIVE ON!!

Votes: 47 94.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-wasnt-a-fluke-in-win-over-indianapolis-colts

Consider these facts:
  • Through two games, the Jets' defensive passer rating is 62.9, which will be third-best in the NFL.
  • The Jets have given up 17 points on defense, No. 1 in the NFL through two games.
  • In the Andrew Luck era, the Colts have never been held to seven points at home.
  • The Colts only made it into Jets territory once in the first half and four times over the course of the whole game.
  • The Colts didn't score until the fourth quarter, and went a span of 80 minutes and 22 seconds of game clock between points given up on defense (field goal with 3:29 remaining in the second quarter in Week 1; touchdown at 10:07 remaining in the fourth quarter in Week 2).
Chub, I'm not sure what your point is. All my comments concerned the Jets offense. I already . acknowledged that their Defense looked great. In fact you'd have to be dumb as a Jet fan not to see that.

The Bad News :
They have 3 very good CB''s. I like what I saw in Skrine

Their DL is outstanding and Richardson will be back. Another big test for our "little 3", and I don't think Bowles is going to let them off like Rex did. Lots of pressure. Lots of mental confusion.Lots of Blitzing from all over

The Good news - This is going to be another tough to run game where you spread them then gash them. I'm sure the Jets will prepare hard for the Buffalo offense, so Josh will add wrinkles.

The bad News. Marshall/Decker, Ivory, etc is a good skill group. Their OL is experienced, big, and excellent pass blockers. I worry a bit (on the bad side) about Fitzpatrick. I wouldn't want him as my QB for 16 games, but for a few, he can have is moments as we've seen

The Good New - BB has the book on Gailey (which in brief is he'll alternately (try to spread you and pound you (what, wait a minute ;) ) Throws to backs and TEs underneath/.

Only scoring 20 against that D with 5 TO's is shocking. As well as the fact that they didn't seem to be able to run the ball well ( Against the COLTS! :eek:) That surprised me

BOTTOM LINE - I think it will take our A game to score 30+. We won't have the luxury of dropping 5 balls, missing open men, or holding the ball more. We have to be at a better level in the run game to provide at least the semblance of balance, and to give us some clock control. And we cannot turn the ball over.

Fortunately I don't think we'll need to score 30 to win, By then the defense will be that much tighter, and infinitely better than what the Colts offered. the first game is at home, after a 2 game road trip so we should be good

Last edited:
Luck had three picks and could have had 2 more. For reference, including playoffs, he has thrown two or more interceptions in 6 of his last nine games.. Brady has thrown 2 or more in 6 of his last 41 games....
Luck's int % is actually rising the longer he is in the league. He is turning into a combination of Jump Ball Joe Flacco (hope for the PI penalty) with the decision making ability of Mark Sanchez...not a good combo.... and the media anointed this guy the next great one.....????

IF RG3 opened the season with the same numbers And results that Luck just did, they would be calling for his release. (ops, they already are). last night they did a twenty minute segment on how great Luck is, and I'm thinking, if he is so great, how come the Pats have abused him every time they have played him?

the short answer is a) he plays in the weakest division in football,Tennessee and Jacksonville picked 2nd and 3rd in the draft. No team in that division has had an established competent starting QB for his entire tenure at Indy. b) they (media/NFL) WANT him to be great, so they talk him up. Look if I had the #1 pick that year, I would have taken Luck too, he is good, but he is not even Joe Flacco at this point.

Luck had three picks and could have had 2 more. For reference, including playoffs, he has thrown two or more interceptions in 6 of his last nine games.. Brady has thrown 2 or more in 6 of his last 41 games....
Luck's int % is actually rising the longer he is in the league. He is turning into a combination of Jump Ball Joe Flacco (hope for the PI penalty) with the decision making ability of Mark Sanchez...not a good combo.... and the media anointed this guy the next great one.....????
So you're saying he's the next Brett Favre? I agree.

Now that I see the Jests at 2--0, I guess I'd rather that they were 1--1 and we had a chance to put some daylight between ourselves and the rest of the division...BUT...it sure is nice to wonder how "salty" Andrew Luck is feeling this morning, ain't it?

Neither the jests or the jills made Luck look as bad as the Pats did in the AFCC game.

IF RG3 opened the season with the same numbers And results that Luck just did, they would be calling for his release. (ops, they already are). last night they did a twenty minute segment on how great Luck is, and I'm thinking, if he is so great, how come the Pats have abused him every time they have played him?

the short answer is a) he plays in the weakest division in football,Tennessee and Jacksonville picked 2nd and 3rd in the draft. No team in that division has had an established competent starting QB for his entire tenure at Indy. b) they (media/NFL) WANT him to be great, so they talk him up. Look if I had the #1 pick that year, I would have taken Luck too, he is good, but he is not even Joe Flacco at this point.

If the NFL* wants Luck to be gr8, then he is gr8.

It isn't up to you, or reality, to decide.

The only team that vaguely resembles competition for the Jets over their next three games is the Lolphins . . . they could be 5-0 when they play us! :eek:

The only team that vaguely resembles competition for the Jets over their next three games is the Lolphins . . . they could be 5-0 when they play us! :eek:

Agreed, and the green scum actually look to have made a good hire in Bowles.

At the very least he won't write cheques with his mouth that his team can't cash, a la Rex Ryan.

I'm not hopeful that the Eagles can take down the Rats at this time.

The Eagles look like the NFC version of the Colts, a team the mediots predict gr8 things for but who appear to be not up to the challenge.

That must be why Brady has historically struggled more against the Jets/Bills/Ravens types of defenses, then?

True....but this year they are starting the season with a healthy Gronk and the addition of Chandler bringing them back to a true two TE offensive threat. Chandler has not been as great as I had hoped but I think that will become more potent as the season progresses. Could say more about how I feel about this years offense but I understand that there are also counter points to it as well..

One thing that I believe does make a difference is that Brady does not have the pressure of getting that fourth ring hanging in the back of his mind. The Pats won the super bowl and in dramatic fashion. That pressure for the fourth ring is gone. I am no longer concerned with the possible effects of Defamegate with the exception of the possible mental drain it might have had on Brady which is why I am glad they have an early bye week this year. Mental rest at the beginning of the season.

I was concerned prior to the Bills game about the Pats Oline vs a good/great Dline but they seem to have held up nicely over the first few games. The Jets will be a challenge but after what I saw from their offense last night I am not worried. Ironically the Jets could not stop the run defensively nor could run the ball against the Colts Dline. I did not expect that.

Anyways I am not concerned about a team with a good defense because I know that Brady and crew can beat a good defense. OTOH I am not as confident in the Pats defense being able to stop a good offense although the Pittsburg game was a good test. We will see.

Record over the last 5 years

vs Bills 11-2 (one end of season garbage loss)
vs Jets 8-3
vs Ravens 4-3

At the very least he won't write cheques with his mouth that his team can't cash, a la Rex Ryan.

The Eagles look like the NFC version of the Colts, a team the mediots predict gr8 things for but who appear to be not up to the challenge.
Philly is in meltdown mode..They are staring at 0-3 and getting the pitchforks to ride Chip Kelly out of town if they lose......The only thing saving him this week from leading the news is that the Pope is coming to Philly and the city is going into lockdown/police state/shut the city down mode. If there was ever a game a team just had to win, this is it or the year gets flushed...Then again in the NFC East 8-8 could win the division....Who's your pick Weedan in Dallas, Redskins. Eli and his clock management?????

Gotta admit Mevi$ looked Great last night really wanted Cromartie in FA nice Big CB to replace Browner. The Jets have Great Defense but they cannot make us one dimensional we are using the entire field now.

Why isn't Kensil answering his phone?!?!?!?!?

USATSI_7493079_164908428_lowres-593x356.jpg

Not sure what to make of the Redskins. They did run all over the Rams' defense. Maybe they will do the same to the Jests.

The Pats used to expose people. Teams would start getting beaten by everyone after the Pats showed people what to do. I wonder if we are seeing something similar.
I have always felt there is something to that.

NFL tweeted out that Fitzpatrick has played against the Colts in four consecutive seasons...for four different teams.

Weirder than that, as it turned out:

NFL said:
Fitzpatrick became the first player since 1950 to start five consecutive road games against one team while playing for five different teams. He was 0-4 in the previous starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents