PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Josh is a fine QB coach and a fine OC. He now has Orton to mentor instead of Cassell.
2) Josh unsterstands the need to surround himself with as much talent as he can get in his coaches and allows them to do their jobs.
===============================
Josh has indeed learned alot from Belichick. Perhaps Belichick now needs to underatand that being a HC does not mean taking an active role in everything and running every aspect of the game. Josh is young, inexperienced coach. Belichick is the best ever. Josh seems to be doing a better job this year.
=============

And no, I was not a huge Josh fan. I thought that losing Charlie was aweful. I still think that to be the case. However, Josh has proven me wrong. He did a great job for us and is doing so for Denver.

I said much the same in another thread. Maybe Brady is Clark Kent instead of Superman without McDaniels.

Orton looks all world so far.

Of course, the kool-aid drinkers and homers told me I was full of it.

I would have started my own thread by I've seen people banned for not drinking kool-aid. Trolls they call them.

Anyway, I'm glad to see someone else has seen it too.

McDaniels is a very good football coach. You can tell that he is well prepared and has the trust of his players, pretty good for a guy in his early 30s.

I still dont know what to think of his reactions after the game. I mean he did just beat his mentor and his team is 5-0. I like seeing coaches so pationate about their team, but I thought it was a bit excessive. It wasnt like it was right after the FG was kicked, it was a good 5 minutes after the game. I still respect McDaniels and wish him success, hes a heck of a coach.

McDaniels has a team that by all rights could be 0-5 (and should be 0-5 if pre-season prognosticators were to be believed) playing with a 5-0 record.

That alone has him deserving of credit. I attribute that less to his playcalling and more to his ability to put the onus on his team and their execution or lack thereof.

I put the same onus on the Patriots players which to their credit has won a game they might have otherwise loss, and must also take responsibility for losing a game they should have won.

I don't attribute the Patriots players lack of execution to the lack of McDaniels as a coordinator. I attribute it to the Patriots players lack of execution.

Good luck to the kid tonight.

What do you think his game plan will be tonight. Personally, I think he will be focusing on Rivers, getting to the Drama Queen or dropping as many as needed.

The Chargers go as Rivers goes...

I'd like to see the Broncos win and win big, tough assignment in SD though....

Good luck to the kid tonight.

What do you think his game plan will be tonight. Personally, I think he will be focusing on Rivers, getting to the Drama Queen or dropping as many as needed.

The Chargers go as Rivers goes...

I'd like to see the Broncos win and win big, tough assignment in SD though....

I like Denver in a shootout. Chargers D is a mess.

If you want to experience a case of deja vu, just listen to any of the Bronco players comment about their preparation for their games. Its like the 2001 Pats all over again. They can't say enough about the way they are being prepared. Vets like Bailey and Dawkins are being quoted as saying its the best they've ever been prepared.

I can't talk for anyone else, but I take pride is watching the PATRIOT WAY being utilized in the right way. I just hope he knows that he won't be as lucky the next time he faces BB. :D

IMHO, all the adulation is great, but the true test of a HC is what you care doing when you are faced with adversity. Josh at his best was when he was dealing with the Cutler and WR BS. That was when he REALLY showed his metal. Eventually he will also run into adversity on the field, watching him deal with it will be interesting.

Time to give Josh some real credit IMO

In 2007 he leads the offense that goes 18 straight and breaks all records

In 2008 he turns Matt Cassell into a 1st/2nd round trade inc 2 x 400 yard games

In 2009 he is turning Kyle Orton into a very good QB

In 2010 he's being fired.

27400_o.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye