PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's Intoductory Press Conference

We've had over 20 years of the GOAT QB and GOAT HC, things are going to look different no matter who they picked, and expectations are going to be high. I'd hate to be the guy that follows the GOAT.
Well if we are comparing a new unknown approach to the old one, wouldn’t the success of the old one be relevant?

That aside, I can think of many successful coaches who walked in the door and said I’m in charge, this is how we do things here and very few who said I want everyone to give me their ideas about how I should make decisions.
It strikes me as a guy who isn’t ready and doesn’t know what he wants the team to be.

Well if we are comparing a new unknown approach to the old one, wouldn’t the success of the old one be relevant?

That aside, I can think of many successful coaches who walked in the door and said I’m in charge, this is how we do things here and very few who said I want everyone to give me their ideas about how I should make decisions.
It strikes me as a guy who isn’t ready and doesn’t know what he wants the team to be.
We'll find out I guess; you may be right then again Mayo could turn out to be a great coach. It's just hard to compare anyone to BB and TB, we'll probably never see a combo like that in our lifetimes on any team.

True colors being shown all over this forum.
I see it as more of a testosterone check. Go type your political leanings into Google then see where the studies say you fall on the low-T spectrum.

Mayo answered the race question like how leaders are supposed to, honest and to the point. It's unfortunate that some have twisted his words and have quickly put a label on him. A leader needs to be able to speak freely, even if that makes people uncomfortable.
It’s not that he answered that is the problem, it’s how he answered.
A bad leader gives bad answers confidently. It goes both ways.

Mayo answered the race question like how leaders are supposed to, honest and to the point. It's unfortunate that some have twisted his words and have quickly put a label on him. A leader needs to be able to speak freely, even if that makes people uncomfortable.
Counterpoint:

1705698066000.png

We'll find out I guess; you may be right then again Mayo could turn out to be a great coach. It's just hard to compare anyone to BB and TB, we'll probably never see a combo like that in our lifetimes on any team.
I won’t be right or wrong because I’m giving an uneducated snapshot opinion after the first public words from the guy. I’m not predicting anything im just assessing one piece of vague information

I won’t be right or wrong because I’m giving an uneducated snapshot opinion after the first public words from the guy. I’m not predicting anything im just assessing one piece of vague information
We all are at this point. We'll see if his non echo chamber system is a plus or not.

I see it as more of a testosterone check. Go type your political leanings into Google then see where the studies say you fall on the low-T spectrum.
Actually funnily enough there was a study that basically showed that the winner of an election voters experience stable testosterone counts and the losers voters experience declines. Back in 09 a study showed that McCain voters dropped in t counts and Obama voters stayed the same.

Which imo means all those people don't have fulflilling lives outside of politics and are massive losers who need to stop looking towards other things to get validation.

We all are at this point. We'll see if his non echo chamber system is a plus or not.
Since I can't see who you are responding to and it's a lot of posts I'm just going to assume it's AndyRing6. Whatever his silly opinion is (and most of them are just low IQ tier) it's best to realize he's hellbent now on performing mental gymnastics to never be wrong on it, so you are best just ignoring him because he's never going to be as reasonable as you.

Since I can't see who you are responding to and it's a lot of posts I'm just going to assume it's AndyRing6. Whatever his silly opinion is (and most of them are just low IQ tier) it's best to realize he's hellbent now on performing mental gymnastics to never be wrong on it, so you are best just ignoring him because he's never going to be as reasonable as you.
I know how he operates, I've been here a long time.

Actually funnily enough there was a study that basically showed that the winner of an election voters experience stable testosterone counts and the losers voters experience declines. Back in 09 a study showed that McCain voters dropped in t counts and Obama voters stayed the same.

Which imo means all those people don't have fulflilling lives outside of politics and are massive losers who need to stop looking towards other things to get validation.
Most of the people who voted for McCain were suffering low-T to begin with. And you're saying all voters of the losing candidate experienced declining testosterone? So "all those people don't have lives outside of politics and are massive losers"? That doesn't make any sense.

Further, the study you're referring to looked at testosterone levels within 40 minutes of election results. Not for the days, months, and years that followed. Thanks for sharing your uninformed ********:

Dominance, Politics, and Physiology: Voters' Testosterone Changes on the Night of the 2008 United States Presidential Election

Studies have clearly shown that pink hats have low-T. But you don't need a study to realize that.

It’s not that he answered that is the problem, it’s how he answered.
A bad leader gives bad answers confidently. It goes both ways.

The only 'problem' is that he made some people uncomfortable with his answer.

Most of the people who voted for McCain were suffering low-T to begin with. And you're saying all voters of the losing candidate experienced declining testosterone? So "all those people don't have lives outside of politics and are massive losers"? That doesn't make any sense.

Further, the study you're referring to looked at testosterone levels within 40 minutes of election results. Not for the days, months, and years that followed. Thanks for sharing your uninformed ********:

Dominance, Politics, and Physiology: Voters' Testosterone Changes on the Night of the 2008 United States Presidential Election

Studies have clearly shown that pink hats have low-T. But you don't need a study to realize that.
Bro you get way too bothered to be trying to convince us you have high t.

I don't recall ever seeing an opening press conference with a new head coach saying, "I'm in charge" during any of his comments with the media...?

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

I'm not sure why the Patriots' Twitter account hasn't jumped all over this. They technically have the NFL's first all black coaching staff.
Screenshot_20240119_162845_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240119_162825_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240119_162836_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20240119_162500_Firefox.jpg

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand