PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCauley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's one of the big mystery men in the draft. I'd call Brian Robison another. Both seem to be swimming in athletic talent...why not a bigger impact on the field?
Define impact?

Per NFLDraftScout.com
2002: ILB on scout team.
2003: He started three of 13 contests at inside linebacker in 2003, coming up with 38 tackles (22 solos) with a sack and three stops for losses. He caused a fumble and generated 14 quarterback pressures while tying a school single-season record with four blocked kicks.
2004: Robison shifted to right defensive end, earning Associated Press All-Big 12 Conference honorable mention. He produced 48 tackles (27 solos) with 1.5 sacks, ranked second on the team with 14 stops behind the line of scrimmage and posted 18 pressures.
2005: Again named All-Big 12 honorable mention as a junior. He collected a career-high 58 tackles (35 solos) while leading the Longhorns with seven sacks and 15 stops for losses. He generated 10 pressures with two fumble recoveries and three forced fumbles. He also blocked a kick and deflected four passes.
2006: Bothered by right leg and knee problems, a strained quadriceps muscle and also battled pneumonia. He missed the Sam Houston State game, but still managed to start 10 times at right end. He registered 37 tackles (22 solos) with 5.5 sacks, nine stops behind the line of scrimmage and 15 pressures. He blocked a kick for the sixth time in his career and batted down three passes.

Looks like a reasonably productive college career.

run support for a CB is all about attitude. You got to want to make contact. Shying away from contact leaves me very nervous about him. I'm kinda taking a liking to Jonathan Wade or Josh Wilson who both seem to be scrappy guys. But that's just me.

run support for a CB is all about attitude. You got to want to make contact. Shying away from contact leaves me very nervous about him. I'm kinda taking a liking to Jonathan Wade or Josh Wilson who both seem to be scrappy guys. But that's just me.
Wilson would be a good Nickelback as a rookie. Wade impressed me with his athleticism at the Combine, and his play in the Senior Bowl, a raw kid playing as well as he appeared to be looks like a better prospect then I originally thought with a late 1st round pick.

I got $20 (via good faith) that says Mccauley goes in the 1st round.

I want to take your side of the bet. I agree, Some dopey Bobby Grier type GM will be amazed at his athletic numbers, and draft in round 1 ... a BUST.;)

McCauley is too risky, Wade too raw, Wilson too small, Wright too dangerous, Irons too injury-prone, and Brown too inconsistent to be worthy of the 24/28 picks. Hopefully, somebody we all like will drop to 24, or we can find some sucker with whom we can pull the Sebman trade.

I am in the pro-McCauley camp (#3 on my board after Revis & J Wilson). I am firmly NOT in the McCauley in the first round camp.

I want to take your side of the bet. I agree, Some dopey Bobby Grier type GM will be amazed at his athletic numbers, and draft in round 1 ... a BUST.;)

Ok... lets do it like this. I'll take a $20 bet that says he is NOT a bust in the NFL.

You game??

Last edited:
At the end of the day, Pat Hill will make or break his chances with us. I see a lot of problems in his game, however most scouts think it's a footwork issue. If that is the case, then BB can fix that. The rest is up to Pat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes