PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: Jets/Cowboys postgame reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame the Jets have taken over as your #1 hated football team, you used to be a good poster that didn't talk out his ass... :rolleyes:

You won a football game. It didn't involve the Patriots. Why on earth are you not at your home message board celebrating with fellow fans instead of wasting time here insulting Patriots fans? :confused: Why?

You won a football game. It didn't involve the Patriots. Why on earth are you not at your home message board celebrating with fellow fans instead of wasting time here insulting Patriots fans? :confused: Why?

I was, to be honest, lately, some Jets fans have become worse than Phin fans, I needed to leave, the younger generation, PS3 playing, Madden playing wannabe QB's think they know it all, I needed a break.

This is a Jets thread, isn't it?

Why do you care that I'm posting?

Romo is NOT a franchise QB. He displays poor judgment on the field -- trying to test Revis time and time again with a cramped up limping Bryant as target. Romo also repeatedly displays poor instincts as his last minute decision to run at the goalline resulting in a game shifting fumble. Offensive playcalling was unimaginative. He should have ignored Revis and gone after his other receivers or TEs like Witten and Phillips.

All in all, Romo did all he could single-handedly to serve up this game as a gift to the Jets. If I were a Dallas fan, I would be beyond livid.

Romo is NOT a franchise QB. He displays poor judgment on the field -- trying to test Revis time and time again with a cramped up limping Bryant as target. Romo also repeatedly displays poor instincts as his last minute decision to run at the goalline resulting in a game shifting fumble. Offensive playcalling was unimaginative. He should have ignored Revis and gone after his other receivers or TEs like Witten and Phillips.

All in all, Romo did all he could single-handedly to serve up this game as a gift to the Jets. If I were a Dallas fan, I would be beyond livid.

And then laughed about it, Id like to listen to Dallas sports radio tomorrow knowing how serious they take their football down there.

I was, to be honest, lately, some Jets fans have become worse than Phin fans, I needed to leave, the younger generation, PS3 playing, Madden playing wannabe QB's think they know it all, I needed a break.

This is a Jets thread, isn't it?

Why do you care that I'm posting?

Because as a Green Beans fan you might consider yourself a guest on this board regardless of subject matter. And your response to Joker's post was unnecessarily insulting.

LOL at the Revis stuff. Some people are so far gone they can't even give credit to the best corner in the game. Yeah he faked that injury vs Moss last year and dragged it out for the next 2-3 games. No. He didn't. And he wasn't faking anything tonight. He's not that type of player.

I love how it was okay for Ty Law to play extremely physical press coverage but not for Revis. Please. Ty Law absolutely mugged receivers. And we all loved it. We loved how we shut down the Rams with extremely physical rerouting of WR's.

But now we're on the other side. We're the team that relies on a high scoring offense. The jets are the ones with the shutdown corner who is physical at the LOS. And all of a sudden now it's dirty, cheap, illegal, etc. Get over it. Revis is the best corner in the game BY FAR. Yes, he's even that much better than Nnamdi.

If he was on the Patriots you'd be talking about how great it is to still have a corner that likes to be physical at the line in the new-Polian-rules era of the NFL. You'd be saying he's a throwback and he plays the way the game should be played. But since he's a Jet, he's dirty, illegal, overrated, etc. It's ridiculous.

It's a shame the Jets have taken over as your #1 hated football team, you used to be a good poster that didn't talk out his ass... :rolleyes:
What did he say that wasn't true?

I'll take Revis on the Patriots any day. Don't know why we need to talk like he was Darius Butler out there. He got beat a few times. Everyone gets beat once in a while.

Cromartie is suspect out there though. Romo should have gone his way more often. Don't know if he was double covered or not but forcing throws to Bryant with Revis all over him wasn't a good idea. We'll eat Cromartie up when we play them. We'll eat up everyone not named Revis on that team. LOL at their safeties in coverage. :)

Because as a Green Beans fan you might consider yourself a guest on this board regardless of subject matter. And your response to Joker's post was unnecessarily insulting.

I've known Joker for over 10 years, he knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Romo is NOT a franchise QB. He displays poor judgment on the field -- trying to test Revis time and time again with a cramped up limping Bryant as target. Romo also repeatedly displays poor instincts as his last minute decision to run at the goalline resulting in a game shifting fumble. Offensive playcalling was unimaginative. He should have ignored Revis and gone after his other receivers or TEs like Witten and Phillips. All in all, Romo did all he could single-handedly to serve up this game as a gift to the Jets. If I were a Dallas fan, I would be beyond livid.

Thing is Dallas fans have been livid for years now, only they direct their ire at mostly the wrong candidates. Romo is what he is. Blame Jerry for saddling you with him. Romo was one of his draft binkies and Parcell's never intended to allow him to start. Drew forced his hand. Garrett has been the OC there for years and despite his QB underperforming at the worst possible time he continues after being named HC by the same egomaniac who discovered Romo to playcall him into predictable situations so he can blow any chance of winning yet again...

Dallas is beginning to resemble the Raiders as one of those franchises that is doomed to fail until something happens that causes a meddlesome ownership change...

palmatinejones-784936.jpg

LOL at the Revis stuff. Some people are so far gone they can't even give credit to the best corner in the game. Yeah he faked that injury vs Moss last year and dragged it out for the next 2-3 games. No. He didn't. And he wasn't faking anything tonight. He's not that type of player.

I love how it was okay for Ty Law to play extremely physical press coverage but not for Revis. Please. Ty Law absolutely mugged receivers. And we all loved it. We loved how we shut down the Rams with extremely physical rerouting of WR's.

But now we're on the other side. We're the team that relies on a high scoring offense. The jets are the ones with the shutdown corner who is physical at the LOS. And all of a sudden now it's dirty, cheap, illegal, etc. Get over it. Revis is the best corner in the game BY FAR. Yes, he's even that much better than Nnamdi.

If he was on the Patriots you'd be talking about how great it is to still have a corner that likes to be physical at the line in the new-Polian-rules era of the NFL. You'd be saying he's a throwback and he plays the way the game should be played. But since he's a Jet, he's dirty, illegal, overrated, etc. It's ridiculous.

Nice post!!! Refreshing!!

The rules were different back then, now you get a PI called for brushing up against a reciever. He's always got his hands on the reciever, hey, I think hes the best corner in the game and would take him on the Pats in a minute but he gets away with a lot of stuff other corners cant.

Last edited:
I'm an extreme anti-Jets person, but I have to agree with JetsFan1 here -- if the Jets and Sanchez were so bad, how come they won the game? It was an extremely depressing game to watch. The Cowboys dominated throughout, then found a way to lose.

But if you're a Jets fan, or even a neutral observer, the Jets found a way to win. They blocked a kick for a touchdown, something hard to do, and they kicked an unlikely 50-yard field goal after a terrible offensive series that just had to advance the ball 5-8 yards to make it a reasonable field goal.

And Revis made a great interception -- that was handed to him. Asante Samuel used to jump routes to make those kinds of interceptions for us, the difference being that Revis is a great defender when he isn't jumping routes, whereas Asante is mediocre at best.

Depressing, but you gotta hand it to 'em -- the Jet won the game. If Sanchez is as bad as everyone is saying, it will show up in other games this season.

I was also depressingly impressed by Ladainian. He made some great receptions, with really good YAC. Impressive at this point in his career.

I was hoping he was done!

the jets with rex have this knack for being in every game at the end

i hate it haha

Does Romo even realize he is saying the same things after every lose? Dallas is becoming sick of it. He better ask Gurode how Jerry operates

Last edited:
I don't get why people just continually rip on Sanchez and call him Can't-chize. Yes, he's been inconsistent in the regular season and yes the Jets have struggled to make the playoffs, but once he gets into the playoffs, he's been money.

He's gone on the road and won games. Even if the defense is the majority of the reason for why they've won, he's still taken care of the ball and made enough plays to get the wins. His TD:INT ratio is much better in the playoffs. He's been to back to back AFCCG in his first two years as a QB.

He was only a one year starter in college. He's not an elite QB and who knows if he will ever reach that level, but he's improving and will continue to get better. He's resilient and wins games. He leads comeback drives. I don't get how you can rip on a guy that has a WINNING RECORD AGAINST YOU. He's 3-2 against you as a starting QB. He beat you in the biggest game he's ever played against you during the playoffs on your home turf.

The rules were different back then, now you get a PI called for brushing up against a reciever. He's always got his hands on the reciever, hey, I think hes the best corner in the game and would take him on the Pats in a minute but he gets away with a lot of stuff other corners cant.

Exactly. The majority of Law's career and his best years were spent under the pre-"point of emphasis" illegal contact rules.

They did an isolation replay on Revis vs. Bryant and Revis never took his hands off him throughout Bryant's entire pattern. In fairness, they also showed a replay of how three Jet receivers were covered on a play and whoever was covering Keller just grabbed his jersey and never let go. Maybe this officiating crew is looser with their enforcement of that rule?

I'm an extreme anti-Jets person, but I have to agree with JetsFan1 here -- if the Jets and Sanchez were so bad, how come they won the game? It was an extremely depressing game to watch. The Cowboys dominated throughout, then found a way to lose.

But if you're a Jets fan, or even a neutral observer, the Jets found a way to win. They blocked a kick for a touchdown, something hard to do, and they kicked an unlikely 50-yard field goal after a terrible offensive series that just had to advance the ball 5-8 yards to make it a reasonable field goal.

And Revis made a great interception -- that was handed to him. Asante Samuel used to jump routes to make those kinds of interceptions for us, the difference being that Revis is a great defender when he isn't jumping routes, whereas Asante is mediocre at best.

Depressing, but you gotta hand it to 'em -- the Jet won the game. If Sanchez is as bad as everyone is saying, it will show up in other games this season.

I was also depressingly impressed by Ladainian. He made some great receptions, with really good YAC. Impressive at this point in his career.

I was hoping he was done!

You claim that the Jets found a way to win. Others would claim that the Cowboys found a way to lose.

If Romo goes to the ground at the goal line instead of trying to get into the end zone in heavy traffic,the Cowboys win

If Romo waits until his receiver turns around in his route,the Cowboys don't give the Jets FG position

Romo played for the Jets tonight...plain and simple,Romo did more to help the Jets win than Sanchez did

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back