PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MG August 17 Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tavon Wilson has outperformed every starting safety candidate in training camp, spent the offseason training with Revis, McCourty and Ryan, and he played very well in the preseason opener. There is a better chance of him starting than him being cut.

I like what I have seen and heard, but you can't say that somebody who has missed half his chances in the pre-season has outperformed the competition, when the competition has played reasonably well, making solid tackles, getting turnovers, and not getting burned deep. I know Ebner and Chung have been beat on a couple plays, but they have had many more chances than Wilson, so that's not exactly a fair comparison.

Its going to come down to Finch vs Boyce vs Tyms vs Mallet. If we keep Mallet, then someone like Bolden will have to be cut to make a spot for a KR.

On D, I don't see how we keep Vellano and Smith unless we carry a dangerously low amount of lbs (although the 3-4 moves a few DE's to olb), in which case say goodbye Beaurhanous.

Its going to come down to Finch vs Boyce vs Tyms vs Mallet. If we keep Mallet, then someone like Bolden will have to be cut to make a spot for a KR.

On D, I don't see how we keep Vellano and Smith unless we carry a dangerously low amount of lbs (although the 3-4 moves a few DE's to olb), in which case say goodbye Beaurhanous.
What is a dangerous number of LB? or safeties for that matter?

DL - 10
LB - 6
CB - 5
S - 4
That's 25 positions. BTW, we play an average of 2.2 LB's. We need a starting 3, and a 4th positional LB. A 5th LB will get almost zero reps, barring injuries. The 6th LB will likely never get any positional reps. With 2 injuries, a DE would likely move to LB.

So, I don't see how 5 LB's would be dangerously low. Perhaps Beauharnais would be cut before Anderson or Fleming, perhaps not. In any case, it would not be "dangerous" to cut one of them. The 6th LB, a STer, could certainly be replaced by a 5th S (also a STer). Note that my suggestion above includes 6 linebackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call