PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty & Chung remind me of Ty Law & Lawyer Milloy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think that this duo of McCourty and Chung remind you of the Law and Milloy duo of 2001?

Both play similar IMO with Law having ball hawking skills and great man to man coverage while Milloy was back there waiting to pounce on a WR in the open field, I see the same kind of play from Pat and Devin

...looks like an eerie similarity to those years when we had some good talent back there.

No. they remind me of the Law and Milloy duo of 1996. The only difference is that their length of service on the team is reversed.. In 1996, Milloy was a rookie and Law the 2nd year player. In this case, Chung is the 2nd year player and McCourty the 1st.

Talking of Milloy, here is a cracking picture to bring back memories of the old days :rocker:

sp_010.jpg

Troy sure has some huge balls....in his pockets...

I have heard that the Jets also wanted McCourty (even over Wilson, and although this is just hearsay) if he was still available at the 29th spot. I am just wondering how the team scouts can have such a different perception of college players than media pundit/scouts. From rewatching Kiper's analysis of the Patriots pick, it seems that he wasn't very high on McCourty. Let's just say I am glad Kiper isn't making picks for the Patriots.

They are close, but McCourty needs more seasoning to be compared to Ty Law.... he will eventually equal or surpass him.

They are a valid comparison to Law and Milloy, earlyin hteri career, but we never had anybody as good at the other Safety as Meriwether and Sanders... OTOH, O-T-I-S was smart if not talented at the other CB.

Last edited:
More like 1996, though. They were in their prime by 2001.
In 1996, Law was in his 2nd year and Lawyer was drafted.

No. they remind me of the Law and Milloy duo of 1996. The only difference is that their length of service on the team is reversed.. In 1996, Milloy was a rookie and Law the 2nd year player. In this case, Chung is the 2nd year player and McCourty the 1st.

Is there an echo in here?

Chung is pretty different from Milloy and especially Harrison. McCourty is also quite different from Law, although they have some similarites. I think they will be great players but different from the greats before them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back