PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami Fans must prepare to be under-whelmed this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonbuzz

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
There's quite a quite a mix of NFL fans in my office here in the great 'Garden State'. Quite a mix indeed. I sit at my desk in the midst of all these fans with my Patriots memorabilia and championship articles taped to the walls of my cubicle and I sit here with a subtle confidence. Confidence in knowing this years Pats team with it's own set of issues to deal with is still a pretty talented bunch and realistically could bring a fourth SB Trophy home to Foxboro. My point...

As a Miami fan walked by my desk last night, telling a co-worker how excited he was to watch the Dolphins with Culpepper at the helm and Saban leading them to the promised land, I couldn't help but blurt out "Prepare to be under-whelmed my friend!" Boy was I correct on that one. On top of Culpepper stinkin' up the joint Saban really needs to get a grip. Among other things learn how get a Ref's attention. Toss a red flag with some authority for God's sake! Make some niose! Run down the sideline and do a cartwheel if need be! There was enough time to get the Ref's attention before the snap if he really wanted to. Geez! Can't imagine BB tossing the red flag out as lamely as Saban's half hearted flip.

Dolphin fans can take heart though in knowing Saban's still learning about life and pressures in the NFL and it was only one game. After all...BB didn't exactly wow us with his record in Cleveland in his first head coaching stint now did he. Saban has time to get it right and turn it around...just not this year...not gonna happen.

Maybe we should just have one Dolphins-bashing thread? This is getting to be a bit much. Just a suggestion. :D

TNPatsFan said:
Maybe we should just have one Dolphins-bashing thread? This is getting to be a bit much. Just a suggestion. :D

I wasn't bashing...simply stated this isn't their year and their fans must be patient. They don't have the necessary personnel in place yet and the coach has more to learn. Many Dolphin fans came here and talked smack before last night's game. Maybe they're looking at things a little more realistically now.

There schedule is as underwhelming as ours.

No doubt when we face in week 5, they will be 3-1!

bostonbuzz said:
Saban has time to get it right and turn it around...just not this year...not gonna happen.

Saban may have worked for BB and BB may like the guy and respect his football knowledge, but Saban is not a BB clone by any strech of the imagination.

He loves the TV camera and the sound of his own voice way too much and seems to be attempting to short cut the process of rebuilding an NFL team with high profile trades for chrismatic but flawed QBs rather then taking the much slower but proven road of rebuilding the trenches first. He also does not control his players speaking with the press. These are but three of many non BB actions by Saban.

Compare Mangini's handling of the Jet's to Saban's handling of the Fish and one sees not only two new coaches in high profile markets but two very different approaches to the very same problems.

Mangini is much closer to "THE BB WAY" then Saban and if given adequate time Mangini will become our biggest rival in this division not Saban and the fish.

Last edited:
RAWKY said:
Saban may have worked for BB and BB may like the guy and respect his football knowledge, but Saban is not a BB clone by any strech of the imagination.

He loves the TV camera and the sound of his own voice way too much and seems to be attempting to short cut the process of rebuilding an NFL team with high profile trades for chrismatic but flawed QBs rather then taking the much slower but proven road of rebuilding the trenches first. He also does not control his players speaking with the press. These are but three of many non BB actions by Saban.

Compare Mangini's handling of the Jet's to Saban's handling of the Fish and one sees not only two new coaches in high profile markets but two very different approaches to the very same problems.

Mangini is much closer to "THE BB WAY" then Saban and if given adequate time Mangini will become our biggest rival in this division not Saban and the fish.

They are mammals the Dolphins I don't know about the players.

Last edited:
Born_a_Patriot said:
They are mammals the Dolphins I don't know about the players.

Touche;

If it quacks like a duck and it walks like a duck.....you get the drift. LOL

Come on mods, merge all this dolphin crap into one thread. i wanna talk about the PATS vs the BILLS!

sarge said:
There schedule is as underwhelming as ours.

No doubt when we face in week 5, they will be 3-1!

That's what I'm saying. I can't believe the way Dolphin nation reacts after a loss. Is your guys' board as nuts as Finheaven after a loss. Good god it's almost like a refugee coming over here right now. There are at least 10 threads that say either, Daunte is a flop, Ronnie is not an NFL back, and there is no way the Fins go over .500 this year. It's seriously a joke. Last night may have shown that the Fins aren't quite there, but that's something you can gain throughout a season. If they win the next 3, then they're sitting pretty with a first place game in Foxboro.

TNPatsFan said:

Nope....we need many.....many threads......;)

RAWKY said:

Great post....couldn't agree more about Saban

Aqua4Ever04 said:
That's what I'm saying. I can't believe the way Dolphin nation reacts after a loss. Is your guys' board as nuts as Finheaven after a loss. Good god it's almost like a refugee coming over here right now. There are at least 10 threads that say either, Daunte is a flop, Ronnie is not an NFL back, and there is no way the Fins go over .500 this year. It's seriously a joke. Last night may have shown that the Fins aren't quite there, but that's something you can gain throughout a season. If they win the next 3, then they're sitting pretty with a first place game in Foxboro.

Aqua:

No offense,....but your team's fans (not you i gather) are the worst fans in the NFL.....they are total fair weather fans and many if not most, have already jumped off the bandwagon. I live in S Florida....and this A.M.....most of my colleagues that are "fans" of Miami are talking about "Culpepper sucks...he hasn't got it anymore....its time for Joey Harrington.......What kind of moron is Saban.....you've got to throw the flag earlier.....how could he not get the officials attention....etc etc etc....." This is.....the typical Miami fan...and they are annoying.....You seem to have your head on straight for the most part....In all honesty after watching Miami last night......they did not seem like a team that is headed for the SB.....alot of problems there.......alot to fix.....time will tell.....what do you think Aqua?

GO PATS!!!!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Last night may have shown that the Fins aren't quite there,
i thought you said you were 100 percent sure the doophins would win the division lol lol now your back tracking already lol .what a fool

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye