PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami's GM just slipped up and hinted they are going defense with the #1 Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might've just slipped up with his words... although I can't explain the beet red part (if that happened). I would guess Gholston would be the defensive pick, as Dorsey just doesn't really fit a 3-4 and it would be strange to spend the #1 pick on a player who doesn't completely and 100% fit your plan.

So is spending a top-10 pick on an injured kick returner. :D

He might've just slipped up with his words... although I can't explain the beet red part (if that happened). I would guess Gholston would be the defensive pick, as Dorsey just doesn't really fit a 3-4 and it would be strange to spend the #1 pick on a player who doesn't completely and 100% fit your plan.

Maybe... Here's the youtube I just loaded. The video quality sucks because I am useless when it comes to making these things, but I figured you guys might want to see it.

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDomNvLWobk

Great work man! That deserves a Michael Holley "Outstanding'

Round of applause for that man!!!!!!:rocker:

I don't know about that. I can see Dorsey fitting in the 3-4 as a nose tackle.

Whoops...

Live on the NFL network Jeff Ireland was talking about the first pick and he said something along the lines of...

"...he is going to be a pillar of our defense for the next however many years."

A reporter called him out on it and said "Defense?? Did you say Defense??" He turned beat red and said "...or Offense." (DOH!!)

They have already admitted to be in negotiations with Long and Gholtson, so this is not news.

They have already admitted to be in negotiations with Long and Gholtson, so this is not news.

yea, JAKE long, whos an OT....

this is REALLY interesting....i think its either gonna be gholston they go after, or dorsey, b/c i just cant believe that that was NOT a genuine mistake...

but if they do pick one of those two, especially dorsey, we called it here more then a week ahead of time

Not neccesarilly. He mentioned a pillar. Could be Lot's Wife.

Could just be a vertical concrete contraption to hold up the roof that they're going to draft. I can see it now. "With the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select... a pillar".

Maybe... Here's the youtube I just loaded. The video quality sucks because I am useless when it comes to making these things, but I figured you guys might want to see it.

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDomNvLWobk

Thanks! I'm with you, that looked like a genuine goof. (Though I've always thought Dorsey was the best pick for them, so I'm biased!)

Whoops...

Live on the NFL network Jeff Ireland was talking about the first pick and he said something along the lines of...

"...he is going to be a pillar of our defense for the next however many years."

A reporter called him out on it and said "Defense?? Did you say Defense??" He turned beat red and said "...or Offense." (DOH!!)

I read somewhere that Jake Long doesn't want to play for the Dolphins, so parcells is going to his second choice - Gholston. I could see Chris Long going Number 1 too. Why would you not want to go first overall? I guess Parcells really low balled Jake Long on their offer.

Dorsey seems like he would make a terrific 3-4 DE ala Ty Warren. He has played DE a decent amount for LSU.

Thanks! I'm with you, that looked like a genuine goof. (Though I've always thought Dorsey was the best pick for them, so I'm biased!)

I second that motion! These coaches are not trained actors nor politicians. Sure, they will blow smoke by releasing some 'misinformation' to a newspaper columnist - but a speaking blunder and subsequent red face is hard to fake.

And it certainly fits Parcells history to pick defense with the # 1 pick.
Furthermore, - they are negotiating with Jake Long (OT) now - true. But if you want to negotiate a new car price with several dealers - dont you save your favorite dealer for last (to see what the others dealers best price would be first?).

I don't know about that. I can see Dorsey fitting in the 3-4 as a nose tackle.

Really? You can see Dorsey putting on 30 lbs so he has the bulk to be a NT? I can't. Not and maintain his current abilities.

HE is going to be a pillar of the defense. Looks like theyre drafting a dude.

Not necessarily. America is a sexist culture, and "he" has been used to imply a person of either gender. Although there are debates about what the Founding Fathers meant with "all men are created equal."

So this could just be a sexist slip up on the part of the Miami GM.

I'm thinking Chris Long's going number 1

OT: Fins' GM Jeff Ireland's slip of the tongue...

Got this off of the Cowboys Zone MB:

In an interview today here in Miami, Jeff Ireland made Big Bill very mad by leaking to the media that they were going after a defensive player. He started to backoff after the reporters reminded him of the remark that he had made. The radio station here were laughing at him about this goof. I hope someone has the full replay, it's funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News