PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media/Players Picking the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike the Jags and the Chargers the Giants have an offense, something the Pats haven't faced in a while. Strahan and Osi will get their shots at Brady as well.

gotta love these clowns...week after week after week they appear on these threads and get BEHEADED,STOMPED INTO A BLOOD PUDDLE AND THROWN IN THE TRASH.

Smoking crack,heroin and ice is NOT a good idea, Thirsty Howler.

Greenie also went on for what seemed like 20 minutes today on Seinfield. Put in that context, what Greenie has to say really doesn't mean a lot IMHO.

He is a Jet fan.

He can't stand the Pats.

And I'm sure that he doesn't care for the Giants either...

Unlike the Jags and the Chargers the Giants have an offense, something the Pats haven't faced in a while. Strahan and Osi will get their shots at Brady as well.

After reading your reply history, I have concluded that you are the dumbest troll I have ever come across. Before you post garbage like this and the rest of your replies, please research and back it with facts.

IMO, the Giants would've never beaten either the Jags or the Chargers had they played, and to claim that the Pats haven't played a formidable offense in a while is calling out the very team you root for that the Pats played less than a month ago.

Keep picking the Giants- the more they yap about the great NYG, the better.

IndyKen, I agree completely. It's called the AIF, or Average Idiot Factor, and it's overwhelmingly NYG. That is GREAT! Bodes well for the boys from New England.

And he still has a job.

My sources tell me he has many pictures of "several of his bosses" with barnyard animals...........not that anything is wrong with that.....

I'm surprised about Mariucci. I always thought he was reasonably bright.

But you can't really blame these guys. If the Giants win, they look smart. If the Pats win, no one will remember that they picked the favorite.

Between that weasly logic and the guys who actually hate the Pats like Rice and others, it all makes sense.

Dr. Z's column could be boiled down to "I have no reason for this but I just feel it..." Thanks, Doctor. Great prescription.

And he still has a job.

Unfortunately 'sports journalists' don't seem to get fired for writing lousy stuff, see Borges, they only get fired for plagiarism, again see Borges.

Dr. Z's column could be boiled down to "I have no reason for this but I just feel it..." Thanks, Doctor. Great prescription.

Exactly. I'm beginning to think that the "Dr." doesn't even have any degree to back up that designation.
He certainly doesn't sound smart enough to have earned one.

Last edited:
Let's be honest. Dr. Z picked the Bills every year to win the Super Bowl back in the early 90's. Him picking your team to win is almost a curse.

He hasn't officially picked the Giants yet, but everything Merril Hoge is saying points to him picking the Giants. He is spouting his theory that every team that has played the Pats this year have played the Pats tougher the second time around. Funny, weren't the Pats accused for the first time for running up the score the second meeting against the Bills when they beat them 56-10 after beating them 38-7 first time.

He also didn't take into account the Pats totally crushed the Dolphins in both games and in the second game they abandoned the gameplan in the second half up 28-0 to try to get Brady and Moss the TD titles in front of the home crowd. I don't know how Hoge could ever argue that the Dolphins the Dolphins played tougher when that game was over by the end of the first half and the Pats were playing school yard football on offense in the second half.

As for the Chargers, the Chargers were a different team the second half of the season than they were in the first half. I bet they would have played every team they played in September tougher if they met them in January even with injuries.

As for the Jets, the first game was in perfect conditions and the second game was during a N'orEaster. I think the weather had as much to do with the Jets playing the Pats tougher as anything Mangini strategized.

I think Hoge is already trying to come up with any bogus reason to pick against the Pats. I fully expect him to pick the Giants when the ESPN picks are online later this week.

He hasn't officially picked the Giants yet, but everything Merril Hoge is saying points to him picking the Giants. He is spouting his theory that every team that has played the Pats this year have played the Pats tougher the second time around. Funny, weren't the Pats accused for the first time for running up the score the second meeting against the Bills when they beat them 56-10 after beating them 38-7 first time.

He also didn't take into account the Pats totally crushed the Dolphins in both games and in the second game they abandoned the gameplan in the second half up 28-0 to try to get Brady and Moss the TD titles in front of the home crowd. I don't know how Hoge could ever argue that the Dolphins the Dolphins played tougher when that game was over by the end of the first half and the Pats were playing school yard football on offense in the second half.

As for the Chargers, the Chargers were a different team the second half of the season than they were in the first half. I bet they would have played every team they played in September tougher if they met them in January even with injuries.

As for the Jets, the first game was in perfect conditions and the second game was during a N'orEaster. I think the weather had as much to do with the Jets playing the Pats tougher as anything Mangini strategized.

I think Hoge is already trying to come up with any bogus reason to pick against the Pats. I fully expect him to pick the Giants when the ESPN picks are online later this week.
Good analysis.

The Jets game was a total outlier because of the conditions.

Nothing can be gleaned from a game in which the pats were up 28-0 at the half and still one handily.

And the Chargers were indeed a better team by the time the playoffs rolled around AND the game last week was played under bad weather conditions.

And of course the Pats housed the Bills the second time around.

Is it not obvious to these numbnuts that the Pats offense was awesome in every game they played this year under good weather conditions with only one exception, the Eagles game. And it was somewhat cold and windy that night, too.

I think the biggest reason why the Pats were not an offensive juggernaut in some games down the stretch was that a precision, passing offense is harder to execute when it's cold and windy.

Hoge just picked the Giants on the Mike Tirico show. He stated that everyone who plays the Pats a second time plays them better and if it weren't for 3 stupid mistakes when the Giants were up 12 last game they would have won. Said they won't make those mistakes again.

Hoge just picked the Giants on the Mike Tirico show. He stated that everyone who plays the Pats a second time plays them better and if it weren't for 3 stupid mistakes when the Giants were up 12 last game they would have won. Said they won't make those mistakes again.

BINGO! I got BINGO!!! Was just a matter of time before that piece of shiit Hoge picked the Giants. Brilliant logic there, Merrill. These guys actually get paid for this analysis? Holy crap. Here's to kicking the living shiit out of the Giants.

"they won't make the same mistakes"...really, Merrill...brilliant.

I want everyone in the media to pick the Giants. I hope the media barrage is filled with Giants this & Giants that, blueprint talk, trash talk, and maybe even some guarantees. Maybe the Giants will even start to believe it.

Then the Pats can go out there an dknock them on their collective arses.

Gold Sheet just posted 31-30 Giants. All based on the previous game and how the Giants took the Patriots to the limit, blah, blah, blah...unfreaking real...

I simply have never seen such a big favorite (according to the line) getting dissed so much. So many people picking the Giants to not just cover, but to actually win. Are they serious? Do they really envision ELI MANNING holding up the Vince Lombardi trophy??? Holy crap.

:bricks: So much for the old "when BB plays a team the second time" adage. Guess Hoge just owned all of us, huh?

I'm 100% sure he's basing that on the Jets and Dolphins games this year, as well as the Chargers game. Sound reasoning.

Hoge wouldn't know logic if he tripped over it.

I would have bet my mortgage that Hoge would pick against the Pats. He's a long time hater. Keep 'em coming.

I would have bet my mortgage that Hoge would pick against the Pats. He's a long time hater. Keep 'em coming.

Looking back through Hoge's "official" picks on ESPN's website, he actually only picked against the Pats twice this year (the exact two you'd expect - Indy and Pitt). I agree he's not fond of them, but my sense is he takes those positions on-air to seem relevant, but then when it's time to put it on paper he usually takes the Pats. A lot of these guys do that, if they pick it both ways they can just point to the one that was right and say "see!"

Do they really envision ELI MANNING holding up the Vince Lombardi trophy??? Holy crap.

I shutter at that thought, but not as much as the idea that Hillary Clinton might win the general election!!!

At least in politics, we have a vote that may change such bad thoughts. As a fan, we are just spectators (unless we are fortunate enough to get SB tix.)

The Giants might get lucky, who knows? That foot injury/high ankle sprain has me a little nervous. He missed a week of practice, which is never a good thing, and who knows how he is doing right now. This reminds me of the whole TO thing in Dallas where everyone assumed he would play and be at 100%. He played, but he was not at 100%.

I think this will be a three or four point victory for the Pats.

Last edited:
Looking back through Hoge's "official" picks on ESPN's website, he actually only picked against the Pats twice this year (the exact two you'd expect - Indy and Pitt). I agree he's not fond of them, but my sense is he takes those positions on-air to seem relevant, but then when it's time to put it on paper he usually takes the Pats. A lot of these guys do that, if they pick it both ways they can just point to the one that was right and say "see!"

Good point. It's easier to deny one's verbal words, than it is what you put in print. He's still a hater. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back