PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Melt downs on Jets Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as the melt downs on the boards are funny. I live in NY State. Watching it live during the games at the bar is so much better than anything on the internet.

Not to defend the Jet's fans, but I wonder what this board was like after we lost by 20 by to the crappy Browns. I remember posting in a doom and gloom thread after the game. I said we weren't as bad as we showed in the Browns game, but we weren't as good as our 6-1 record showed. Boy was I wrong. The Pats are playing incredible football. One thing the Pats showed, things can get turned around in a hurry. The week after the Browns debacle, they dominated the Steelers in Pittsburgh. After the Cleveland game, I was expecting them to lose to the Steelers and Colts the next two games. Not only did they win those, they've won 5 in a row with an average scrore of 39-17.

As much as I hate to say it, don't count the Jets out yet, look at what they did last year. I think they were 7-6 or 6-7 at this point last year. And then made it to the AFC Championship game. The Giants in 2007 were 7-7 at the 14 game mark. The next year, the 9-7 Arizona Cardinals were seconds away from upsetting the Steelers in the SB. Anything can happen, lotsa football left. I'm enjoying the Jet's struggles as much as the next guy, I hate Rex Ryan more than anyone in football, love seeing him crying at the podium, but like I said, lotsa football left.

Last edited by a moderator:
, but I wonder what this board was like after we lost by 20 by to the crappy Browns.

And on the Jets boards there were links to this very message board with threads discussing the melt down on Patriots boards. Your point being?

don't count the Jets out yet,

not, I expect them to make the playoffs.

They aren't melting down enough. I want the Steelers to wipe the floor with the Jets. That should provide a suitable level of despair in Jetsland.

Looking at that picture actually makes me feel kinda bad for the guy. Having lived through Red Sox disasters from 1967-2004, I feel his pain. I don't necessarily want his pain to end, I just can't celebrate it.

Cue other posters calling me a "Tony Eason".

I sympathize with his pain, but I also enjoy it because he deserves it and I'm mean-spirited.

5256160356_e32d5920d2_z.jpg

If he had stuck with the Dolphins (he was a Dolphin fan when he was in high school and switched later in life) his day would have gone much better. No sympathy for someone who abandoned the team they rooted for as a kid.

Last edited:
They aren't melting down enough. I want the Steelers to wipe the floor with the Jets. That should provide a suitable level of despair in Jetsland.

I'm pretty sure the Jets are gonna lose to the Steelers. Unlike our turnaround after the Browns game, the Jets don't have a good enough offense to challenge the Steelers defense. Or the Bears defense. I expect them to lose at least 1 of their remaining 3 games, most likely 2 out of 3.

I'm pretty sure the Jets are gonna lose to the Steelers. Unlike our turnaround after the Browns game, the Jets don't have a good enough offense to challenge the Steelers defense. Or the Bears defense. I expect them to lose at least 1 of their remaining 3 games, most likely 2 out of 3.

Picture those boards if the Jets lose to both the Steelers and Bears, and end up needing a win against Buffalo on the last week of the season.

Picture those boards if the Jets lose to both the Steelers and Bears, and end up needing a win against Buffalo on the last week of the season.

Then picture them losing to the Bills.

831166-drooling_homer_small.gif

The servers for the Jets message boards will crash!

Then picture them losing to the Bills.

831166-drooling_homer_small.gif
If the Jets lose out, the Jets will not make the playoffs! With the salary cap back in play for the 2011 NFL Season, the Jets will be lucky to finish 7-9.

Or better yet...they need a win at Buffalo AND a win by NE over the Dolphins just to make the playoffs.

LOL, that would be too funny. You just know BB would be evil enough to lose on purpose. :D

Nah...I would be even more evil than that.

Monday PC.

"Well, that was a good win over the Bills. We have clinch the #1 seed. Great position to be in. So we are going to be using our next game to get ready for the playoffs. Try some unconventional plays you can't really simulate during practice. Try some guys out in different positions and formations. Really just viewing the game as a preseason game. Haven't decided exactly how long Brady will be in the game. Might even have Brian start the game so he can get some reps with the first team. Wes has asked about maybe doing a drop kick, if we have the opportunity we might try that."

Then beat the snot out of the Dolphins with Hoyer sitting on the bench while the Jets who spent the week not preparing because they figured it was hopeless lose to the Bills.

Borg said:
He buried a ball...and had lunches with Sanchez. What gimmick will he try this week.

46hemi said:
Bury Sanchez and have lunch with the ball.

Something I found in that thread. It made me lol

Hmmm, I wonder what the Bear's boards were like after Sunday. I know a few Bear's fans came by to talk smack a few days prior to the game. Did they ever come back to eat crow ?

Hmmm, I wonder what the Bear's boards were like after Sunday. I know a few Bear's fans came by to talk smack a few days prior to the game. Did they ever come back to eat crow ?

One did yesterday and was very classy about it....the thread is off the main page now. A Bears fan at my job also was very congratulatory to the Pats fans here today.

The fan melt down is a little sad really. They are still one game away from making the playoffs. With three games to go it is not a bad place to be.

I think this will show what kind of coach Rex really is. As of right now I am enjoying thier loses but I would be surprised to see a total melt down. I still expect them to make the play offs. Then i wouldn't be surprised if they win the first round against a week division champion.

Not to defend the Jet's fans, but I wonder what this board was like after we lost by 20 by to the crappy Browns. I remember posting in a doom and gloom thread after the game. I said we weren't as bad as we showed in the Browns game, but we weren't as good as our 6-1 record showed. Boy was I wrong. The Pats are playing incredible football. One thing the Pats showed, things can get turned around in a hurry. The week after the Browns debacle, they dominated the Steelers in Pittsburgh. After the Cleveland game, I was expecting them to lose to the Steelers and Colts the next two games. Not only did they win those, they've won 5 in a row with an average scrore of 39-17.

As much as I hate to say it, don't count the Jets out yet, look at what they did last year. I think they were 7-6 or 6-7 at this point last year. And then made it to the AFC Championship game. The Giants in 2007 were 7-7 at the 14 game mark. The next year, the 9-7 Arizona Cardinals were seconds away from upsetting the Steelers in the SB. Anything can happen, lotsa football left. I'm enjoying the Jet's struggles as much as the next guy, I hate Rex Ryan more than anyone in football, love seeing him crying at the podium, but like I said, lotsa football left.

Re paragraph 1: I guess its kinda like the Pats still driving the ball down the field with BB yelling at them when they were six TD's up in the fourth Q of the Jets game. Rubbing it in. Yep, that's what I'm doing. With the jets, I allow myself the pleasure since they rub it in to us when the shoe is on the other foot.

Re paragraph 2: count them out? I have them in the Playoffs,maybe as the number five seed.

Last edited:
lmao, if this is bad, wonder how the sanchez one looked !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back