PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MCI blasts Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup.

And he says they have set standard for measuring this year and have NO PLAN for the public dissemination of their "findings".

This is just another setup, folks.

They will make up some numbers that buttresses their court case and release said mythology to the public when they need to.

Why is no national media person calling Goodell out on THIS point?

Because they don't care.

What gives up there in New England? Is the media bull pen in Boston so completely barren that local media executives need to go cruising for "2's" when last call is announced.....1200 miles away.
Yes.

The 80s were unfortunately a long time ago. Anyone who's halfway decent in this market gets noticed quickly and goes National.

Newspapers don't pay. You can make just as much working for any of a couple of dozen decent sports sites.

decent sports sites.

TommyD4207 made a joke....made a joke...."decent sports sites....decent sports sites".......

Raymond: 'Course, the maple syrup's supposed to be on the table before the pan...
Charlie: Ray, ta da.
Raymond: Ha ha ha! Ha ha. Charlie Babbitt made a joke.

Last edited:
Yes.

The 80s were unfortunately a long time ago. Anyone who's halfway decent in this market gets noticed quickly and goes National.

Newspapers don't pay. You can make just as much working for any of a couple of dozen decent sports sites.

....and the only reason Felger has stayed is because he is married to Sara as he has had multiple offers to go national.

Volin and his "We only get one question" nonsense irked me. He could have been honest and just admitted that he lacked one of the following:

a. The intelligence to properly phrase a piercing question to Roger Goodell
b. The balls to ask Roger Goodell a truly piercing question
c. The desire to actually ask Roger Goodell a piercing question
d. Some combination of the above possibilities
I think the old standby, "All of the Above" works just fine in this case.

Yup.

And he says they have set standard for measuring this year and have NO PLAN for the public dissemination of their "findings".

This is just another setup, folks.

They will make up some numbers that buttresses their court case and release said mythology to the public when they need to.

Why is no national media person calling Goodell out on THIS point?

The same reason that no one ever interviewed Cassell, Hoyer, Mallett or any of the former QB's of the Patriots about this matter.. they do not want to know the truth and are content with false information that in their minds becomes truth..

It has to be piercing, because it has to be a question that requires Goodell to choose between actually answering the question or letting a serious charge against himself go uncontested in front of the national media.

"Roger, Why did you lie about Tom Brady in the your refusal of his appeal, when the commissioner lying about a player in order to uphold a suspension is clearly something that violates the integrity of the game?" makes the conversation about Roger being a liar and hypocrite, instead of letting him just safely meander down the 'integrity of the game' path.

Deus, these questions would be great to hear, I think you have my vote to be the Patsfans.com representative at the next Goodell press conference, I might have to fly up to see it in person. :D

....Although, I have to admit that having Joker ask questions of why Goodell and his other muckety-mucks are all former Jet executives would be fun to watch also. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back