PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami's GM just slipped up and hinted they are going defense with the #1 Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about that. I can see Dorsey fitting in the 3-4 as a nose tackle.

Absolutely. Wilfork was a prototypical Miami 4-3 DT...and he is now the standard for 3-4 NT.

Really? You can see Dorsey putting on 30 lbs so he has the bulk to be a NT? I can't. Not and maintain his current abilities.

Maybe...or maybe he plays DE.

Re: OT: Fins' GM Jeff Ireland's slip of the tongue...

Does anyone but me think this is just a good acting job by Jeff and was set up by the boss Parcells to confuse the media,GMs,Owners and fans all over the NFL?

At least I think so,Parcells is a genius when it comes to being sneaky about things.

Last edited:

Does anyone but me think this is just a good acting job by Jeff and was set up by the boss Parcells to confuse the media,GMs,Owners and fans all over the NFL?

At least I think so,Parcells is a genius when it comes to being sneaky about things.

bingo.... trust no one

Really? You can see Dorsey putting on 30 lbs so he has the bulk to be a NT? I can't. Not and maintain his current abilities.

With talent that he has, he doesn't necessarily have to put on 30 lbs. and still contend for NT.

I'm not going to make a lot out of it. He could simply have said the wrong word, or if it wasn't a mistake he could have been doing it just to blow some smoke. Jake Long will be the Dolphin's pick as long as he will sign a contract both parties find acceptable.

This is going to backfire on him in a big way.... he better hope the team picking at #0 doesn't take the guy he wants.

This is going to backfire on him in a big way.... he better hope the team picking at #0 doesn't take the guy he wants.

scratches head...

huh????

What an idiot, these guys have a lot of problems and one player isnt going to fix it. Chances are there going to be making a top 5 pick again next year.

Yes - It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this is just a part of the gamesmanship that goes on.

Negotiations with JLong and Gholston are complete bluffs. I've never believed it. Miami has always intended to draft Chris Long, but they're not going to tip their hand because they don't want to spend huge money on him.

If JLong is willing to sign a hugely under-bid contract, sure they'll take him... if they get JL to sign a contract for money equivalent to the #3 overall pick, it's almost as good as trading down. But they know he wont. And when JLong's agent saw the ridiculous offer, it's no surprise that Jake immediately went public with "I dont want to play in Miami". Jake... no surprise: the feeling is mutual. You're a bluff, buddy.

It's always been suspicious to me that they talked about Gholston and never a mention of Chris Long. They're hoping that CLong starts to think about how much money he might lose by dropping to #6 or #7 overall.

And that should set CLong up to accept whatever the Fins offer after Gholston rejects his bluff-offer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft