PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media Predictions: AFCCG, Ravens at Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know what ... everybody on here used to love bert breer because he was the anti john tommose... now that he picks the ravens... which could happen , he is the anit christ.... he is not a pats homer anymore now he is a douche... great .....

with that said.. bert breer is wrong...

Really, dude? Albert Breer pulled a Mike Felger, meaning, he went from being the golden boy beat writer who was very well liked by Bill Belichick and the team, to becoming a contrarian who purposefully tries to avoid coming off as supportive of the Patriots. His transformation is clear as day, it didn't happen this week all of a sudden.

Last edited:
Without watching any of them:

Rodney - Pats
Bruschi - Pats
Sapp - Ravens
Faulk - Ravens
Mariucci- Pats
Sharpe - Ravens
Ditka - Ravens
Jackson - Ravens
Boomer - Pats

If I get any of those wrong I'll be shocked
I think Ditka will go Pats.

Really, dude? Albert Breer pulled a Mike Felger, meaning, he went from being the golden boy beat writer who was very well liked by Bill Belichick and the team, to becoming a contrarian who purposefully tries to avoid coming off as supportive of the Patriots. His transformation is clear as day, it didn't happen this week all of a sudden.

Its all driven team access. He rarely covers the pats as part of NFLN even though he lives in boston. The teams he covers most he starts siding with them. Like last yr he was big on the jets...

Its all driven team access. He rarely covers the pats as part of NFLN even though he lives in boston. The teams he covers most he starts siding with them. Like last yr he was big on the jets...

Yup. He's gone from metro west blogger breaking down x's and o's to teenager with a crush...on any jock or coach or league insider who will talk to him. Started with Tuna and the coaches of America's has been team in Dallas, transferred his affection to Miami when that group migrated, then when he came back here as an "NFL" guy and did his camp tour he fell for Rex's blather... The only thing to gleen from him is league information (which is spoon fed to him as it is to LaCanfora and was to Schefter and the crypt keeper before him). He has no insight (or access beyond what the league greases the skids on for him). Way too impressionable. Not to mention full of himself. His peers locally feed that, as if by association he makes them smarter. The childish tweets and OSU blather are indicative of the lingering fratboy mentality.

Albert Breer said on 98.5 that he is picking the Ravens. I think he even said that the Ravens are a much tougher match up for the Pats than people think. Actually, I don't actually have to listen to him to know he made that argument.

Also:

Of the ESPN "Experts", All but Seth Wickersham picked the Pats to win. Accuscore has the Pats winning 68% of the time in their simulator.

NFL Picks and Predictions for Conference Championships - National Football League - ESPN

All of the CBS guys pick the Pats
NFL Football Expert Picks - Conference Championship - CBSSports.com Grades, Odds

Over the course of the season old Accuscore outpredicted all the experts...

Yup. He's gone from metro west blogger breaking down x's and o's to teenager with a crush...on any jock or coach or league insider who will talk to him. Started with Tuna and the coaches of America's has been team in Dallas, transferred his affection to Miami when that group migrated, then when he came back here as an "NFL" guy and did his camp tour he fell for Rex's blather... The only thing to gleen from him is league information (which is spoon fed to him as it is to LaCanfora and was to Schefter and the crypt keeper before him). He has no insight (or access beyond what the league greases the skids on for him). Way too impressionable. Not to mention full of himself. His peers locally feed that, as if by association he makes them smarter. The childish tweets and OSU blather are indicative of the lingering fratboy mentality.

Spot. On.

Last edited:

Exactly. Wish we can get all his picks for the season..

This game still goes down to the pats defense.Can they stop Ray Rice.Can they limit the big play from the ravens.Just hope they dont commit turnovers like they did on 09

Although I agree that the Pats' defense is important, I think it comes down more to the Pats' OL. If they give Brady time, the Patriots win because they'll score a lot.

Although I agree that the Pats' defense is important, I think it comes down more to the Pats' OL. If they give Brady time, the Patriots win because they'll score a lot.

brady will be sacked 3-4 times iam quite sure of that.. It just depends how critical are those ..
Our OL has given up lot of QB hits and sacks this yr vs cowboys,redskins,eagles etc...

Here is sample of breer today on twitter

So they DO pay attention to stats?!? RT @Ravens Vince Wilfork on Patriots defense being ranked 31st: "We don't pay attention to no stats"

Kind of OT, but Breer was mentioned, and I just wanted to point out him being a douche on Twitter:

Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer)
1/19/12 11:35 AM
So they DO pay attention to stats?!? RT @Ravens Vince Wilfork on Patriots defense being ranked 31st: "We don't pay attention to no stats"

TheTweetParrot (@TheTweetParrot)
1/19/12 12:03 PM
@AlbertBreer @ravens kinda unnecessary to jab at him like that

1/19/12 12:16 PM
@TheTweetParrot @ravens I'm just messing around ... Vince is a good dude. Not his fault, but that one was teed up.

What's the complaining about? It seems like 80% or more are picking the Pats, when I thought it'd be a lot more like 50-50.

Add this one:

Nikolai picks the Pats.

Kind of OT, but Breer was mentioned, and I just wanted to point out him being a douche on Twitter:

1/19/12 11:35 AM

TheTweetParrot (@TheTweetParrot)
1/19/12 12:03 PM
@AlbertBreer @ravens kinda unnecessary to jab at him like that

1/19/12 12:16 PM
@TheTweetParrot @ravens I'm just messing around ... Vince is a good dude. Not his fault, but that one was teed up.

Teed up? So are half the things athletes say these days, if you want to look for imperfect grammar. Most people know you only make yourself look rude by pointing that stuff out, especially in public.

Golic picks Pats and in a big shocker NY homer Greenie picks BAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News