PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media Hypocrasy Towards Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

iapatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Why is Peyton not being thrown under the bus for his play last night? Injuries??? This talk of moral victories is enough to make me throw up. When the Pats lost to the Colts in last year's AFCCG all of the talk was Manning getting over the hump. There was no talk of our defense missing 5 starters. No talk of Eric Alexander having to start the game. No talk of Seymour and Vrable getting taken out of the game. Just Manning's "greatness". I don't know how anyone outside of his own family can like this guy. He begs for every call (watch how many times he tries to enter an officials' huddle during the game), he throws teamates under the bus after a big loss ("we just had some major breakdowns in protection today"). He whines enough after a loss to get the NFL rules committee to change rules that have been in place for 50 years. As far as I'm concerned his ring should be frickin' tainted as a result of him not winning the big one untill they changed the rules to suit his "manhandled" receivers. nothing like getting rewarded for being too soft. The guy has choked at every level of football. I wonder if he ever asked Tee Martin how winning the National Title felt? We all know he would have no idea.

How many threads do you guys need on this?

This board is quickly turning into a board about the Indianapolis Colts. Who would have thought they would hold so much power.
;)

many times...cause it has been so unfair and uneven. pat have always played with numerous injuries. and btw..theoretically we are talking among pats fans

This board is quickly turning into a board about the Indianapolis Colts.

Its BYE week. We're lonely and desperate. I'm sure as soon as the GFY 07 tour begins again... it will go back to normal.

This board is quickly turning into a board about the Indianapolis Colts. Who would have thought they would hold so much power.
;)

1. It's the bye week, we had no game so cut us some slack
2. Polian's Ponies are the reigning SB champs in case you were touring the asteroid belt last Feb. So they're rightly the focus of those on a mission to dethrone their ass.
3. Lastly, it's SO much fun to pick on Goober

;)

It's called bye week. I got my weekly football fix watching the game last night, and I have to say, I enjoyed it.

Did any of you notice the ;) ?

;)

Who would have thought a Dolts poster would be on a Pats board with over 1000 posts?

It guess speaks to the lure of the Pats....and after reading....just reading...the threads on the Indystar msg board....ruled by Jurilla the Queen of Perditions....I can kinda understand why you feel the need to come here.

;)

indystar is the same with the Pats. there's little difference.

Yup, the media makes excuses for the Colts when they lose and glorify them when they win.

The media has a huge hard-on for the Colts. Saint Dungy and Prince Manning can do no wrong in their eyes.

Who would have thought a Dolts poster would be on a Pats board with over 1000 posts?

He's welcome here because he's a valued member of this forum and isn't a troublemaker.

We don't really have a problem with a football knowledgeable fan from another team coming here to talk football. This guy is cut from the same mold as Ryan the Colts fan. They both know their football, they both know the positives and negatives about both teams and they're usually making good points and comments that breed further discussion. They also have good senses of humor, a fine touch of sarcasm on occasion and a good feeling for what presents itself as irony.

They are head and shoulders above the pure trolls from other teams that just post here trying to piss us off with inane useless posts purely designed to rile up the board. I would also bet there are Pats fans that post on Indy's boards that also fall into these same basic groupings.

This guy is pretty levelheaded and I usually enjoy reading his different point of view. It's sometimes quite shrewd, ironic and barbed all at the same time.
:cool:

Do they have a Colts fan message board ? I don't know because I just stay current with my own teams. If I want another opinion on how people feel outside Patriots Nation, I just have to tune into ESPN NFL Live or Peter King or any news media.

;)

Just like the Patriots are the #1 topic on Indystar. Guess that's what happens when you're rivals. But at least we're not obsessed with one topic like Colts fans are.

He's welcome here because he's a valued member of this forum and isn't a troublemaker.

We don't really have a problem with a football knowledgeable fan from another team coming here to talk football. This guy is cut from the same mold as Ryan the Colts fan. They both know their football, they both know the positives and negatives about both teams and they're usually making good points and comments that breed further discussion. They also have good senses of humor, a fine touch of sarcasm on occasion and a good feeling for what presents itself as irony.

They are head and shoulders above the pure trolls from other teams that just post here trying to piss us off with inane useless posts purely designed to rile up the board. I would also bet there are Pats fans that post on Indy's boards that also fall into these same basic groupings.

This guy is pretty levelheaded and I usually enjoy reading his different point of view. It's sometimes quite shrewd, ironic and barbed all at the same time.

I agree with you. It would be awfully boring with just the opinions of Patriots fans to discuss. Workhorse probably has to bite his tongue often to remain here and be viewed as a likeable troll with valuable contributions.

He absolutely adds value to this board!

Because they played with a Champions heart last night

When did this happen? It sure as heck wasn't when they were on the football field. Did they really have a rocking dominoes tournament on the flight or something?

Do they have a Colts fan message board ? I don't know because I just stay current with my own teams. If I want another opinion on how people feel outside Patriots Nation, I just have to tune into ESPN NFL Live or Peter King or any news media.

No, there is no Internet in Indy.

It takes a truely special man to find fault in another's performance (Dungy's Timeout calling) when said man had one of his worst games (6 interceptions)

Yup, the media makes excuses for the Colts when they lose and glorify them when they win.

The media has a huge hard-on for the Colts. Saint Dungy and Prince Manning can do no wrong in their eyes.

That's KING Manning, get it right. He's second on the QB totem pole only to Lord Favre in terms of media fawning.

Thank you for the kind words and respect. Can I use your post as my quite in my sig? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference