JoeShmoe

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Time to give Josh some real credit IMO

In 2007 he leads the offense that goes 18 straight and breaks all records

In 2008 he turns Matt Cassell into a 1st/2nd round trade inc 2 x 400 yard games

In 2009 he is turning Kyle Orton into a very good QB

Coincidence? I dont think so

not only that, hes smart enough to surround himself with great assistant coaches who i guarantee are making his transition easier. nolan was a great hire. very excited about this next game at the chargers. vegas early odds have chargers as 3.5 pt favorites.

Beginning to think that some of our O woes, are dues to his absence....

He's a punk though, should have came and shooken BB's hand first....

Huh? wtf? I'll pretend I didn't just read "shooken", and move right on to the part where Belichick and McDaniels agreed, before the game, to meet after the game. Seems like neither one of them wanted the handshake-soap opera-media circus. Had nothing to do with anyone being a punk.

McDaniels is a hell of a coach, and I'm happy for him. We definitely miss him. As much as it sucks that the Pats lost yesterday, the fact that McDaniels got the win makes it a little better. He gave us a lot of good years and left with Belichick's blessing- what more can we want from him as fans?

Last edited:

Josh said that BB and his kid visited his locker room to talk to him and his wife after the game. So I don't think this was ever an issue.

Disagree that he is a punk but agree that he could have made an effort to shake the opponent's coach hand first before he celebrated.

But knowing how he left the Pats and that there was no ill-blood, I have no issues with him not shaking the hand. He was pumped up, understandbly so and so took some time to come around because he didn't get around greeting anyone until he showed his appreciation to his family in the stands. By the time BB hovered around for some time and then left.

I am very happy for his success.

what is interesting is none of the media thought it was disrespectful to the opponent, particularly your ex-guru, if you are busy celebrating instead of observing the basic protocol. Wonder what the media would have said had BB run away without shaking his opponent's hand. :rolleyes:

Disagree that he is a punk but agree that he could have made an effort to shake the opponent's coach hand first before he celebrated.

But knowing how he left the Pats and that there was no ill-blood, I have no issues with him not shaking the hand. He was pumped up, understandbly so and so took some time to come around because he didn't get around greeting anyone until he showed his appreciation to his family in the stands. By the time BB hovered around for some time and then left.

I am very happy for his success.

what is interesting is none of the media thought it was disrespectful to the opponent, particularly your ex-guru, if you are busy celebrating instead of observing the basic protocol. Wonder what the media would have said had BB run away without shaking his opponent's hand. :rolleyes:
It's been reported that both Belichick and McDaniels agreed not to shake hands and met privately after the game.

it seems like the general feeling around pats-land is if bellicheck(sp?) was gonna lose to anyone, it would be mcdaniels. to see how much belicheck actually tutored mcdaniels and taught him how to be a HC is awesome, and i read they still talk once a week about stuff in general. did ANY of the other BB proteges leave as gracefully as mcdaniels did?

Believe it has been stated that they agreed to meet after the game..not on the field.

Um... like this?

street_fighter_ii_snes_hadoken.jpg

Huh? wtf? I'll pretend I didn't just read "shooken", and move right on to the part where Belichick and McDaniels agreed, before the game, to meet after the game. Seems like neither one of them wanted the handshake-soap opera-media circus. Had nothing to do with anyone being a punk.

McDaniels is a hell of a coach, and I'm happy for him. We definitely miss him. As much as it sucks that the Pats lost yesterday, the fact that McDaniels got the win makes it a little better. He gave us a lot of good years and left with Belichick's blessing- what more can we want from him as fans?

this whole handshake crap has gotten so outta hand . perhaps thats why they decided not to do it at all so that the tmz police wont have anything to analyze. i actually am happy if they do the same every week. its just plain stupid. how many times has brady jogged off the field after a loss. ? you just lost a game ,you are pissed so whats the point of shaking a hand for token sake when the other person knows and respects you anyway.

Who gives a flying fork about a handshake. Im start to wonder just how much of our great offensive system was about great co-ordinators and how we are sorely lacking one of either side of the ball right now

His crazy man fist-pumping after the game was way over-the-top IMO. He looked like a frat boy after winning a beer bong competition. I mean, after all the offseason drama he had to deal with, he is understandably jacked at being 5-0, but his post-game histrionics were silly. Act like you've been there before Josh.

I don't care that he was an asst. coach/OC for the Pats at one time, nor what he did or didn't contribute to our success. I don't care if he left on amicable terms or not: He is now not only the enemy, but now an arch-enemy, simply by being the HC for a team that has been arguably the Pats' biggest nemesis over the last decade.

It's been reported that both Belichick and McDaniels agreed not to shake hands and met privately after the game.

I know they met after the game but didn't know that they agreed to this prior to the game. Thanks for the update.

When JM went nuts after the game, it bought me back to the **** McPherson/Pete Carroll ra-ra days.

Major difference; McD is a pretty good NFL-level HC who has his team's support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes