PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Floyd DUI Arrest Video Shows Him Passed Out at the Wheel (VIDEO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he isn't an aggressive drunk.

Guys with 6-figure incomes and no ability to call a cab, . . . truly sad/stupid. I hope he actually does have football smarts, cause bb says with a game plan offense they have to learn a lot on a short time frame and then execute with no hesitation.
He played for Weiss at Notre Dame. He knows most of the plays. He just needs to get his head out of his ass and play football. He hasn't done much since entering the league but with Brady he could resurrect his career.

Last edited:
He's pretty much ****ed. Goodell is licking his chops. THIS video AND he's a PATRIOT ? Guaranteed he won't see the field in 2017. What a friggen moron. Hopefully he learns the Patriot's way, wins a Super Bowl, and has enough money saved to get him through 2017.

if he plays nice, shows commitment to getting help and does all the right things between now and then, he'll get 4 games.....and hopefully some loyalty to the team that took a chance.....

wonder what his BAC was....and if a blood draw was done - specifically wondering if there were painkillers in his system as well (this is the NFL after all)

going to have to wade through a PR minefield at this point, but short term and long term from a football standpoint it is a solid move.....he COULD have some sort of impact this year, and it gives him a 'tryout' for signing next year.....the Pats just took a chance on him, his stock obviously plummets with a suspension looming and his reputation hurt.....could see a huge bounceback and incentive to sign a friendly deal with the Pats next year.....a one year prove it type contract in Foxboro also makes sense for both the organization and his career....assuming he bounces back personally; let's face it it could be a one time dumb decision (and yes it was incredibly dumb)......but purely looking at it from a football perspective, it could be a win-win

I would jump the gun and get em on a 2-3yr deal while we can, nobodys wants him, perfect opportunity to snag up the kind of elite WR Bradys been missing

I would jump the gun and get em on a 2-3yr deal while we can, nobodys wants him, perfect opportunity to snag up the kind of elite WR Bradys been missing

i'm guessing that's the idea, but the ball is in his court

i'm guessing that's the idea, but the ball is in his court

Seems to be doing good so far since he's been here so thats a good sign, if he was going to be a problem I'm pretty sure he would been out the door already

I'm thinking Bill knows or at least is hoping Floyd is at rock bottom and will help build him back up. In a football sense.

We're making a real Superbowl run. Guys like Floyd don't come along often.

I'll share this for w/e it's worth.
Someone who's football opinion I really respect recently told me he "wishes" the Packers would take chances the Patriots do. That they draft "choir boys" for the most part. It was an exchange about the upcoming draft and about no one in particular.

Trust me every smart football mind with a pulse knows Bill and Patriots are a perfect storm, lightning in a bottle held by Godzilla, once in a lifetime type of stuff.

I know it's not important at all, but I wonder if any of the cops recognized him?

Sorry man. I know you're a pretty reasonable guy and I usually agree with your opinion, but there is no comparison here imo.

Yes 143 is worse than 80. Just as 180 is worse than 143. But speeding on an empty highway at like 3am in Missouri doesn't come close to a DUI.

Any Jets who've had DUIs? Same goes for them. Especially if they were as incoherent as Floyd was here. That is easily a criminal offense.

We're just discussing the issue. Same to you btw.

I wasn't trying to minimize Floyd's stupidity. But I do think you are minimizing Richardson's actions. Both were reckless.

My threshold for tolerating or supporting players in these type situations starts with whether there was a victim or not. So in both of these victimless cases I hope they get their **** together and live a long prosperous lives, and in Floyd's case, filled with many Brady TD's.

My support or tolerance changes quickly once a victim is involved.

So what did THIS guy get?

Um, the name of a new dealer?
The first driverless car in Indiana with toll-free hookers?
Another dead mistress free pass?

I'm thinking Bill knows or at least is hoping Floyd is at rock bottom and will help build him back up. In a football sense.

We're making a real Superbowl run. Guys like Floyd don't come along often.

I'll share this for w/e it's worth.
Someone who's football opinion I really respect recently told me he "wishes" the Packers would take chances the Patriots do. That they draft "choir boys" for the most part. It was an exchange about the upcoming draft and about no one in particular.

Trust me every smart football mind with a pulse knows Bill and Patriots are a perfect storm, lightning in a bottle held by Godzilla, once in a lifetime type of stuff.

They are all calculated risks. Some players have a longer leash than others.

Part of me thinks if a player was exemplary and great teammate that performed on the field but was a capo in the Patriarca Crime Family BB would be fine with it.

BB has zero interest in being the moral compass for the NEP. His job is to win and win often.

We're just discussing the issue. Same to you btw.

I wasn't trying to minimize Floyd's stupidity. But I do think you are minimizing Richardson's actions. Both were reckless.

My threshold for tolerating or supporting players in these type situations starts with whether there was a victim or not. So in both of these victimless cases I hope they get their **** together and live a long prosperous lives, and in Floyd's case, filled with many Brady TD's.

My support or tolerance changes quickly once a victim is involved.

Floyd's actions definitely weren't victimless. He is now a Patriot because of his DUI.

Brady to Floyd has the potential to create many, many victims.

Myself included.

Seems to be doing good so far since he's been here so thats a good sign, if he was going to be a problem I'm pretty sure he would been out the door already
I'm sure he has a leash that's about 6 inches long

Even if he is a pats fan I feel no sympathy for his situation, he drinked too much, then he put himself behind the wheels of a car, then he passed out, he put everyone on the road at risk that night and could have been it for him an innocent individuals. With that said I hope this is a once in a lifetime mistake of him and that he learns from this and gets himself well and allow his family and close friends get past this situation.

Sheldon wasn't under the influence at all. Heck he was coherent enough to try to avoid the cops by pulling in a driveway or something like that. Dumb? Sure.

But Floyd here... he literally has no idea what is happening, while operating what is at that point, like a 6,000lb weapon.

OK, you just are posting seriously BULL$hit here now.

Floyd deserves to have the full weight of the law come down on him. No arguments there.

But your fantasy portrayal of what Richardson did (and for what he received virtually no punishment - 1 game suspension) is pretty shameful on your part.

You know the facts - you choose to not mention them:

1) Marijuana in car
2) semi-automatic LOADED gun in car
3) 12 YEAR OLD CHILD IN CAR
and he was driving 143 mph........................

Seriously, did you actually think you were going to fool people here with that?

Sorry man. I know you're a pretty reasonable guy and I usually agree with your opinion, but there is no comparison here imo.

Yes 143 is worse than 80. Just as 180 is worse than 143. But speeding on an empty highway at like 3am in Missouri doesn't come close to a DUI.

Any Jets who've had DUIs? Same goes for them. Especially if they were as incoherent as Floyd was here. That is easily a criminal offense.

See my previous post.

It was a 12 year old CHILD...............

In a car going 143mph, with marijuana being smoked and a loaded semiatomatic gun.

You know the facts of that case, but purposely "forgot" to mention them in your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Back