PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mitchell and Britt downgraded to out

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/10/2_downgraded_1.html

October 13, 2007
2 downgraded
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The Patriots have downgraded safety Mel Mitchell and offensive tackle Wesley Britt to out for Sunday's game.

Mitchell is a core member of the Patriots� special teams units. Last week, he played on the punt coverage, kickoff coverage, punt return, kickoff return and field-goal block unit. Look for receiver Kelley Washington to possibly fill some of those roles in place of Mitchell, who has been battling a groin injury.

Britt is a backup offensive tackle who has experience on both the left and right sides. He did not practice this week due to personal reasons.

No other players on the injury report were downgraded to out. Patriots coach Bill Belichick said on Friday that running back Laurence Maroney would be a game-time decision.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 09:08:13 PM

Not surprised about either....the OL will be ready...with most likely Koppen out..while Light will play..as if there was a chance BOTH were to be out, I think a move would have been made...

i gurantee Koppen plays

WTF is it with groin injuries this year?

Not surprised about either....the OL will be ready...with most likely Koppen out..while Light will play..as if there was a chance BOTH were to be out, I think a move would have been made...
Why is Koppen likely out ? He was back in at the end of the Cincy game, missing last week was likely more precautionary than anything.

groin injuries are the new hamstrings. remember last season when everyone had a friggin hamstring? I'm half convinced that when you see 20 guys listed with the same problem like that it's BS.....but whatever, hopefully ST doesn't go downhill without mitchell and the rest of the OL stays healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes