PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Francesa: Belichick can't surpass Noll or Walsh; Pats never a dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's infinitely WORSE without Russo--his blowhard tendencies have been allowed to really bloom and take over his show.

If Belichick Brady win #4, they take the top position historically. It will become so clear that any naysayers will be just comic, really.

And the road to 4 starts today.

Respectfully disagree. I know how he can get really blowhard-ish, but between that and Chris Russo picking the Mets to win 100 games EVERY SPRING I'll take Mike on his own every time.

Now when Mike starts talking NHL, there is some comedy radio! And then callers point it out and he throws a hissy fit, it's a real hoot!

Last edited:
The "Fan" is the only sports station I can get in my car in my area. The guy is a self professed Pats hater. He's not afraid to say it either. Its really hard to take anything he says seriously when his opinions are so biased.

To his credit, Mike Francesa has been relevant in a really rough NY market for YEARS. I remember listening to Mike and the Mad Dog back when I was in 8th grade. I'm 34 now, and he dropped the dead weight from his show (Chris Russo was an idiot and a complete Mets homer) and is actually better now than now having to put up with Mad Dog's "Yeah, I don't know Mikey..." every time Mike said anything.

That being said, Mike is a baseball guy and is alright with college basketball and the NBA. But take anything he says about football (unless talking about his Giants) with enough grains of salt to fill the Grand Canyon. While I do see his point about the Super Bowl losses, if Belichick can win 5 Mike's whole argument will be a moot point.

He does not watch any college basketball during the season. He admits this again and again. This has been true ever since his alma mater St. John's became irrelevant.

please please please, take what that mouthbreather says with a giant grain of salt.

people like him are why i hate new york.

He's infinitely WORSE without Russo--his blowhard tendencies have been allowed to really bloom and take over his show.

If Belichick Brady win #4, they take the top position historically. It will become so clear that any naysayers will be just comic, really.

And the road to 4 starts today.

This never would have happened if Russo was still there. (55 seconds in is priceless)

This is some of the dumbest reasoning I've read in a while.

This is some of the dumbest reasoning I've read in a while.

This is what they turn into after 50 years removed from namath & the hapless, hopeless Jests!

He does not watch any college basketball during the season. He admits this again and again. This has been true ever since his alma mater St. John's became irrelevant.

I don't live there anymore, I am just remembering what my opinion was back then. When I was in NJ for the holidays this year and heard him it was comforting, like a PB&J sandwich.

Who said anything about only winning 4 Lombardi's?

Please KILL this thread. It's just giving him attention. If someone on the street made a statement like this, you'd laugh and think they were stupid and unable to think logically, same thing here- there's no point in blowing this up. Highly rated radio hosts are always looking for attention.

Francessa carries a show from 1-6:30 pm, and he now carries it alone. He's great at what he does, but he has some blind spots, where his emotions get in the way of his analysis. One of those blind spots is the Patriots. As long as you know this, there's no reason to get all atwitter when he goes negative about the team.

Also, he's a Parcells guy and he despises the Jets, so the notion that he's doing this because he's a fan of the rats should die the death it deserves.

Last edited:
Who ******* cares...

Oh really ? Well ; MY BUDDY MIKE, says that BB is better than even Lombardi, and the trophy should be the Belichick Trophy.

I'll go with his opinion thank you.

Those of us who follow the Pats and have rooted for them for years know beyond a doubt they are a dynasty. A dynasty in my opinion breaks records and gets into playoffs year after year after years, with a few Super Bowl victories along the way. The Pats have been a dynasty for a decade and counting.

If measured by titles won, Superbowls, longevity, Belichick (and Brady) clearly belong in the same league as the other great teams, with or without the salary cap level.

List of New England Patriots seasons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of Washington Redskins seasons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of Pittsburgh Steelers seasons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of San Francisco 49ers seasons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have never understood the logic that missing the playoffs entirely, or losing in an early round makes for a better season than winning the conference championship; that is what the many people who opine what losing a Super Bowl means are attempting to declare.

Not to defend the guy or anything, but ...
Where do some of you guys live? Under a rock in Oshkosh? lol.

Worse!! My rock is now in central Jersey. But, ahhh, sports radio explains my complete ignorance. I'll listen to NFL on Sirius when it's free, but beyond that, nothing.

Francesa is a New York blowhard ... did he fall asleep again?

francesa-x-wide-community.jpg

Mike Francesa falls asleep on-air (VIDEO)

Well when Francessa was talking down the Pats to Simms this am he looks like someone crapped on his desk when Simms said that he thought the Pats had corrected their D problems from the past few years.

BTW while I have focused on Brady and his possible GOAT stats currently BB has a lot at stake historically also:

Tom Landry 20 16
Don Shula 19 17
Joe Gibbs 17 7
Chuck Noll 16 8
Bill Belichick 17 6

If BB wins the SB this year he is in the conversation with Lombardi as the GOAT coach. And is clearly the most successful coach of the SB era. Another 5 years like the last 10 and his numbers are off the charts.

Let the doubter stew on THAT.

Oh really ? Well ; MY BUDDY MIKE, says that BB is better than even Lombardi, and the trophy should be the Belichick Trophy.

I'll go with his opinion thank you.

If you asked Bill Belichcik who is the best Head Coach of all time he would always say Paul Brown. Don't forget Paul Brown built a powerhouse from scratch, and then had to rebuild its replacement as it aged,while keeping it competitve for the League championship.

Despite being fired, by a moronic owner, he came back to build his expansion team into a powerhouse before his death. So he built three teams into powerhouses, That is by far the best job done, in both our opinions. All the others merely rode a single great team as far as it could go.

In fairness Bill Walsh, a Paul Brown assosciate, did rebuild the 49ers into winners again, as a GM, but during the interim while rebuilding the Team, it regressed a lot.

Significantly he has helped build a Superbowl club as DC, under Parcells, rebuilt it into a three time Superbowl champion, rebuilt it completely while never falling to a "mere"10 win season, got them to a Superbowl while only partially rebuilt; and is on the verge of a Series of Superbowl championships as the third rebuild matures.

Now Belichick will likely pass the number of total wins that Paul Brown accumulated, next season. The accolyte approaches the greatness of the master. :snob:

If you asked Bill Belichcik who is the best Head Coach of all time he would always say Paul Brown. Don't forget Paul Brown built a powerhouse from scratch, and then had to rebuild its replacement as it aged,while keeping it competitve for the League championship.

Despite being fired, by a moronic owner, he came back to build his expansion team into a powerhouse before his death. So he built three teams into powerhouses, That is by far the best job done, in both our opinions. All the others merely rode a single great team as far as it could go.

In fairness Bill Walsh, a Paul Brown assosciate, did rebuild the 49ers into winners again, as a GM, but during the interim while rebuilding the Team, it regressed a lot.

Significantly he has helped build a Superbowl club as DC, under Parcells, rebuilt it into a three time Superbowl champion, rebuilt it completely while never falling to a "mere"10 win season, got them to a Superbowl while only partially rebuilt; and is on the verge of a Series of Superbowl championships as the third rebuild matures.

Now Belichick will likely pass the number of total wins that Paul Brown accumulated, next season. The accolyte approaches the greatness of the master. :snob:

Belichick will never take credit for being the best. He'll always deflect it to Paul Brown. That is the type of guy he is. And, as far as BB is concerned, he cares about SB Titles and winning consistently. He's done something that no other team has done. Taken his team to 5 SBs in the Salary Cap Era. Heck, he's made the Pats amongst the ELITE Franchises despite what Francesca has to say. How many other franchises can make the claim of being to at least 5 SBs? Green Bay, Dallas, Miami, Denver, Pittsburgh and San Fran. But NONE of them went all under the same Coach except the Pats.

Francesca is a moron.

Mike Francesa elaborating on his moronic stance today on his show...

"We go from Super Bowl-backwards. We don't knock guys for losing below the Super Bowl.

You want to give guys credit for getting to the Super Bowl and losing, we can't do that, because then you're going to elevate Jim Kelly to a very high level. He went undefeated 4 straight playoff years, before the Super Bowl.

You can't have it both ways. You can't either go forward this way, or backwards this way.

Plus, the trump card, no one wants to play it is, is the whole idea that the Pats haven't won since SpyGate. I don't really like to go there, but you do hear that, too. And all three of their Super Bowl wins were all by three points."

-Mike Francesa (1/14/2013)

This guy seriously has the #1 rated sports-talk radio audience in the entire country.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back